How to keep the iD series' screens in good condition?!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi! I made this topic because I'm soon getting a 15th anni. iD L and I NEED to keep it in good condition. However, all my Tamas so far, particularly my iD Ls and iD L Princess Spacy, have fallen to screen damage. My first iD L's screen is beyond terrible, I can barely see the screen, and my second iD L has about ten scratches. My Princess Spacy is in some ways the worst, although it is not yet two months old - half the screen is lighter than the other half and it has two major scratches. How do I keep the screens in good condition? Please help! :(

Just hold it by the sides or in this case, the shell. The motif would eventually scratch and fade away if you held it by the faceplate's top part, or the screen sometimes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention to get a pouch or case for them, or make one for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know those clear iPod or iPhone covers? Get a cheap one (as in price) and cut it to fit your iD L screen. Put that on your screen, smoothing all air bubbles out. Do the same with the "15" at the top of the 15th Anniversary.

With the silver, the best idea is to use a small brush and paint over it very carefully with clear nail polish.

Like Orandatchi said, it'd be best to get a case or a pouch for it. However, I highly recommend using a pouch, because the covers tend to slip off when you hold them a certain way and your iD L will fall. (unfortunately, I know this from experience) I also recommend not putting your iD L in hoodie or pants pockets, because they will fall that way also. Don't walk around holding it in your hand, use a pouch or something. That's all the protection tips I can remember at the moment. ^_^ " Honestly, the best way to protect it is to not take it around with you, because there is a very low chance of scratching and such if you do so.

Just hold it by the sides or in this case, the shell. The motif would eventually scratch and fade away if you held it by the faceplate's top part, or the screen sometimes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention to get a pouch or case for them, or make one for them.
I always hold it by the shell so as to cause the least damage to the screen or design. ;)

You know those clear iPod or iPhone covers? Get a cheap one (as in price) and cut it to fit your iD L screen. Put that on your screen, smoothing all air bubbles out. Do the same with the "15" at the top of the 15th Anniversary.

With the silver, the best idea is to use a small brush and paint over it very carefully with clear nail polish.

Like Orandatchi said, it'd be best to get a case or a pouch for it. However, I highly recommend using a pouch, because the covers tend to slip off when you hold them a certain way and your iD L will fall. (unfortunately, I know this from experience) I also recommend not putting your iD L in hoodie or pants pockets, because they will fall that way also. Don't walk around holding it in your hand, use a pouch or something. That's all the protection tips I can remember at the moment.
happy.gif
" Honestly, the best way to protect it is to not take it around with you, because there is a very low chance of scratching and such if you do so.
I don't think they sell phone covers in our country, and the silver doesn't rub off anyway. I do always use a pouch - I have a very nice Tama pouch, it's not too big and not too small and all else I ever put in there is my Mametchi plush. Once, I put my Princess Spacy in my pouch, and when I took it out there was a huge scratch...I don't understand how that happened...thanks for the tips though. :)

I always hold it by the shell so as to cause the least damage to the screen or design. ;)

I don't think they sell phone covers in our country, and the silver doesn't rub off anyway. I do always use a pouch - I have a very nice Tama pouch, it's not too big and not too small and all else I ever put in there is my Mametchi plush. Once, I put my Princess Spacy in my pouch, and when I took it out there was a huge scratch...I don't understand how that happened...thanks for the tips though. :)
Use a fabric pouch, not a leather one or a plastic one. Also, it could have been bumped around with other things in there, such as the plastic surrounding it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what Blue said, I have both an iD and iD-L, I've had screen protectors on them since I opened their packages for the first time, not a scratch on either, and my iD-L is with me all the time.

Usually, when I have my iD-L with me, I carry a purse, and put my Tama in a camera case, inside the purse. (The only things I put in it besides my Tama are my iPod, phone, and wallet, all in sepreate pockets inside.) The camera case I have is square, and fabric, it closes with a zipper, but it has a hard "shell" built in on the top. The inside is soft though, It's perfect for colors as if you drop the case with the Tama in it, you don't have to worry about it as much, because it absorbs most of the shock. :)

I also have random containers for my Tamas when they're sitting on my desk or something. One of them is a plastic, purple, mini half cracked egg bowl, that fits my iD-L perfectly. (And It's funny too cause' Tamago means egg ha ha! :) ) It makes me feel a little bit better, if I have water, or juice in a glass nearby, that my Tama won't get soaking wet, as it's protected by being in the bowl. A Tupperware, Ziploc or anyother kind of plastic container would do the same thing. :)

Well, I bought a camera case like the one you described (kuromametchifan123), but I couldn't find any clear plastic iPod covers or anything. I'll just have to keep it in the camera case and see how it goes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back