How Much Would You Spend On a Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMimitchi

Reaction score
Let's face it TamaTalkers, there are some real expensive Tamas out there that some of us would never buy, because the prices are so ridiculous. :nyatchi: Some prices are understandable, due to the features they have or how rare it is. But some people, I'm sure, would rather spend the money on a new phone rather than a small Tamagotchi. Don't get me wrong though, I love collecting Tamas, but some prices are just too high for my taste. :angry:

For example, instead of spending my hard earned money on say, a $300 Devilgotchi ( I would love one so much, yes ) I decided to invest in an iPad 2, since the price dropped recently. This seemed the more practical choice and would be very useful to me in the long run. Also, that $300 could go toward several Tamagotchis instead of just one super expensive one. :p

Most of the time when I'm on eBay shopping for new Tamas, I try to find the best deals and save the extra cash. But if there's a Tama you just have to have, spend the extra money and go for it! It may not be there forever and someone may snatch it away from you. It's happened to me several times, true facts. :(

I did splurge last month and bought a $99 TMGC+C and a $94 ID L 15th Anniversary. They were so worth it though. I love them both so very much. :D So if you want to spend hundreds of dollars on a Tamagotchi and it makes you happy, then good for you! It's an investment and it could be worth even more in the future if you're lucky. ;)

~* :mimitchi: *~

The most I've spent is $109 on my iD L... I totally regret spending that much and wished I could have found a way to buy one on Ebay for half as much.

The most I'd be willing to spend nowadays is probably $60-$70 on a 15th Anniversary iD L.

Maybe I'd be willing to spend more if I had a year-round job instead of just a summer one. :)

The most my parents spent on my tamagotchis (I never actually get an opportunity to buy them myself <_< ) was $80 for my iD L. They didn't have to pay for shipping, since the seller was almost the only one offering free shipping and the iD L was at a reasonable price. I would be willing to spend $90 or less, since I'm a bit short on cash at the moment..... :p

Whatever, as long as I want the Tama enough! I just received my iD L Princess Spacy ver, which cost over $100 including shipping and import tax.

~ Dazzmina ~

I wouldn't spend over $50 for a Tamagotchi.

I can't.

Money is tight and food and shelter are more important than shiny toys. XD

I think the most I've ever spent on a Tama was around US$30 for a Mothra.

However, I am not a serious collector.

The only other two tamas I've always thought I would like are the Morino (Forest) tama or the TamaWalkie (Pedometer). Unless I find either of them for a seriously good value deal (like less than they are currently worth) then I won't add them to my collection. Same reason as MintyDreams7 - money is tight and there are a ton of other things that are more important.

Most of my tama shopping these days is done hunting around the toy stall at school jumble sales (like yard sales) or in Charity (Thrift) shops.

I've picked up quite a few V1s and V2s in those places but so far only one more unusual tama (Uniqlo Chibi) :)

It depends on how much I want the Tama and how likely it is to pop up again. I've been wanting the JAL exclusive Ai Miyazato Entama for as long as I've known of its existence and it's so rare that it's hard to even find a picture of it anywhere. When it popped up on eBay just recently, I jumped on it because I knew I may never see it again.

I paid $165.00 USD.

Paying more for this one was absolutely worth it to me, though... I love it to bits, take a look! :lol:

rainbowjaltama1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
as much as i love tamagotchis i will not pay a lot for one just because it's rare or hard to find.

The most i spent on one is my princess spacy iD L which i paid about 65 for with shipping.

That's fine to me because that's retail price for it. Before i bought it i was looking for an iD L and the ones on ebay and other sites were like 80-100 dollars.

I don't understand why people spend that much when they are not all that rare and did not sell for that much to begin with.

But i totally understand the concept of wanting something badly enough to over spend on it.

I just don't see myself doing that with tamagotchis as i have no desire to own the old rare versions, and with the new ones there seems to always be a chance to get it at the regular retail price.

I've been known to over spend on other stuff though so i shouldn't be talking like i'm thrifty or something! lol.

Personally, the most I've spend so far was around £13 (just over $20), but I'd probably be willing to pay about £50 (just under $80) for a rare or well-worth-it 'gotchi. But that's just me personally. :p I'm less of a spend thrift than the majority of collectors. And I can hardly call myself a collector - just a fan, I suppose.

When I tell people how much I've spent on a particular Tamagotchi, their reaction is usually a negative one or one of disbelief! My views on money are pretty modest, I use it to buy food, pay my mortgage, put gas in my vehicle, buy clothes, entertain myself…you get the picture. I love collecting and playing with Tamagotchis so I have no issue spending a lot on a particular Tama if I see it fit. I think that if you truly love doing something and have the funds to support that activity, then it's completely OK to spend whatever your heart desires (as long as it's responsible spending!)

The most I've spent is $350 for a mint in package US Tamagotchi Ocean. Some will call me crazy, but it's the gem of my collection and believe it was worth every nickel and dime. I love looking at it and knowing that I've got a rare collector's item!

Well, I just recently got into collecting, about 2 months ago, so I'm not ready to make any big buys yet. The most I've spent on a tama so far is 60 dollars on an new ID L. On average I spend about 30 dollars on each tama purchase. I buy every few weeks or so, since I get a 15 dollar allowance every week. Lol, I'm a 13 year old girl so I really have nothing else to spend my money on, so yeah. The most I would ever spend on a tama is probably 100 dollars at the moment, as a special treat. Maybe, as I become more serious about collecting, I would be more willing to spend more money. But, for the most part, I really enjoy tamas, and they make me happy; so the money is definitely worth it.

