What's your school like?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I wonder why no-one created this already...

Anyway, what is your school like? The teachers, the other kids there, the classrooms, how many bullies or annoying people there are, whether you get picked on and stuff. Remember NOT to include anything unsafe, like the name of the school, the exact number of students/teachers/rooms/whatever, or the names of anyone there (except your first name, if you say it online anyway).

My school is very boring. I'm stuck in elementary school for another 2 or 3 months I think, and I can't wait for that to be over. Elementary school, in my country (UK), is called primary school and consists of ages four to eleven. I am almost eleven and the second oldest kid in the school. I do not enjoy all the kiddy "fun activities" we do. At least MY teacher has some idea of what 10 and 11 year olds like, because we get to play on computer games (not even educational ones!) once we've finished our work. She yells a lot and has an odd accent, she pronounces the word "science" as "signs", so since it's not actually proper science, I came up with the idea of calling the subject Signs, lol. The teaching is really bad at my school and the lessons are boring. The 4 and 5 year olds are super annoying, they always get what they want and get the best of everything. It's okay though, for some reason even though everyone tries to be mean to me, it's funny.

So, what's your school like? Just remember, follow the TamaTalk safety rules .. ;)

TM Edit: Please try to remember, this is not a thread to discuss bullying, (we already have an active topic on the forums about that here: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/178526-bullys-at-school/ )

Last edited by a moderator:
Full of posers-- actually i probably cannot complete this post without typing profanity. so lets just say its filled with horrible people. with a few exceptions. <3

Full of grade 2 boys swearing, basketball against a portable, (my classes portable) burping, bullies, and that's just a quarter of the beginning of my school...

My school is full of immature students and ignorant teachers. There is a lot of bullying (if you're like me) and the teachers don't do anything unless it turns physical; even if the person who made it physical was the original victim, they get in trouble. It is basically torture xD

Well, for me it's hard to describe. Our classrooms are usually full of noise (mostly at lunch time). There are a lot of people swearing and even some teenagers from high school throwing down from the windows toilet paper or something! The teachers don't really give them much discipline so it continues. :(

I'm in my last year of school before heading off to university/college. People in my year are a lot different to back when I was your age, Dazzmina. :) And I know you said not to say the amount of people in your school, but this isn't exact - in my year there are less than 100 students, and in all the others there are almost 300 - we've lost the baggage who didn't want to continue with their education. ;) The people are very nice, and everyone knows each other, is willing to have a conversation and help each other out. In my year, I don't think there's anyone I can class as a 'bully', however there are some annoying people! Then again, even when you hit the work scene, there'll always be someone who will annoy you (probably the boss!!).

When I was 11 or 12, I was bullied. And I moved school because of it. Things didn't much improve, but I made a good friend (who I hardly speak to now), and we looked after each other. Things didn't improve until I was about... 16, maybe? Kids can be cruel. Boys, namely - when they're immature (and believe me, they will be until they're in their early 20s, perhaps even later!).

I'm not sure whether it's because of maturity, because there are less people or something completely different, but school does change over time. When you look back in a few years, you'll realise just how different things are. And you'll be praised for your intelligence, rather than bullied. Just a few more years, guys, and you'll be out of that joint forever (unless you become a teacher)! ^_^

Im in 8th grade Junior High and I'm in Canada so I still have one more year to go in this school. Well to put it lightliy it sucks. The teachers will get mad for no apparent reason. Im the type of person that will do anything because I can take a lot of poop from a person before I start to break down. So guess who's one of the many people that get bullied. Also the kids younger then us think they own the school so they walk around and tell us to movie but of couse I take no poop so why should I move. Then I get told on by them for Bulling but of course because im the only one that does my work they dont belive them. ONE MORE YEAR :( NOOOOOOO!

TM Edit: Please try to remember, this is not a thread to discuss bullying, (we already have an active topic on the forums about that here: https://www.tamatalk....llys-at-school/ )

Hi! I'm in year 8 at secondary school (UK) and it's a selective school (you have to pass the 11+ test).

My school is filled with kids who think they are so cool but really aren't. It's filled with kids who are violent and bullies and just generally awful people.

Yet, most of the students are quite intelligent, but theres always a few I'm surprised even got into the school.

Most of the teachers are nice but some are just evil and love to break the homework rules.

Some of my teachers aren't very smart though and have been corrected on how to use the equipment and have been corrected on facts they are teaching us.

I really miss primary school, it was so much better and I got on with the teachers even better. If you are at primary/elementary, remember it, appreciate it, because Secondary is a lot harder and stressful, it gets easier but you have to grow up fast, teachers won't accept childish behavior, even if you are the youngest in the school

Hmm..let me see :p . The halls are dimly lit. Has horrible cafeteria food (except the fries). The teachers just want the day to be over. The mobile units are freezing. But otherwise, no one bullies anyone (but if you do, the guidance consueler gives you a 5-10 min lecture and sends you out with a piece of licorice, from what I've heard), and everyone has friends. It's a very happy place if you get over the three cons :) .

