iD L questions - new owner

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dreayh

Reaction score
hi friends,

i've just started playing tamagotchi again after alsmot 15 years.

Anyways, I have an iD L, just got it 2 days ago.

I have some questions and thanks in advance for all your help!

1) Are there more themes as the tama grows? Or just all that is there and the rest only available via download?

2) I bought the plant in the toy section, but what does it really do?

3) What does the clover the 2 smiley faces icons in the main menu do?

thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. If by "themes" you mean room themes, then yes, that's all there is. Others are available to download, though.

2. For most characters, the plant will do nothing special, but this is Mametchi's favorite toy. So if you make Mametchi use it, it will grow into a flower and Mametchi will get a happy symbol (collect four happy symbols so your adult character appears in the book)

3. The clover icon is like the medicine icon from other versions; if your character gets sick (the screen turns dark blue) select the clover to make them better. The two happy faces icon lights up when your Tamagotchi needs food or is unhappy.

yes my tama is an adult already. turning 4 tomorrow.

I understand that the donut park is the place to adopt

a pet, but how do i do that?

thanks!

You have to play with the pet three times. The first two times they'll play with the soccer ball, then the third time they will have a speech bubble with three hearts. A question comes up asking if you want to adopt the pet, the top option is yes and the other is no.

thanks!

By the way, I fed my tama rice and snacks this morning even though she doesn't like it, and the background turned completely

orange while she was eating,, and i showered her just now and the background was orange too.

what happened?

The rooms get dirty every once and a while. You have to go to TamaDepa and buy the appropriate cleaning... thingy.

Sponge: Shower room

Mop: Kitchen and toilet room

Vacuum: Living room and bedroom

thanks!

By the way, I fed my tama rice and snacks this morning even though she doesn't like it, and the background turned completely

orange while she was eating,, and i showered her just now and the background was orange too.

what happened?
Is your tamagotchi an adult? Adults don't like the built in rice meal on the iD L, they prefer restaurant food. Of course, there are some restaurant foods that they don't like (I have a brilliant knack of finding those foods) but some give them happy symbols. Additionally, on the first of every month, if your tamagotchi goes to the park between....10:30 am and....ooh, I'm not very clear on that, maybe...4pm? Anyway, the Eco triplets will come and reward your tamagotchi with either a fork, a pair of chopsticks, or a bag. The fork give you a 50% discount at Tama Cafe, the chopsticks a 50% discount at the restaurant, and the bag 50% off at Tama Depa.

thanks violet! i bought the things and they work! i was worried for a bit.

thanks kuchipatchi for the info! My rabbitlitchi is 4 years old, adult for 2 days,

I read that 1 of the happy symbols for her is to wear the princess dress,

today is the 2nd day of her being an adult, but when I let her wear the dress

she is still not given the happy symbol. I have the other 3 symbols already.

Maybe I should wait...

With Lovelitchi (rabbitlitchi), when you put the dress for the first time on her, she will receive a happy symbol. Therefore, when you put it on her again, she will be happy, but she won't receive a happy symbol. The last happy symbol is received 48 hours after your tamagotchi has been an adult. The time is a factor too, if your tamagotchi evolves at 8pm, then evolutions and happy symbols are received at 8pm.

EDIT: Lovelitchi's other happy symbols are in this spoiler, should you need them:

heart parfait ice and microphone

Last happy symbol obtained!! thanks!

By the way, I read that after obtaining the last happy symbol,

its recorded in the book icon.

BUt when I click the book icon, there's still nothing.

Also, my lovelitchi adopted a pet! What does the pet do?

Lovelitchi is number 16, I think, in the book. The pet's just there to be cute. :)

thank you! I found it!

If I don't matchmake my lovelitchi, how old will she live till?

If I matchmake her and get a new character, will all my purchases like toys and clothings still be there?

or will it be erased because lovelitchi is not there anymore?

thanks!

thank you! I found it!

If I don't matchmake my lovelitchi, how old will she live till?

If I matchmake her and get a new character, will all my purchases like toys and clothings still be there?

or will it be erased because lovelitchi is not there anymore?

thanks!
Your adult will stick around for as long as you care for it. There are no Oldies in this version. The matchmaker location will remain open.

When a new generation starts (after going to the matchmaker), all your purchases will remain. They will not disappear across generations. The only way you would lose them all and start over is if you did a hard reset (press the reset button in the back of the unit, select the second option, "reset," and then select the first option, "yes," when those menus pops up).

thanks! I matched made my Lavulitchi and got a little boy.

I noticed his yellow bar depletes quicker than the 1st infant

I got. It can only be filled up by playing games or are there

other ways?

thanks! I matched made my Lavulitchi and got a little boy.

I noticed his yellow bar depletes quicker than the 1st infant

I got. It can only be filled up by playing games or are there

other ways?
Snacks, items, and the melody charm (received when you go to melody land, one of the unlockable locations) all help fill up the happy bar. When your tamagotchi is a baby, the hungry and happy meters empty significantly faster than other stages.

You can also feed your Tama snacks to raise the happiness bar. This might be later on for you, but keep in mind that there are a couple of characters that you will default to if you feed a teen character a certain amount of snacks, no matter how many care misses you give your character. For future reference, you can find a list of these special condition characters HERE.

thank you!

it seems like it doesn't matter whether i clean my tama's poop or not

as long as he is well fed and yellow bar is full!

also, how long can I pause my tama for?

If I can't play for a few weeks, just pausing will be fine?

If I take out the batteries, does it erase everything (the generations record)?

thank you!

it seems like it doesn't matter whether i clean my tama's poop or not

as long as he is well fed and yellow bar is full!

also, how long can I pause my tama for?

If I can't play for a few weeks, just pausing will be fine?

If I take out the batteries, does it erase everything (the generations record)?
1. Leaving doo on the screen will make the Tama's happiness go down quicker.

2. You can pause it for as long as possible, but the batteries might die...

3. No... it's best not to leave it paused for WEEKS.

4. No, when you take out the batteries and put in new ones, select the first option and it will be from where you left off... BUT DO NOT SELECT THE SECOND OPTION. That will erase everything!

Note: To pause press A and C on the time screen, then press B several times to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back