Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:00 PM ( #21 )

The "Full Version" button is back, and it works fine. :D Thanks!

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:43 PM ( #22 )

Just something I noticed; when clicking on the options menu when scrolled down the page, the preferences box appears at the bottom of the page, and some links are unreadable. It works fine when at the very top of the board, but other than that, it seems to be out of alignment. I've cleared my cache already, and that did not resolve the issue.

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:10 PM ( #23 )

i'm just wondering...before the update, you click sign in and a pop up appears, right? well, when you log in now, it opens a new page. is that something part of the update?

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:09 PM ( #24 )

Everything is in working order while on my ipad. Excellent job on the update and the logo, Admin and Graficks! :)

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:58 AM ( #25 )

It only lets me use four emoticons: :tarakotchi: :newmametchi: :babytchi: :hanatchi: That's all it gives me on the "Show All" menu too! Look at these which are supposed to turn into smileys:

:D :) ;) :o :P

They don't work! But :tarakotchi: :newmametchi: :babytchi: :hanatchi: do!

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:07 AM ( #26 )

Uh... The logo doesn't look like what it's supposed to... in the "Which logo do you prefer?" topic, the iD L screen showed the anime version of Mimitchi with a fancy green background, but now it still has the vintage version of Mimitchi with the plain green background... >8(

Rainbow Dash

• rainbow-dash user photo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:26 AM ( #27 )

Uh... The logo doesn't look like what it's supposed to... in the "Which logo do you prefer?" topic, the iD L screen showed the anime version of Mimitchi with a fancy green background, but now it still has the vintage version of Mimitchi with the plain green background... >8(

Same

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:01 AM ( #28 )

@Eternal Mametchi Fan: That image was only an original idea of what the logo might look like; not what the change would definitely be if the new logo was decided. Keep in mind that it wasn't an all-against-one vote, more than 30% of the site still preferred the old logo. As both Admin and graficks mentioned in that topic, they were working on a logo that combined both old and new, and would please everyone; which has led to the creation of the current logo (the updated text and the updated iD L Tamagotchi, with the classic Mimitchi), which I think they've done a very good job in enhancing the old logo, while holding onto the key elements and preserving the original logo through the Mimitchi. I wouldn't expect you to understand the importance and significance of this, as you only joined in January of this year, but many members have been on TamaTalk for several years, some as early as 2004. The classic Mimitchi with the green background is iconic, and it's how some recognize the site. In a way, it's a part of TamaTalk's history, and to simply replace it with the 'newer, cooler' anime version would detract from the site for some.

Edited by SamJJE101, 27 April 2012 - 05:58 PM.

• Admin likes this

dazzilitchigirl

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:47 AM ( #29 )

@Eternal Mametchi Fan: That image was only an original idea of what the logo might look like; not what the change would definitely be if the new logo was decided. Keep in mind that it wasn't an all-against-one vote, more than 30% of the site still preferred the old logo. As both Admin and graficks mentioned in that topic, they were working on a logo that combined both old and new, and would please everyone; which has led to the creation of the current logo (the updated text and the updated iD L Tamagotchi, with the classic Mimitchi), which I think they've done a very good job in enhancing the old logo, while holding onto the key elements and preserving the original logo through the Mimitchi. I wouldn't expect you to understand the importance and significance of this, as you only joined in in January of this year, but many members have been on TamaTalk for several years, some as early as 2004. The classic Mimitchi with the green background is iconic, and it's how some recognize the site. In a way, it's a part of TamaTalk's history, and to simply replace it with the 'newer, cooler' anime version would detract from the site for some.

I agree, Mimitchi is definitely iconic to the site for me. Whenever I think of TamaTalk, I think of Mimitchi...I don't think we should change her.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:46 AM ( #30 )

Oh, happy day! We can now see who the recipient of our profile comments are on our own profile pages. That helps. :) Just something cool I noticed after the update. Oh, and the "most liked content" link at the bottom of the home page is a nice touch too!

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:32 PM ( #31 )

Oh, happy day! We can now see who the recipient of our profile comments are on our own profile pages. That helps. :) Just something cool I noticed after the update. Oh, and the "most liked content" link at the bottom of the home page is a nice touch too!

Don't forget the 'Liked' tab on the profile page as well. Also, I believe the notifications will tell you when somebody liked one of your posts.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:03 PM ( #32 )

The photo of my tamagotchi collection on my "About me" profile page has suddenly stopped showing up.
Odd - I am sure it was visible earlier today... o_0

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:00 PM ( #33 )

The photo of my tamagotchi collection on my "About me" profile page has suddenly stopped showing up.

sometimes, the about me page is erased for no reason. i think hitting the back button or something has to do with it. rewrite the about me page, save it, then check in another tab to make sure it's there. ;)

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:36 PM ( #34 )

i see it just fine...

dazzilitchigirl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:54 AM ( #35 )

The emoticons still aren't working for me. :(

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:55 PM ( #36 )

Posted Image on tamachat the :D :o :( :) smileys dont work and are not on the list I would like to ask if you can add them to the list but not make it :D right away :D is also awesome not being a nodding memetchi

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:15 PM ( #37 )

Just to add, ;) isn't working either. :(

Miracle

• miracle user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:23 AM ( #38 )

Everything seems to be working well for me. I really like the new logo, too.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:31 AM ( #39 )

The only emoticons that work now are :tarakotchi: :newmametchi: :babytchi: :hanatchi:
Why...?

Please fix this. :(

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:08 PM ( #40 )

The new logo is awesome!
Another thing I noticed is that the font colour appears to be slightly different on the mobile site :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, update