New To Atlantis

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesyNoodleTama

Reaction score
The lost city of Atlantis has been discovered at last. Over the years, the people of the world have been moving there because of pollution problems. There are some people who have not let left. Our story focuses on these few people and their journey to a new society and world.

Well here is a roleplay! The intro was kinda dramatic, don't ya think? Well anyway, welcome to this role play! Hopefully we will be able to keep it alive! I would like to thank kuchipatchi.is.blue55 for giving me the idea to put this in Atlantis. I don't really have any rules, except that I would like this to be a fairly active rp. I am fine if you miss a day or too, it happens to me sometimes, but if it's like a week or something... not so much.

I will use my character's profile as an example for the profiles:

Name: Serena Iyons

Appearance: Shoulder-length black hair, deep green eyes, about average height

Personality: Is usually shy and quiet, but around her friends is funny and can be loud. She isn't very good at sports, but loves to read and write and is pretty smart.

Anything Else: nope

There you have it. Hope you will join it and have fun!!! :D

Name: Alyssa Tabot

Appearance: Short, blonde hair and small brown eyes. Tall and slightly overweight.

Personality: Alyssa is loud and outgoing. She has a tendency to say what's on her mind without thinking, so she accidentally offends people or makes a fool out of herself often. However, she makes friends easily and is loyal, so she has a few friends at school.

Anything Else: Alyssa always wears earrings that her mother gave her. They are in the shape of butterflies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Jason Aloe

Appearance: Around six feet tall and a bit lanky. Has hazel eyes and longish blonde-brown hair.

Personality: Doesn't talk a whole lot, and a follower in his actions in that he pretty much just goes with the flow. He's very loyal and trusting as a friend. Not the most intelligent of people, but he often thinks quite deeply about things. This makes him prone to being a bit distant at times.

Anything else: Not quite yet.

Accepted accepted! Thanks for joining! I want to give others a chance to sign up so how about we start... tomorrow. Thanks again! :D

(Time to start! Anybody who wants to join can still join at anytime.)

Serena walked into her now empty room.

I can't believe this is the last time I'll be seeing this, she thought.

Glancing around one last time at the pale green walls, she then bent down and picked up her suitcase and smaller backpack.

Well, this is it.

Serena had been against the idea ever since it had started. She believed that if everyone worked together, they could get the world back into shape again. But no, everyone wanted something new. Her parents and older sister, Trista, had already gone. Even though they had tried as hard as they could to convince her, Serena had been determined to stay as long as she could. But alas, the world had been too careless and now it was extremely hard to even breathe.

Serena walked outside and stared at the abandoned landscape once more. Trash was everywhere, covering the ground in deep piles. The ground was grass-less, no life to be found. The sky was smoky, the clouds a hazy black. Serena turned to the last tree. Even it was slowly dying.

Fighting back tears, she started walking, keeping her eyes on the rough, dusty ground. Suddenly two figures caught her attention.

Alyssa couldn't believe it. Her dad wanted her family to pack up and move to Atlantis, leaving their house, friends, and families in this dump of an Earth. To go where? Atlantis', a place she only had heard of in storybooks. But it seemed that the government had found the mysterious underground place, full of wonder. Lots of people were there now, it was their only chance of survival.

Alyssa laughed bitterly. That many people living in beautiful, clear Atlantis? Soon it would become a mess, just like the Earth. That was what the people did; make a mess and move on. Soon it would go on to going to the moon, and that too would become a black, dusty pile of garbage. Her pale, flawless moon would be ruined forever.

Alyssa sighed. There wasn't point in dwelling on it. It was time to go down in the elevator. Down, down into the deep abyss of the sea, to where fish swam in crystalline, cerulean water that was about to become black and murky, where however much you rubbed your eyes, you still couldn't see your path ahead.

She walked over to a clear white building, about the only one still standing. She entered through the sliding glass doors. Here she was, entering the portal to Atlantis.

It's too late to turn back now.

Looking around the blank white room, her eyes fell upon the only colored thing in the building, a set of aqua colored benches. These were the waiting benches for the elevator, which Serena remembered always being full on the flashing news reports, now empty except for one person. Walking closer, the figure became clear.

"Hey, Alyssa!" Serena called.

Alyssa looked up at the sound of her name. Oh, it's that girl, the one who gets all the answers right at school. What was her name again? Sabrina? Alyssa wasn't very good in school. Her marks were usually average or just below average. Naturally, it only gave her dad another excuse to nag, nag, nag her. Fun.

When Serena sat down next to her, Alyssa thought for a split second about giving her the cold shoulder, or just not talking. It wasn't possible.

"Hi, you look familiar, I'm Alyssa. Are you going to Atlantis too? Well, duh, we're waiting for the elevator. Hey, do you think there'll be dolphins and fish and mermaids down there?" Alyssa gabbled. She wasn't sure about the existence of even fish anymore, because the waters were so polluted.

Aloe stood waiting for the elevators where there were a couple others, two teen girls who had just struck up a conversation. They seemed to know each other. He didn't know many people himself. He stared at the elevator. He was glad that he'd come at this time rather than earlier with the excited (or just scared) masses. Big crowds like that were something that shied him off from coming sooner, in addition to his unconscious fear of change. But when he'd found that there was little food, drinkable water, or air at quick access to him, the thought made itself registered in him that it was time to move on.

