3DS....

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner

Reaction score
As much as I love my 3ds, am I the only person who's slightly disappointed by it?

First off, there is like no games out whatsoever right now worth playing. You would think Nintendo would at least make some original, good 3ds games. But the only cool game they made so far is Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land is just a fancy remake of every other regular Mario game out there, and Nintendogs + Cats (I don't own it, but I played the original Nintendogs) gets boring quickly. The upcoming Kid Icarus thing looks cool, but I dunno. Third party developers have made some good games (i.e: Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3), but there aren't enough good games out there to keep me occupied. Which is why I only own Mario Kart 7 despite having owned my 3DS for two months now.

And then the downloadable games from the eShop. There is mostly DSi ware, not 3DS exclusive stuff. I suppose the reason being for that is because making DSi games is more profitable, since DSi owners can buy the ware as well as 3DS owners, but there's like only 10 3D games out so far, and only three 3ds downloadable applications, two of which suck (One is Netflix, and I don't own Netflix, so I can't use it). These would be Nintendo Video, and PokeDex 3D. Nintendo Video seldom gives you good videos (i.e: I got a John Deere video, I dunno why I'd want to watch a video about tractors...), and PokeDex 3D only allows you to look at and collect pokemon from Unova, which is stupid. What happened to pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh? Again, another smartphone thing. There was a PokeDex application for the smartphone, and it has all the pokemon for those regions. Once again, I question about the people who don't own smartphones (Like me) and the people who can't afford apps and/or aren't allowed to get them.

About the games, sure, it hasn't been too long since the 3DS came out, but I think it's been nearly a year now, since the original Japanese release was February 26th, and the NA release was like March 27th.

The internet browser is also sort of disappointing. The lack of flash on the browser is kind of sad, especially since that means you can't get on youtube or any other sites. I read somewhere this is because Nintendo figures you can just use your smartphone to get on youtube and other mostly (if not all) flash sites, but then for the people who don't have smartphones, or can't afford data fees... Well.. Yeah.

Plus, all the streetpass things, as cool as they are, unless you go to a gaming convention or to a store where there's 3ds's, I doubt you can get very many (if any) tags. I've carried my 3DS while walking around Seattle, and while walking around a mall, and the only streetpass tags I've gotten are from the 3DS demo display thing from Gamestop.

Anyway, I'm going to stop my whining now. I do apologize in advance to any 3DS owners who read this and then get rage faces. By the way, I'm a Nintendo person, so if I sound like some person trying to make Sony or Microsoft sound better, then idk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Memetchi Fan, that was nice. >.>

But oh my gosh Runner, I completely agree with you!

I was so pumped to get the 3DS to get all the new games, especially Luigi's Mansion, and they haven't even come out with anything good for it.

Sure I got Mario Kart 3DS and Super Mario 3D Land, but like you said, they sort of get annoying after a while.

In the shop everything costs money, and I don't know about you but it seems extremely disorganized. =.= I can't find the free games, or games that cost a dollar, etc. I have no idea where anything is and everything takes forever to load.

And with the Streetpass thing, I don't go to conventions, no do I have many friends with 3DS's either, so it's pretty useless for me. :/

I'm a pretty hardcore Nintendo fan, original games like Mario and Kirby and stuff, and I keep waiting for new games to come out(Oh Animal Crossing too!) but Nintendo hasn't even mentioned anything. =.=

Oh, the Pokemon thing too! I just wanted to add in since you brought that up, that all of the Pokemon guides and books I've seen lately are either all Unova pokemon(which is completely useless to me since I love playing the old games) or they barely have any information in them. I just wish Nintendo or something would come up with a guide I could buy that has ALL pokemon, ALL the information and stats, and ALL the movesets on the pokemon. I've been waiting for a book like that, but once again, they just make some tiny little Unova pokedex for the 3DS. =.=

Haha so that's my little rant too. I do love Nintendo, believe me, but lately they've really been disappointing me. :C

I was sooooo excited to finally get my 3DS, and even though I still do love it, it's definitely not as good as expected.

My family is a Netflix family so I can use the Netflix app a lot :D I don't like Pokedex 3D much though. I want the Pokemon from other regions to be involved too. :U

I like Mario Kart 7 a lot, but Super Mario 3D Land is... Okay... Like, not good but not bad either.

I would like more 3DS apps though. Like, more that were actually for the 3DS. o.o

I only leave the house once a week so I don't get many StreetPass tags :U I wish it was easier to get them

There were many less camera features on the 3DS, which majorly disappointed me. :/

I like the Internet browser for Facebook Mobile, but not much else.

I got the 3DS on my Birthday, and it doesn't really seem fun.

Nintendo's thinking that we didn't own a DSI a coulple of years ago, so they're bringing DSI Ware.

And sheesh, they had to make games so expensive. they could at least, at the most have discounts for DSIware. It's kinda encouraging wittle kids to steal ther mum or dad's credit card and steal money from it. And like Booboo said, it's not organised good. I want to find free stuff, I have to search around the eShop. There's only a hand full of fun games for the 3DS. And I don't have any retail gams, because their so darn expensive.

$29.99 for Pokemon Rumble Blast??? $29.99's the price for a used copy of it. You could buy a new Pokemon Black or White for a preowned Pokemon Rumble Blast! And Pokemon Rumble for the Wii was 1100 or 1200 points! That equals $11 or $12. And currently, most of the games are remaks or sequals. ..Mario Kart 7? I know, there's the GP games, and some JP exclusives, but they had to call it 7? That could confuse people. "____ Said he wantedMario Kart. Wait, what's Mario Kart 7? Oh Tepig it, let's get him Rythem Heaven." the internet browsers a piece of Mudkip. It takes, forever to load, andit doesn't have flash! And Streetpass, oh Dewott no. i live in a quiet neihborhood, where noone has a 3Ds. So, I have to wait untill 3 in the morning to actually get one.

End

$29.99 for Pokemon Rumble Blast??? $29.99's the price for a used copy of it. You could buy a new Pokemon Black or White for a preowned Pokemon Rumble Blast! And Pokemon Rumble for the Wii was 1100 or 1200 points! That equals $11 or $12. And currently, most of the games are remaks or sequals. ..Mario Kart 7? I know, there's the GP games, and some JP exclusives, but they had to call it 7? That could confuse people. "____ Said he wantedMario Kart. Wait, what's Mario Kart 7?
This is the bit I disagree with. The 3DS games are more expensive because they're new (as in released more recently, not unused). You're also paying for the programming that allows you to see in 3D and view the game in 2D as well. They called it Mario Kart 7 because it's the 7th main MK game released. It's the only Mario Kart game for the 3DS, so there's not a lot of confusion for it.

I do agree that the eShop needs to either add more free games/applications or lower the price of the current games. I'd like to see some more actual applications like Letter Box, as well as the Virtual Console games.

I don't think there's a real problem with the 3D games available, because there are plenty of new releases set for this year. The only thing is havig to wait for them, bevcause most of them are set for SummerAutumn releases, but a lot of them look good

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back