Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:34 PM ( #1 )

Hello TamaTalkers!
Well I have spent the good part of the day rolling out the software update for TamaTalk. For the most part, the update will not look very different to everyone.

The one big noticeable change rolled out alongside the update is the upgrade to a new logo that matches our entry page. This logo change was voted on by everyone. Personally, I love it and want to give another big THANKS to graficks for designing it for us.

Now... One of the things some of you said is that you want to keep the old logo. You can do that too. Scroll down to the bottom of every page and look on the left for 'Change Theme' menu. With that menu you can select TamaTalk Classic to bring back the old logo. If TamaTalk Classic is selected you will see the classic logo as soon as you log into the site. There is also another request in that menu that I've received many times before... You can also select NonTamaTalk to get rid of the tama completely (for those of you who prefer it).

Thanks to everyone for being patient... The update took a lot longer than I thought.

Please let me know what you think!

Find a bug? Post it in this topic!
  • joshnemo likes this

Replies

Views

Started

25 Apr 2012

Last Post

29 Sep 2012

.chasm.

• chasm user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:41 PM ( #2 )

TC isn't working at the moment, it's giving an error message saying "Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view." Not sure if I'm just being impatient after the update, though xD

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:44 PM ( #3 )

TC isn't working at the moment, it's giving an error message saying "Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view." Not sure if I'm just being impatient after the update, though xD

Same. <.<

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:47 PM ( #4 )

Nope... I made a mistake. It is working now!

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:58 PM ( #5 )

Looks great Admin - thanks for all the hard work! I noticed that the NonTamaTalk theme includes the text "TamaTalk" above the graphic - is that supposed to be there?

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:05 PM ( #6 )

Thanks, Admin!
I'm still having the same problem from the last update, though. When I type "tamatalk.com" and then come through the portal, I see this
Posted Image
It won't let me click on anything; I can avoid it by going directly to another section, though.
Thanks so much for updating!

Edited by Violetchilluvr3, 25 April 2012 - 02:11 PM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:29 PM ( #7 )

Looks great Admin - thanks for all the hard work! I noticed that the NonTamaTalk theme includes the text "TamaTalk" above the graphic - is that supposed to be there?

Thanks! It has been fixed. :D

Thanks, Admin!
I'm still having the same problem from the last update, though. When I type "tamatalk.com" and then come through the portal, I see this
It won't let me click on anything; I can avoid it by going directly to another section, though.
Thanks so much for updating!

Can you copy the error text across the top and PM it to me so we can discuss this further?

booboo1

• booboo1 user photo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:43 PM ( #8 )

it's BEAUTIFUL C:
Good job Admin and graficks!

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:05 PM ( #9 )

i like, this is a wonderful update, im not seeing any problems yet. :D
as well, nice work on the logo graficks :D

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:37 PM ( #10 )

The new update is great, I'm not having any problems so far. The new logo is awesome, I love how it matches the entry page now. :)
Edit: Actually, the same problem Violet had is showing up for me now:
Posted Image
It's starting to pop up after I click the logo.

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 25 April 2012 - 06:12 PM.

KuroMame

• kuromame user photo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:02 PM ( #11 )

Wow! I love the new logo! Excellent job, Graficks :)

-KuroMame

jcerana

• jcerana user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:38 AM ( #12 )

i like it so much :)

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:59 AM ( #13 )

Well...it doesn't exactly let me view my own profile without saying TamaTalk is offline...

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:43 AM ( #14 )

Well...it doesn't exactly let me view my own profile without saying TamaTalk is offline...

That sounds an awful lot like a browser issue. Try to cclear your browser's cache and try again.

Rainbow Dash

• rainbow-dash user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:00 AM ( #15 )

Today I found out that I couldn't log in! It came up with some sort of error message. So later I clicked Change theme and then Non TamaTalk and now I am logged in. It's a miracle! (sort of) I love the new logo. It looks like it's taken a lot of time and effort! Great!

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:07 AM ( #16 )

I have a feeling that those of you who are seeing strange errors and stuff are experiencing a problem relating to your browser's cache. Please clear your cache (look here if you don't know how) and then see if the errors pop up again for you.
  • Rainbow Dash likes this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:51 AM ( #17 )

Loving the new update, Admin! The new logo looks simply brilliant, too. Thanks for creating such a wonderful new way to represent the site, graficks! Enjoying the whole new atmosphere of the site; although not much has changed, what has is definitely making a difference! :)

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:40 AM ( #18 )

That sounds an awful lot like a browser issue. Try to cclear your browser's cache and try again.

I had to use Chrome to get onto my profile. Normal Internet Explorer (I think I use Internet Explorer 8) glitches the site in various ways, such as saying TamaTalk is offline every 5 minutes and not giving you permisson to access your own PMs, etc.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:42 AM ( #19 )

I love the new logo, but I'm having a problem with the different themes. I like to visit TT on my iPod Touch, but I prefer the full version instead of the mobile version... But since the new logo came, there is only a "Change Theme" button at the bottom of my iPod Touch's screen instead of a "Full Version" button. When I tap the "change theme" button on my iPod Touch, it does nothing because there are no different themes for the mobile version. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to still access the full version on my iPod Touch?

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:16 AM ( #20 )

Try the theme change from your iPod now...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, update