Aloe looked around. There were a couple of blue benches in the room. The walls were painted in a kind of ocean-theme, as a promise of the under-water paradise that those who had come earlier were able to look forward to. Foreshadowing. But then the benches were just blue. Plain blue. Plain... blue. As a symbol of... simpler things? Of course. The obvious yet subtle reminder that people now had to look at and appreciate things one taken for granted, simple things like food or water or air. Symbolism.

This was something he tended to do, find symbolism or foreshadowing or things of the like in the everyday world. When he'd been in school, he'd always been fascinated by his English class, all the neat things he'd learn. Symbolism, Allegory, Foreshadowing, Onomatopoeia, and so on. He'd always had a pretty terrible grade in English, though. Irony.

"I hope so," Serena replied. "Though I'm not so sure about the mermaids. But if it's as magical as it's supposed to be..." she trailed off.

"Anyway, I wonder if it's going to be the same as Earth life. Are we gonna have to wear air helmets all the time or something?" she laughed.

Serena had always liked Alyssa, but had been too shy to try to make an approach to be friends. She was always nice and friendly.

Maybe this is my chance, she thought.

Alyssa was intrigued. She remembered this girl now, Serena. During school, while Alyssa talked to her gaggle of friends during break, Serena would sit by herself, staring off into space or reading a book, completely lost in the author's words. Nobody seemed to notice Serena at all, everyone but Alyssa. Alyssa thought about saying hi, but her other friends' words and worries would distract her.

Her other friends. They were in Atlantis right now, probably waiting for her or finding someone else to fill the little hole in their group, the latter more likely. She had always been told they were flaky girls, girls who replaced each other as quickly as Alyssa could say "Bye".

She decided she would give Serena a chance. Maybe when Atlantis was polluted, they could survive together.

"Maybe we will have helmets, seeing as it's underwater," Alyssa replied. "Though I think the government would've probably thought of something new."

As she was saying this, she saw a teenage boy standing near the elevators, deep in thought. She wanted to call out to him, but she forgot his name, like always. What was it? Jared? John?

"Yeah, probably, with all that new-fangled technology we have these days," Serena said.

This is going great! thought Serena. She had actually been able to make a conversation, something that didn't happen very often because no one ever approached her.

She then turned in the direction of Alyssa's gaze.

"Hey, isn't that... uh.. Jason over there?" she asked.

Breaking out of deep thought at hearing his name spoken, Jason turned toward the two girls. "Oh. Um. Hi.", he gave an awkward little wave, "Jason, yeah."

Aloe wasn't much good at small talk, so he didn't know much else of what to say. He wasn't an exceptionally social person, part of the reason he was always so buried in his thoughts.

"Guess you guys decided to wait a bit before coming too?"

Alyssa nodded. Jason. That was his name. "Yeah, we decided to wait too," she replied. Then she nudged Serena to say something, because she was still and stony-faced.

"Um, yeah," Serena said, and attempted a smile.

She suddenly jerked her head up as there was a slow sliding noise. The elevator doors slid open to reveal a blue-green interior. Inside stood a tall man dressed in a red and white uniform, presumably the operator. He beckoned to them.

Serena glanced at the others at picked up her bags.

Jason started to say something in response, but the sudden movement of the doors stopped him. Probably for the better anyway.

He clutched his lunchbox-sized bag, walked toward the elevator and shuffled inside to the back corner.

She stepped inside nervously.

I guess there's no turning back now, she thought, then beckoned to Alyssa to join them.

Alyssa looked around the room, and breathed in, trying to memorize the scent of the air on land. All she smelled was dirt and pollution. Yuck.

She grabbed her large bag, looked around the room one more time, and followed Serena and Jason into the elevator.

Once everyone had assembled themselves in the cramped space, the doors slid closed.

"Going down," said the operator, and he pressed a button with an obvious down arrow on it.

He didn't have to say that, thought Serena. Isn't that the only place to go? In fact-

She never finished that thought. All of the sudden the elevator gave a jerk and started to move slowly downward. It started to pick up speed. Serena felt as if she was down but her stomach was way up in the clouds. Faster and faster the three sped down, down to their new world. After what seemed like forever, the elevator slowed and stopped with a jerk that threw everyone backwards into the metal wall except for the operator. He seemed to be used to this.

Serena winced and rubbed her back where she had been slammed into the wall.

Ugh, I'm going to have a a big bruise in the morning.

The doors slid open for all to see their new surroundings.

Alyssa blinked. The first colour that hit her eyes was blue. All different shades: cerulean, teal, navy, and sky. Not that Alyssa had ever seen sky blue.

There were people everywhere, laughing and talking. They looked clean and happy, and there were bright, bubble like buildings everywhere. People didn't need helmets; visible ones, anyway. As Alyssa watched, a man came and handed them invisible helmets that resembled bubbles. Alyssa pulled hers over her head.

Then, they led them to a table, where there was a checklist. A woman with her brown hair pulled tightly into a bun held a pen, poised above the page.

"Names?" she asked.

"Uh..Alyssa Tabot," Alyssa said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back