Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

stroodochi

• stroodochi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:59 AM ( #1 )

With so many hard-core fans importing Tama's straight from Japan these days, have any of you been inspired to learn some Japanese ?

Computer games inspired me to learn some basic Japanese years back and I have recently imported a TMGC+C and am now trying to brush up on my Kana reading again :newmametchi:

Replies

Views

Started

29 Apr 2012

Last Post

06 Aug 2012

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:02 AM ( #2 )

Definitely! There was a time when I studied a book on Japanese and wrote out basic expressions 5,000 times and even made comics in Japanese! I know how to write a lot of their names, and I understand a teeny bit of the Tamagotchi anime. The main reason why I want to learn Japanese is to understand Japanese episodes and read what the Tamas say at the park on the iD L.

Jazzijk

• jazzijk user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:57 AM ( #3 )

tamagotchi hasn't inspired me, so to speak, but i have gotten farther along in my japanese studies due to tamagotchi.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:50 AM ( #4 )

Yes, I learnt a ton of symbols from my 15th iD L and my normal one. =)

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:32 AM ( #5 )

I was determined to learn hiragana because of my tamagotchi, but school has gotten in the way. :P I'm going to pick it up again in summer.

jcerana

• jcerana user photo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:39 AM ( #6 )

yes. when i got my entama and id but it was broken :( and only working is my entama.....

Edited by jcerana, 30 April 2012 - 02:41 AM.

Rainbow Dash

• rainbow-dash user photo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:25 AM ( #7 )

Absolutely! That's how I got interested in Japan, Japanese and anime! I learn Japanese now, and that's all thanks to Tamagotchi! :D

plnkpenguin

• plnkpenguin user photo

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:39 AM ( #8 )

Yeah! And I don't even import. I only know a tiny bit of Japanese, but I've kinda picked it up from Tama names and other Japanese franchise. For example, I know that 'Bakugan' means 'exploding sphere', so Bakutchi - who is shaped like a bomb - means something like 'exploding egg'. In the same way I've picked up Greek and Latin through dinosaur names and the scientific names of animals. I'll probably try to study Japanese at some point in my life - I doubt my school offers much, though.

Bubbles11

• bubbles11 user photo

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:22 PM ( #9 )

Yes! I memorized the names of the characters (at least in the first two versions of Connections) and for example, I figured out Ichigotchi was like "little strawberry" and I had a friend that called himself Ichigo. Also I figured out Nyorotchi, and then recently I was looking at a page about Poliwag (the pokemon) and its name in Japanese is "nyoromo" which is a combination of the Japanese onomatopoeia for a slithering sound (nyoronyoro) and the name for a child (kodomo.) I think Pokemon combined with Tamagotchi has really made me want to learn more Japanese.

purpurn

• purpurn user photo

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:18 PM ( #10 )

Well, I started to learn a bit about Japanese from a teacher I had in middle school years and years ago. My friend and I would practice talking with him occasionally and he would tell us about when he grew up there as a child and how different it is from the USA (he studied here when he was a student). I was out of the scene of all things Japan for while when I moved across the US probably because it's more in the central states and there weren't as many Asian immigrants or immigrant communities to visit. But I started to get more involved with Tamagotchi about 3 years ago and have since started to brush up on reading and writing. My vocab is still pretty small, but it is fun to learn new things :) I do miss going to the Japanese food stores and eating really good Japanese food in Boston though :<

-Purn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: japanese