Strange V3 food?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

Reaction score
Well, I was bored one day, and was going through my V3's menus. I went to the "Presents" part of the book icon, and went to "Food". There was a ball in the "Food" menu. After I went to the "Food" menu, my screen froze. :/

Also, the ball shows up as a food in...snacks, I think.

DSCN0435.jpg

It looks like this:

DSCN0436.jpg

Does anyone know why the ball shows up as a food and freezes my screen?

The dreaded ball glitch...

There's a certain glitch which makes lots of your food and items turn into balls. I don't remember if there's a "cure" for it, but I wouldn't say so... I'm sorry. :(

:( umm I don't think there is a cure for that T.T I'm so sorry. My guess what be one of these three things.

(A. First unscrew everything open up the tamagotchi its getting surgery. Open it up and wipe all the inside off. clear the dust out. Be very gentle. This most likely won't help, but it might.

(B.Resset it. you have probably already done this but this is the least invasive way and it might help. Try this befor.e you try the next one. Another thing is actually restart the thing I know it might not be happy to do this but it might help. If it happens again on this tama. then move on to the next step.Its also the least invasive and has the best chance of working.

(C. Debug it. I would NEVER recommend this unless you absolutely have to.

To be honest I have never had this glitch, and I don't know if it will help, but its worth a try it might actually save you tama.

EDIT:

Change the battery the fake ones cause issues.

Edit:

Also I have read that the only way to get rid of them was to completely reset it(Like I recommended)I have also read there is no cure for it. Finally the last thing I read was that someone just ate them and they disapeared lol. I read that someone just gave them to his friends half of the friends he gave them too got the glitch. I suppise it depends on the severity. Certain people wrap them and give the glitch to there friends . Certain people start over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bandai said that ball glitch can occur if your current Tamagotchi character consumes a food that was left over from a previous generation. (Moral of the story: don't eat old leftovers.) According to Bandai you can fix it by deleting all the balls you find in your food menu, however I've had the ball glitch and that didn't work for me. The only way I got rid of it was to press the reset button on the back, then from the download/reset menu select reset. Note: this will delete your current character, inventory, friends list, history, etc. - your Tamagotchi will return to "factory new" condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very interesting eating animation; it looks like the food has a V1 sprite.

I had the ball glitch on V4, but the balls were only present in the 'present' menu. I recommend not buying 10 items of food then deleting them all. It doesn't do anything except for taking away your ability to buy food, and sometimes it deletes some of your 'permanent' food.

This happened to me! I had bought a ball actually, and my leftover food turned into it, and I couldn't find the ball in my items list. But it didn't freeze my screen, so my character ate it and it looked like a little rice bowl.

Bandai said that ball glitch can occur if your current Tamagotchi character consumes a food that was left over from a previous generation. (Moral of the story: don't eat old leftovers.) According to Bandai you can fix it by deleting all the balls you find in your food menu, however I've had the ball glitch and that didn't work for me. The only way I got rid of it was to press the reset button on the back, then from the download/reset menu select reset. Note: this will delete your current character, inventory, friends list, history, etc. - your Tamagotchi will return to "factory new" condition.
really? :eek: sounds scary , will it happen to tama-gos too? pls reply ty im scared

really? :eek: sounds scary , will it happen to tama-gos too? pls reply ty im scared
I've heard of it occuring on V2 and V3. I've seen it on my V4. I'm not sure whether it occurs on V4.5. I've never heard of anyone seeing it on V5 (Familitichi), MusicStar, or Tama-Go.

Alright I tested tama-go by feeding previous gen food/snacks and nothing went wrong for my tama-go

That's weird. I've never had that in all the years I played with my old V4. Maybe Bandai was just getting rid of it then?

I remember getting that glitch on my brand-new V4, several years ago. But not only did items turn into balls, but tons of random things showed up in my present list. I think they were on my foods and items menus too, and I remember seeing a Japan ticket and an apple (are apples even obtainable on V4?) in my items list. I saw items in my foods list and couldn't buy anything new. My Tamagotchi was on first generation so I don't know what caused the glitch; it just happened. (unless I connected with someone who had the glitch, I don't know if I might have)

I eventually had to reset it and abandon Sandy the Young Dorotchi. I still have that V4.

kuchipatchi.is.blue55 you're lucky, and I congratulate you for getting rid of the glitch. :D

Maybe the severity of the glitch has to do with the version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back