Bandai UK told me they are making new tamagotchi! :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pandarock32

Reaction score
Hello everyone

A few months ago I sent this email to bandai UK:

HelloI'm writing to enquire if you are going to produce Tamagotchis again. I used to love those things, and I hear that Bandai japan are making colour versions, and Bandai USA is making the Tama-go. What has happened to the tamagotchi UK market? I saw it isn't even in the product list anymore. Please, please make it again; I know loads of people still love it. Please tell me what is happening with it; has it been permanently taken out of production?
They have just replied, here is the whole email:

Dear *real name removed*Thank you for your interest in Tamagotchi. We apologies for the delay in replying

The latest Tamagotchi, Tama-Go is currently on sale in Argos

https://www.argos.co....il/searchtext%3

ETAMAGOTCHI.htm

The Bandai product development team are continually looking at plans for the next Tamagotchi but we do not know when this might be launched in the UK. It will however not be before the summer of 2013. When there is any news to report we will do so on our website and via our Facebook page www.facebook.com/bandaiuk and Twitter @BandaiToysUK

Kind regards

Bandai UK Ltd

Christine Hayward | Receptionist| www.bandai.co.uk | Tel: 01489 790 944 | Fax: 01489 790 643 | | [email protected]

VAT registration Number GB358895485 - Registered in England 1632311 - Registered Address - Jellicoe House, Botleigh Grange, Southampton, Hampshire SO30 2AF

Information contained in this e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only, is confidential and may also be privileged. If you receive this message in error, please advise us immediately. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses which may damage your systems. Bandai UK Limited have taken reasonable precautions to minimise this risk, but we advise that any attachments are virus checked before they are opened. Any offer contained in this communication is subject to the standard terms & conditions of Bandai UK Limited.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 05 February 2012 13:31

To: Customer Services

Subject: Message from the 'Contact Us' page

A visitor has completed the contact form on the website

---

Name: *real name removed*

Question: Product enquiry

Brand: No specific brand

Order number:

Telephone:

E-mail: [email protected]

Enquiry/Questions:

Hello

I'm writing to enquire if you are going to produce Tamagotchis again. I used to love those things, and I hear that Bandai japan are making colour versions, and Bandai USA is making the Tama-go. What has happened to the tamagotchi UK market? I saw it isn't even in the product list anymore. Please, please make it again; I know loads of people still love it. Please tell me what is happening with it; has it been permanently taken out of production?

Okay to send marketing information?

No

--

This is an automated message from the Bandai UK website at www.bandai.co.uk. Bandai UK Ltd, Jellicoe House, Botleigh Grange, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 2AF
OMG!!!! What do you think everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to sound like a 'party pooper' but unfortunately, I think you have misunderstood their reply :(

Bandai UK are not making a new tamagotchi for the UK market....

When they say Product Development are continually looking at plans for the next tamagotchi they don't mean the next tamagotchi in the UK - they mean the next tama to be launched and where / which countries it might be launched.

Bandai said: ...we do not know when this might be launched in the UK. It will however not be before the summer of 2013...

I think that means they have absolutely no plans to launch anything in the UK right now.

It also reads to me like even if a new tama was brought out in other countries there's no guarantee that it will be launched in the UK, but if it was, they would not launch in the UK before Summer 2013.

I'm sorry. It's really disappointing and irritating when they send these kinds of vague replies to us because they are so easy to misunderstand. I just don't want anyone to get excited about something that I don't honestly think is going to happen for all of us tama fans in the UK...

of course, a lot of things could change in the next year and a half (before Summer 2013)... but I don't think that reply from Bandai UK is very hopeful at all :(

On the positive side of things, at least Argos seems to have the Tama-Go in stock ;)

The link Bandai gave you didn't work for me but Argos definitely have it listed on their web site; https://www.argos.co....ETAMAGOTCHI.htm

(I checked stock for my own postcode in London and they only had one left at my local store) o_O

Well, at least Bandai didn't say that they were no longer making Tamagotchis, instead we got the same reply that we got between previous versions, which means that perhaps this isn't the end of Tamagotchi after all. Summer 2013 is a long way away, though, and so if we do see new Tamagotchis is will probably not be until the next toy fair (unless Bandai UK were saying that any new release would be a year after the USA release, akin to the Tama-Go).

...But do they mean there might be...MORE ENGLISH TAMAGOTCHIS, PERHAPS? Like by Bandai USA??? Or not...? :(
They're slowly but surely discontinuing Tamas in the UK, NZ and Australia. Those are the only countries I've been to since the release of the TMGO, and I've looked in stores in all of them. They have a couple left in Australia according to you, but there are none left in NZ and not many in the UK. It's not too bad for me, I can order on eBay, but it must be awful for you... :( I'm about to go shopping to get a birthday gift for my guinea pig, lol, so I'll check Toys'R'Us on the way.

~ Dazzmina ~

Hold on, a new release? It won't be colour. And it won't be soon. But who knows, it might be good! Probably TMGO version 2, but we'll have to wait...

~ Dazzmina ~

TMGO version 2
I agree with you. Since the Tama-Go was released I've always wondered if they would bring out a '.5' version, and what it would be called. Probably something along the lines of Tama-Go 2 or Tama-Go Version 2. If they were to do this, however, the only explanation why would be to rectify the bad sales and comments about the Tama-Go by adding many more interesting features.

the ONLY pity thing, it is NOT in color.

those japanese people are lucky :( if only i was born in japan

Well, you can just buy the colors off eBay or a shopping site, can't you? That's where most of us got our Japanese Tamagotchis...

Anyways, I really don't want Bandai to discontinue Tamagotchi, 'cause I just got into them last December and joined TT in June... I don't have MANY of them, and if Bandai does discontinue them, I have to buy them off eBay for a really high price. ;(

Well, you can just buy the colors off eBay or a shopping site, can't you? That's where most of us got our Japanese Tamagotchis...

Anyways, I really don't want Bandai to discontinue Tamagotchi, 'cause I just got into them last December and joined TT in June... I don't have MANY of them, and if Bandai does discontinue them, I have to buy them off eBay for a really high price. ;(
you do have a point. but its just i dont really wanna buy it for a high price for now.at this point i want a princess spacy and a phone with IR port.but my parents said there both expensive. so i think im not getting my new phone :(

Are they going to do something for Australia?
The topic starter sent an email to Bandai to ask about new tamas for the UK.

If one of our members has news on new tamas in different country they should start a new thread (we already have one discussing an email/announcement from Bandai USA about new tamas for the USA).

But still I don't think they will make new ones they replied u a lying but positive letter just to make u feel better and relieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back