1997 Digimon - solid black?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashuritchi

Reaction score
I've been collecting the 1990s Tamagotchi since they came out...

I have a distinct memory of standing in a store around 1998 holding a Transparent Black Digimon Tamagotchi and a Solid Black Digimon Tamagotchi. I only had the money for one, so I chose the transparent, thinking it would be easier to spot a solid one. I'm only interested in the US ones, I know Japan/Europe/Canada had a lot of color combos released.

I have NEVER seen a solid black one again. I'm not even sure about the button/screen colors anymore - I think they were white/gray but they may have been black.

Has anyone ever seen a solid black Digimon? (Also: if you have one, I'm willing to pay a pretty penny for it.)

Here's a Pinterest of most of my collection, the rest are in boxes.

https://pinterest.com/pin/164733298839921441/

The Brick versions? I might have seen one when I was younger. I don't have one of those types... But you should check the second hand stores. I always find random stuff... not digital pets usually, but they still can be found.

Ebay will always be willing to sell you something for a pretty penny........... Given you find a Solid Black Brick Digivice.

I've seen solid black ones too, but not the US, brick faced ones. The site MintyDreams linked has a black one, but it's not a US version (chains are different, for one). The store I was in when I saw this Digimon back in 1997 was a Japanese/anime/gadget fan type of import store. I'm wondering if it could have been a Canadian version... it was in a box, not the plastic shell like Japanese or European ones.

It seems like there HAS to be one to finish the set:

1) Solid Red

2) Transparent Red

3) Solid Yellow

4) Transparent Yellow

5) Solid Green

6) Transparent Green

7) Solid Blue/Gray

8) Transparent Blue

9) Clear

10) Transparent Black

11) Brown

The logic kinda falls apart at the end with that brown one, but it seems like they had solid/transparent sets. Plus 11? Strange number. 12 would make more sense. Bandai hasn't responded when I ask about it, but they did send me a Tamagotchi sales chart back in the day when I told them I was trying to collect entire P1/P2 generations.

I will continue to stalk ebay... sadly, every auction has wound up being transparent black or blue :( (or fake or not US etc etc..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back