Its scary to say, but the Tamagotchi prices on ebay are getting outragious. I do realize some versions are becoming ever so rare. But its rediculous!! The most ive payed for my tamas are $55 for my white ID L on ebay. And $82 for my ID L 15th anniv. (which was HARD to do). Not because i didnt want it, but because theres obviously better things to pay $82 for. (In most peoples eyes) But having said that, i love my two ID L's, and wouldnt take the decision back at all! I think if anyone could only have one tama, it should be the ID L or ID L 15th anniv. Well worth it!

When I tell people how much I've spent on a particular Tamagotchi, their reaction is usually a negative one or one of disbelief! My views on money are pretty modest, I use it to buy food, pay my mortgage, put gas in my vehicle, buy clothes, entertain myself…you get the picture. I love collecting and playing with Tamagotchis so I have no issue spending a lot on a particular Tama if I see it fit. I think that if you truly love doing something and have the funds to support that activity, then it's completely OK to spend whatever your heart desires (as long as it's responsible spending!)

The most I've spent is $350 for a mint in package US Tamagotchi Ocean. Some will call me crazy, but it's the gem of my collection and believe it was worth every nickel and dime. I love looking at it and knowing that I've got a rare collector's item!
omg, you have a US Tamagotchi Ocean and mint too? That is a rare find! Lucky you! I wish I knew about them back in the day to get my hands on one. I only knew about P1/P2 and Angel in the late 90s. I never realized that America made an Ocean version until this year. What color do you have? You should post pictures, Graficks. I'm sure it's lovely. :)

It depends on how much I want the Tama and how likely it is to pop up again. I've been wanting the JAL exclusive Ai Miyazato Entama for as long as I've known of its existence and it's so rare that it's hard to even find a picture of it anywhere. When it popped up on eBay just recently, I jumped on it because I knew I may never see it again.

I paid $165.00 USD.

Paying more for this one was absolutely worth it to me, though... I love it to bits, take a look! :lol:

rainbowjaltama1.png
Owl, I am super jealous. That is one beautiful Entama you have there! The money was well spent. I love the rainbow design! :mimitchi:

Most of my tama shopping these days is done hunting around the toy stall at school jumble sales (like yard sales) or in Charity (Thrift) shops.

I've picked up quite a few V1s and V2s in those places but so far only one more unusual tama (Uniqlo Chibi) :)
Oooo you have a Chibi? Super cute! I would love to have a Chibi. The screen looks so crisp. I have the US Mini and the screen's a little on the dark side. Don't know if that's true for all US Minis though. :huh:

The most I've spent is about $75 for my iD-L (At the time, they were going for about $68, but I HAD to get the green one :) ) The only one I would consider buying for more than $80 would be a $200 Santagotchi.

The most I would pay for a Tama now is $100... but when I live on my own someday I will be willing to pay every cent I own. Sad. XD No, it's actually great! Probably up to $300. :)

Of course, it depends on the version and how much I want it. Although $75 on my iD L (+$12 shipping) was the most I ever spent on a tama, I was willing to spend up to $100. For a Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy, I'd be willing to spend up to $120. But as for cheap tamas that I already own, like a V3 (which I already have 2 of) I might be willing to spend $20 tops. I've been wanting to get a Nook Tablet lately, and if I had to choose between that and a few rare tamagotchis, I'd choose the Nook Tablet. I already have 10 tamas, and that's more than enough to hold me over for a while.

Nook tablet? Get a kindle fire, it;s 50 dollars cheaper and has more apps. The most i would spend on a tama would be 80 dollars. :)

I agree, a beautiful gem you have there Owl! Worth every penny!

I will post a picture of the Ocean on my blog today after work (included in my signature)!
I recently followed you on Tumblr, Graficks. I love your photography skills and artistic eye! Also I saw your Tamagotchi Ocean appear on my dash the other night and I have to say I'm super jealous! The seafoam is one of my favorite colors/designs. :wub: If I were you I would be so tempted to open it. The Tamagotchi Ocean looks so safe in its packaging~ I'm pretty sure that it will double in value someday. Props to you for finding that beautiful gem. :)

Of course, it depends on the version and how much I want it. Although $75 on my iD L (+$12 shipping) was the most I ever spent on a tama, I was willing to spend up to $100. For a Tamagotchi iD L Princess Spacy, I'd be willing to spend up to $120. But as for cheap tamas that I already own, like a V3 (which I already have 2 of) I might be willing to spend $20 tops. I've been wanting to get a Nook Tablet lately, and if I had to choose between that and a few rare tamagotchis, I'd choose the Nook Tablet. I already have 10 tamas, and that's more than enough to hold me over for a while.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who would invest in a tablet instead of a pricey Tamagotchi. :lol: My white iPad 2 arrived at my house the other day and I haven't been able to put it down. I'm glad I invested in one. Tablets are awesome! ;)

As is with most people here, it depends on the version and how much I want it. The most I've spent on a Tamagotchi to date was $75 on my Devilgotchi. I refuse to pay anything more than $65 on any of the Color Tamagotchis and am very lucky to say that I haven't had to do that thus far. Connections-wise, I try not to go over $15-20. As far as vintages go, I try not to spend more than $30-50 on one, depending on which version it is. There are exceptions. For example, I would be willing to pay around $200 for a Santaclautch...when I'm more firmly established in my career, of course. XD I'm hoping I'll eventually find one that's a little cheaper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back