Puking...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

Reaction score
This is extremely random but I thought I'd bring it up anyway. (No pun intended.)

I've had this awful fear of throwing up since as far back as I can remember. If someone feels sick or gets sick around me, I bolt the other way and this sharp wave of fear washes over me and I lock down and become the victim of a full-blown panic attack. I can't even be in the same house as someone who is throwing up, I'll go crazy. When I get sick myself, I always freak out and feel like I'm going to die; if my stomach ever aches even just a little bit, I worry and prepare myself for the worst. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point...

It's called emetophobia and apparently it's common... yet I still feel so alone.

Does anyone else here ever feel the same way or is this just me...? :newmametchi:

... My little brothers are like that. Whenever they get the slightest bit sick, they cry and spend another week lying down staring off into space. :rolleyes:

I'm the opposite. I just forget about it whenever that happens. I once got poisoned and it didn't bother me.

WOOHOO! I am POISONED!

**Gets sick**

Lalala, don't care, I'm gonna jump around havin' fun!

**Gets sick again**

Whatevs... MOVIE MARATHON!

**Ditto**

I'm like Detective Anpan! ♥

Yeah... but then again I rarely get sick, not even when I drank chocolate milk with beef... :mellow:

~ EMF ♥

Nope, have the same problem. I can remember when I was 16, being curled up in a ball in terror because one of my family members was getting sick. I went ten years without one stomach virus and when one finally caught up with me I was all shakey and tense.

We do already have a topic on the SNTT forum called "Do you have a dysfunction/disorder/disease" : https://www.tamatalk....isorderdisease/

A phobia is classified (clinically) as an anxiety disorder - (which the above topic covers). So please would you post your comment in the existing, active thread? (Everyone tries to remember to check the forums first for existing threads and avoid making duplicates or those with very similar content - it keeps all the interesting / useful info in just one, easy to find thread - and keeps the forums tidier)

Many thanks :)

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back