Star Wars - May 4th be with you

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaMum

Reaction score
Seeing as today is May 4th - Star Wars day - Anyone a fan?

Favorite quotes? Favourite characters? Favorite scenes?

My favorite scenes are mostly from the first film made - now called Episode IV - A New Hope - I still love watching the bar scene where Luke & Obi Wan go into the cantina to hire a ship and meet Han Solo and Chewie.

Favorite quote = "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."

Not to bore you with that bar scene - but I found an amusing "spoof" of the scene made by adidas using notable sports and music personalities - it was a commercial made for FIFA 2010:

Not sure if that link worked so I'll just link you to the video posted in our TamaTube forum: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/videos/view-252-star-wars-spoof-adidas-sports/

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they make the others. Great movies. I'm not sure what one is my favorite.... I love Yoda. Backwards speak must he... Lol sounds funny.

I remember growing up watching the series on VHS (can't believe I'm saying that - I'm dating myself!). My favourite movie out of the series, including the prequels, would have to be The Empire Strikes Back. I absolutely love how many different settings they throw into this movie - and all of them are so extreme. Cloud City, Yoda's Dagobah, hiding on an asteroid, the snowy Rebel Base - so amazing.

Also, the character development is just astonishing. You really get a sense of how large and powerful the Galactic Empire is! With Han, Leia, and the rest of the gang being chased around space, it's just such a classic story of the underdog good guys up against the powerful, evil regime of the bad dudes. My favourite character by far is C-3PO - what an astonishing piece of work that character is. A timid, flamboyant, gold robot! Not sure how they pulled that one with the studio, but his personality totally works.

Don't even get me started on the Walkers - they're just so huge. And powerful. And I want to ride in one.

The movie is action-packed and never stops. It's a lot of fun and not too serious. I really felt like I was taken on a journey with this movie, much like Avatar. The music, the costumes, the special effects (for the time) are/were pretty amazing. Not other movie can touch it!

0.o

My favorite line is when the princess calls the big hairy thing a walking carpet! XD I can't remember the characters' names though. -_-

For some reason I also like it when Darth Vader says,

I AM YOUR FATHER.

I don't like Star Wars, but I don't dislike it either. My brother loves it though. All I like about it is the Lego Star Wars Xbox game. All I like about the Xbox game is that my brother bought this in-game thermal detonator thing, and the upshot is that you just have to press a button to make your character throw it and it explodes. My speciality on his Star Wars game is blowing up the cantina thing with his thermal detonators, LOL.

I can't believe there are not much Star Wars fans in this board --- oops, my age is showing!

I'm also a big fan of the series. My favourite movie was the last one, Return of the Jedi and my favourite scene was Darth Vader's parting words...

"Just for once, let me look on you with my own eyes.", and then finally, "You were right...you were right about me."

My favourite characters are of course Darth Vader himself, Luke Skywalker, Padme Amidala, R2-D2 and Darth Maul (I even cosplayed as him last weekend at a local convention!). ;)

I don't like Star Wars, but I don't dislike it either. My brother loves it though. All I like about it is the Lego Star Wars Xbox game. All I like about the Xbox game is that my brother bought this in-game thermal detonator thing, and the upshot is that you just have to press a button to make your character throw it and it explodes. My speciality on his Star Wars game is blowing up the cantina thing with his thermal detonators, LOL.
Detonaters! I love being the bounty hunters(especially Jango Fett).

~

Not really a fan of the stuff, but I enjoy Star Wars now and then.

Heck, Star Wars was my childhood. XD

My favorite movie is probably the Phantom Menace. The Podrace was my favorite part(also while I was watching it, my cousin spotted Aurra Sing. Thought that was kinda interesting).

I still need to watch Revenge of the Sith.

I watch the Clone Wars with my brother now and then.

Favorite characters are R2(lol), Mace Windu, General Grievous, Plo Koon, and Jango Fett.

Geonosians creep me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back