Full of grade 2 boys swearing, basketball against a portable, (my classes portable) burping, bullies, and that's just a quarter of the beginning of my school...
Same. I can't wait to go to secondary school. My future school is selective and I passed the 11+ test (like Laura) to get in, and I HOPE the kids will be nice there. :)

I really miss primary school, it was so much better and I got on with the teachers even better. If you are at primary/elementary, remember it, appreciate it, because Secondary is a lot harder and stressful, it gets easier but you have to grow up fast, teachers won't accept childish behavior, even if you are the youngest in the school
You'll find that, as you get older in the school, teachers will probably be more laid back with you. However, in year 8, teachers find it hard to cope with your childish behaviour and they know if one person gets away with it, everyone will see them as week. This isn't so true in older years - people aren't so "monkey-see-monkey-do", so they aren't so hard on little behaviour mishaps. :)

My Middle school is awful.I have like no friends at school most kids bully me and stuff.there's also TRASH EVERYWHERE its annoying because I want a nice clean school not a school that has kids who stuff there trash inside there desks because there lazybums and can't even walk to the trash can that not even that far. Kids cuss and CHOMP there gum very loudly.It's so bad the teachers dont even notice.also kids dress like there trying to be Se*y or something.

so yeah I can rant about it for hours its that bad ;o;

My Middle school is awful.I have like no friends at school most kids bully me and stuff.there's also TRASH EVERYWHERE its annoying because I want a nice clean school not a school that has kids who stuff there trash inside there desks because there lazybums and can't even walk to the trash can that not even that far. Kids cuss and CHOMP there gum very loudly.It's so bad the teachers dont even notice.also kids dress like there trying to be Se*y or something.

so yeah I can rant about it for hours its that bad ;o;
I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO MENTION THE LAZY TRASH THROWERS AND THE WAY PEOPLE DRESS! THIS POST REMINDED ME THANKS!

Yeah, the bolded parts of the quote above are like at my school too xD

I'm in highschool, or secondary school, whatever you guys call it. xD It's pretty much a place full of teenagers aged 14-18, with their hormones gone wild. But I have to say, I love my school. It's pretty rich, all the kids are rich and we have fundraisers alllllll the time, obviously because everyone can afford it. Everyone here is super nice! I have so many friends, it feels like im constantly waving to people in the halls. It's a lot different than my gradeschool, now theres two floors, and 1500 kids. xD But yeah, I havent seen any bullying at school at all! In elementary school I only had a few friends, but now theres tons of people I can hang out with and talk to, 8D Even though theres a little more work, I think its all worth it because of the amazing people I've met. <3

I kinda like my school. Most of the kids are alright, the ones who 'dress inappropriately and are popular' stare at me, but they leave me alone. The lessons are great, I actually feel like I'm learning, and I have quite a few awesome friends.

But if only we didn't have so much Homework!

I have to say I like my high school. I hated elementary school and middle school was kinda boring. The only thing is the homework. It's terrible.

Most people are nice. Or at least pretend to be nice. Or they're mean but you know they're actually nice. Or something.

There are mean people/people who cuss way too much/dress kinda..... But, to me, they're easy to ignore XD (my anime filled head won't allow me to notice them)

We are also extremely diverse, I guess. (Actually... Asians are 1/2 the school's population XD)

The teachers are nice too. And smart (there's one with a PhD...). There are a couple that people complain about...but I don't really see anything wrong with them XD

Apparently people like being subs at our school (tho there are some...evil subs...) so yeah.

I'm really lucky that I go to the school that I go to. And yeah. You all should transfer here. (when you get to high school at least). *awesome plan*

I have to say I like my high school. I hated elementary school and middle school was kinda boring. The only thing is the homework. It's terrible.

Most people are nice. Or at least pretend to be nice. Or they're mean but you know they're actually nice. Or something.

There are mean people/people who cuss way too much/dress kinda..... But, to me, they're easy to ignore XD (my anime filled head won't allow me to notice them)

We are also extremely diverse, I guess. (Actually... Asians are 1/2 the school's population XD)

The teachers are nice too. And smart (there's one with a PhD...). There are a couple that people complain about...but I don't really see anything wrong with them XD

Apparently people like being subs at our school (tho there are some...evil subs...) so yeah.

I'm really lucky that I go to the school that I go to. And yeah. You all should transfer here. (when you get to high school at least). *awesome plan*
Put your school with the way my school gives homework (pretty much never xDD) and it would be the perfect school!

im in a highschool grades 9-12

basicly your average school built in 1999 so its quite new.

just a place with hormone crazed teens and teachers whom always get in the way (jk)

I'm Year 9 at a non selective school (I didn't take my 11+) and its pretty rubbish in some ways (its dirty, litter everywhere and vandalised by kids) but it was its good points too. It's boring, but every school is so what can I do? I'm in top set for everything but Maths even though I don't deserve to be in top set for some lessons (I'm good at English so they put me in top set for some other lessons too, thinking I'd be good at them, and haven't got round to/can't be bothered to move me down.) I have a lot of lessons I hate, and very few that I like. I like Art, Drama and those sorts of lessons but English, although its boring, is my strongest subject. PE being my weakest, I just can't be good at it, and I'm also pretty bad at Science and Geography, despite being in top set. Again, read above. Like every school there are kids I like and kids I hate, and it has a really ugly uniform. I envy any non-Brits! But yeah, my schools pretty ordinary and just like every other school you've been too, and I wish it was newer as its old and looks rubbish. But thats just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back