Entama Screen Not Turning On

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMimitchi

Reaction score
Ok, so I decided to start up my new Entama today. I reset it a few times so I could get a little boy. I left it sitting for a minute while I was going to look up a name for him and then the screen went completely blank. :huh:

How could this happen when there's new batteries in it? Also this was mint in package, too. The buttons still work and sound was coming out. I even took off the back and put in another new battery, but the screen still wouldn't come on even after I tried resetting again.

Could there be something wrong with the contacts to the battery or the screen? If it's an easy fix, that'd be great. I rather not try to return it since I ordered it from Japan. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a good sign.I'd do this:
  1. Remove your Tamagotchi's battery case.
  2. Remove the small screw on all the corners of your Tamagotchi,
  3. Very,very carefully open your Ttamagotchi up,And take a close look at the battery contacts.Is there anything wrong with them? Are they dirty? If so,try to fix the problem.
  4. If this appears not to be the case,gently flip your tamagotchi over and you will see the screen.give a really,really gentle push to either side of the screen.I know,it may not do much,but I don't want to be the one who gave you wrong instructions.
  5. Screw your Tama back together.
  6. If it works,Bravo! If not,your Tamagotchi could be faulty or missing a vital part for the screen.Does this happen when you get a girl? Photos would be interesting.

Did the batteries corrode? Sometimes the batteries, if it's in an old Tama, will leak and ruin the contacts. Take some rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip, and, holding your Tama with the screen facing the ceiling, very carefully clean the contacts.

If you try and clean it with the screen down on a table (so the contacts are facing you) there's a chance that the alcohol will leak and run into the Tama.

Just a little note, she said only the sounds and buttons worked, it did turn on. ;)

------------

Just open up your EnTama carefully, open it to the front screen, then try re-aligning the screen and wiping the scren contacts with a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol, see if it works, or the screws my be not too tight, so tighten them.

I cleaned the battery contacts with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol. I tried the batteries again but the screen still doesn't come on. The beep sound still comes on when the battery makes contact though.

Also, the battery that was originally in the Tama was not corroded. So, I'm thinking the problem has to deal with the motherboard and the screen. :(

Just open up your EnTama carefully, open it to the front screen, then try re-aligning the screen and wiping the scren contacts with a Q-Tip and rubbing alcohol, see if it works, or the screws my be not too tight, so tighten them.
I'll try that when I get home from work later. Hopefully that will solve the problem. :)

Edit: Nope still not working. I really hope it's not faulty. Also the screen worked when I first pulled the tab so I don't think it's missing any parts. I just don't know what to do anymore. :( :(

Edit 2: I do have a used V4 I could sacrifice for parts to fix the Entama if I have to. Maybe the screen on that one will work on the Entama.

Does it have contrast adjustment? Are the inner screws tight? Are the screen parts clean? Did you touch the black blob inside? The black blob is display.... Hates finger grease.....

Just random questions....

And I'm sure you did.... Battery check.

Remove batteries for a bit... Then try it like normal.... Maybe pressing the reset a few times after replacing them....

Normally... I find animal matter in non working tamas.... I clean it and it's fine.... If you have a pet........ Well.... Just hope not.... Corse it's gross but I tend to look at the unworking ones for that.... Then wash my hands like crazy.... Me checking on used ones I bought unworking........ Usually so.... That fixes them to normal if I get everything off....

Does it have contrast adjustment? Are the inner screws tight? Are the screen parts clean? Did you touch the black blob inside? The black blob is display.... Hates finger grease.....

Just random questions....

And I'm sure you did.... Battery check.

Remove batteries for a bit... Then try it like normal.... Maybe pressing the reset a few times after replacing them....

Normally... I find animal matter in non working tamas.... I clean it and it's fine.... If you have a pet........ Well.... Just hope not.... Corse it's gross but I tend to look at the unworking ones for that.... Then wash my hands like crazy.... Me checking on used ones I bought unworking........ Usually so.... That fixes them to normal if I get everything off....
Entama's don't have contrast adjustment... well i don't think they do? The screen isn't coming on at all so there's no way to test that. I just put it back together, all the screws should be tight and all the inner parts are clean. This was a new in package Tamagotchi.

I have replaced the battery before to test it. I pushed the reset button afterwards and it still didn't work. I've left it alone for hours and that didn't make a difference. :(

Have you maybe been leaving it in the sun? I know electronics don't like to get too hot.

HMMM.... This sure is a tricky one. Are you using cheap batteries from the dollar store? Because those usually have shorter lives.

HMMM.... This sure is a tricky one. Are you using cheap batteries from the dollar store? Because those usually have shorter lives.
This happened when the original battery was still in the Tamagotchi. The brand was Maxwell. I always use either Duracell or Energizer for replacement batteries. I've never had this problem before, so I'm pretty stumped too. :(

Those are good brands all right...

I can't think of anything else to do. Sorry! :(

Those are good brands all right...

I can't think of anything else to do. Sorry! :(
It's ok. I appreciate your help. :) I took it apart again and it might be that the screen isn't aligned correctly with the contacts. I'm gonna see if I can use a little bit of masking tape to keep it in place so it doesn't loose contact. I hope this helps it. *crosses fingers*

Edit: Nope that didn't work either. ;____; I'm losing hope here. I guess I'll just have to buy another one.

Good luck! I hope you find a solution soon! ^_^
Well I've tried everything I could and nothing seems to work. I contacted the seller on ebay. They don't take returns or exchanges, but I figured I should send them a message anyway. My item is protected by ebay buyer protection though, so maybe I can get my money back somehow. I'm still disappointed that I purchased a dud. :(

Edit: I received a message back from the seller. They said I can send it back and I can receive another one. I opened a case through ebay buyer protection so maybe they can cover the shipping cost to send it back. I just hope the next one I get is fully functional. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back