- - - - -

1997 Digimon - solid black?

digimon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ashuritchi

• ashuritchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:01 PM ( #1 )

I've been collecting the 1990s Tamagotchi since they came out...

I have a distinct memory of standing in a store around 1998 holding a Transparent Black Digimon Tamagotchi and a Solid Black Digimon Tamagotchi. I only had the money for one, so I chose the transparent, thinking it would be easier to spot a solid one. I'm only interested in the US ones, I know Japan/Europe/Canada had a lot of color combos released.

I have NEVER seen a solid black one again. I'm not even sure about the button/screen colors anymore - I think they were white/gray but they may have been black.

Has anyone ever seen a solid black Digimon? (Also: if you have one, I'm willing to pay a pretty penny for it.)

Here's a Pinterest of most of my collection, the rest are in boxes.
http://pinterest.com...33298839921441/

Replies

Views

Started

10 Mar 2012

Last Post

11 Mar 2012

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:13 PM ( #2 )

The Brick versions? I might have seen one when I was younger. I don't have one of those types... But you should check the second hand stores. I always find random stuff... not digital pets usually, but they still can be found.

Ebay will always be willing to sell you something for a pretty penny........... Given you find a Solid Black Brick Digivice.

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:28 AM ( #3 )

I've seen many solid black Digimons.
The colour is referred to as "charcoal black"

Here's a site that has a picture: http://digimonjapan....ual-pet_22.html

Nice collection, too.
Digimon are awesome. :D I wish I had that many!

ashuritchi

• ashuritchi user photo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:15 AM ( #4 )

I've seen solid black ones too, but not the US, brick faced ones. The site MintyDreams linked has a black one, but it's not a US version (chains are different, for one). The store I was in when I saw this Digimon back in 1997 was a Japanese/anime/gadget fan type of import store. I'm wondering if it could have been a Canadian version... it was in a box, not the plastic shell like Japanese or European ones.

It seems like there HAS to be one to finish the set:
1) Solid Red
2) Transparent Red
3) Solid Yellow
4) Transparent Yellow
5) Solid Green
6) Transparent Green
7) Solid Blue/Gray
8) Transparent Blue
9) Clear
10) Transparent Black
11) Brown

The logic kinda falls apart at the end with that brown one, but it seems like they had solid/transparent sets. Plus 11? Strange number. 12 would make more sense. Bandai hasn't responded when I ask about it, but they did send me a Tamagotchi sales chart back in the day when I told them I was trying to collect entire P1/P2 generations.

I will continue to stalk ebay... sadly, every auction has wound up being transparent black or blue :( (or fake or not US etc etc..)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: digimon