Who hates Harry Potter?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Um... a lot of people ADORE the HP books and movies but me? NAAAAAAAAW! I hatethem hatethem hatethem! Too stupid for words. WHY are they so popular? I would like to know if I'm the only person here who hates HP. If you are a fan please don't be offended and don't get too angry if you post. Haters gonna hate.

~ EMF ;)

Me! I don't hate them as much as you say and I won't use such strong language, but I think a lot of the ideas in it are copied from other authors. I respect that other people like that sort of thing, but I don't. I can't really understand the movies and all the characters, but I guess I'm just not interested. :p

~ Dazzmina ~

I'm a huge HP fan... I guess the whole fight between good and evil is always a winner. And the books read without too much exertion, and is smartly written, with everything coming together in the last chapter of the last book. But I do understand that it is NOT everyone's cup of tea - my hubby also doesn't like it. But to each his/her own :p

Everyone likes them because it's an intricate storyline filled with characters that have amazing backgrounds, filled with ups and downs and good and evil; There's so much to debate about it that it will never be truly solved- there will always be at least one mystery of Harry Potter.

It's one of the biggest fandoms in the entire world, so there's an incredibly strong Harry Potter community that you can go to if you're confused about something.

If you haven't read the book and only seen the movies, and trust me because I speak from personal experience, then yes, you will be confused. The books can spell everything out that needs to be very clear, while the movies can't say everyone's name a hundred times to imprint it in your head.

Another reason that so many people love Harry Potter is because of the characters. No two are the same; Ms. Rowling has created a certain background for each character without getting each confused. She can stick to one storyline and not get confused. The characters have amazing stories, each and every one of them, and they prove something- that each person is neither all good or all bad. "Every person has good and bad inside of us- what matters is the part we choose the act on".

Joanne Katherine Rowling is an amazing narrator. She manages to add humor to the dark parts of the story, and perhaps the greatest feat is how she truly ages Harry. There are things he can't understand at the beginning of the book because he's so young, and she doesn't try to make him understand. Instead, she bides her time, waiting until Harry is old enough, and wise enough to understand some of the tricky subjects.

Although I respect your opinion, have you actually read the books? Because although the movies are good they're hard to undrstand if you haven't read all 3,000 and some pages of the books. Please don't say you hate something if you know that there are people that love it, because it's offensive. <_<

Believe me, when I picked up the first Harry potter book, I read three paragraphs and threw it onto my desk going "this is boring, I hate this." a few months (or a year...I forget) I picked up the third book and started reading. I got so addicted, I had to tear myself away from the third book to start with the first book. I can see why you don't like HP, EMF, but I think if you haven't read the books, you should at least try a chapter from the first book and see if you like it better than the movies.

Personally, i dislike JK Rowling's writing style and way of developing characters. I don't ~hate~ the books, I simply wouldn't go out of my way to reread them.

I don't exactly hate them, I just got bored with them. I read the first book, which in my opinion was the best. Then I read the second book. And by the third book I stopped in the middle because I thought it was too predictable. I mean, at the end he always gets extremely near death and then comes back to life again. So I just got bored with it and moved on to something else.

I personally think the Harry Potter series is the best book like every. J.K. Rowling uses such description it's like I am watching the movie when I am reading the book. Plus all the characters have such unique personality's just like Violetchilluvr said. Its just so unique as a whole. No book can be better than it. Not even Twilight or The Hunger Games. Its like when you start reading you cannot stop.

Well, I guess I offended lots of people but look at this:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/180119-twilight-poll-%26-9786%3B/

I am the only person who didn't vote for "None" in the question, "What's your favorite Twilight Book?"

So... I offended lots of people, but I am only one person. However, in the link, LOTS of people offended ME. Lol, I guess I am a little too different...

You say you want a reason why I hate HP, but if I said so you'd be even more offended. <_< Um... they're just... dumb. I guess I'm not really a fan of books where people turn into balloons and fly out the window. I guess other people like Harry Potter, but not me. Sorry. :ph34r:

I love the series, and find the books to be rather detailed. I love the idea behind them, and how J.K Rowling carefully crafted every aspect of the book to create the Potterverse. Not many authors these days would put quite that much work into a series of books, but these books are really good because of it. I think it's important for characters to have backstories, and nearly every character that is key to the plotline has their own backstory, intricately detailed to perfection. Also, the fact that I have grown up with the stories makes me like them a bit more, even if I was to young to comprehend the plot when they came out. And the morals in the story are beautiful, especially some of the quotes, and messages the books are sending. e.g Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light. I found the whole series to be quite creative and crafted nicely. Cannot wait for the Encyclopaedia of Harry Potter to come out.

So... I offended lots of people, but I am only one person. However, in the link, LOTS of people offended ME. Lol, I guess I am a little too different...

You say you want a reason why I hate HP, but if I said so you'd be even more offended. <_< Um... they're just... dumb. I guess I'm not really a fan of books where people turn into balloons and fly out the window. I guess other people like Harry Potter, but not me. Sorry. :ph34r:
That's just one book, and you're foolish to judge just one little incident, out of one book, in a series of seven books, and eight movies. It's not even a legitimate reason, considering that you clearly have not thought this through, haven't read any of the books, or watched any of the movies to even have the slightest idea of what's happening in this series.That's just rude, and a disrespect to the author.

Couldn't you have just posted in the Harry Potter topic without turning things into a hate-fest?

Me! I don't hate them as much as you say and I won't use such strong language, but I think a lot of the ideas in it are copied from other authors. I respect that other people like that sort of thing, but I don't. I can't really understand the movies and all the characters, but I guess I'm just not interested. :p

~ Dazzmina ~
Although I don't see how any of the ideas are copied, since the books were written in the 1990's, but I'm not a huge literature fan of books before then, so I wouldn't know.

There is an existing, active discussion thread on this forum "All Things Harry Potter" : https://www.tamatalk....s-harry-potter/

Please would everyone use it?

All things generally covers pretty much everything - including hate (if you must... :rolleyes: ) as long as all opinions posted fall within our site rules.

(Please try to remember to check the forums for existing threads with the same or very similar subjects to avoid duplications?)

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back