What Version is this Tamagotchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TigiWigster

Reaction score
Hey, I'm addicting to buying Tama's and recently brought this one from good old Ebay:

KGrHqVHJC8E92k1L3BPlv5WVgBw60_12.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is a V2 or V1 Tamagotchi Connection. The seller didn't know, wondered if anyone recognized the color as belonging to a particular version. Thank you very much. :wub:

Looking at Bandai's official Japanese Tamagotchi site, I found THIS that may help you. From what I can see from the shell design, it's a Tamagotchi Plus, which is basically the Japanese version of the V1. I'm not sure if there were any English based Tamagotchis released with this design, perhaps there was an Australian/Asian Pacific release - that could be possible.

The 'Connection series' are the English versions of Tamagotchis ranging from V1-V6. The Japanese equivalents are branded much differently, some offer similar game-play, some are radically different.

Regardless, enjoy your new Tamagotchi! :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
*edit - my bad - I thought it was the same as another tama I had seen on the TT forums but I was wrong *

It looks like either a V1 or a V2 - but as graficks has mentioned it may have come from the Asia Pacific region where different shell designs were released.

If you have received it from the seller and you've started it up then you'll be able to tell from the options.

What is the food menu like? (Meal / Snack on V1 or Meal / Snack / Treat on V2)

Is there a shop? (V2 only - not on the V1)

I have to mention that it does look like a V2 shell that was released:

https://kuchipatchi.t...chigym/id1.html

Scroll down the list and look at the "Other Colours" for V2 - see the "Milky White with hearts"? - same design as yours but different colour.- also no "Tamagotchi Connection" across the top of your one - which also makes me think it might well be Asia/Pacific or Japan.

Also if you look at this page showing the Japanese Tamagotchi Plus (like the V1) you will see a similar shell design - listed in the second wave designs - but in White: https://www.bladesplace.id.au/bladeagotchi/tamplus-colours.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much! Info was really helpful!

Yeah, i knew it was either v1 or v2, i haven't received it yet, ahaha i'm to impatient to wait and see what version it is. I already have V1, so was hoping it was a V2, but it is a Japanese version so as you say the settings and all that will be different.

One other point I noticed: North American Tamagotchis have a heavy chain with a large key ring on the end. Those from other regions have a ball chain, as appears in the photo of yours.

I am going to final guess that it is a Version 2, Milky Blue as the others have posted.

The only real question at this point is whether you have ordered a Japanese or English verison.

The number order in the picture looks closer to 10/13 than 15/12... (There is a slight glare so I honestly cannot tell)

If the month is first, I think that means its English.

I suppose, let us know when you finally have it in your hands?

Also if it does happen to be japanese can you explain some of the "different" controls in your post?

~Phnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back