My iD L isn't turning on!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

Reaction score
This morning, I bent down to get something and my iD L fell out of my pocket. It fell onto tile. When I hit the buttons to turn it on, it didn't turn on. I have tried everything, and LITERALLY, everything: resetting, changing the batteries, even taking my poor iD L apart to try and see what the problem is. What is happening???

I think when it fell on the tile flooring, it could have made the circuits in the iD-L stop working. I'm sorry to say this, but......you're gonna have to get a new iD-L.

I think I've found the problem: a yellow wire at the end of the battery end is disconnected. How can I connect it again?

Also, there's a black knob covered in glue or something that's a bit broken off the circuit board. :/

I second that request. Photos of the damage would be quite helpful.

Went on a picture taking frenzy. :U

I got my dad to look at it and he says it's probably not the knob or the wire, since all of the wires are soldered in place. :/ He wants to see if the power is actually getting to the iD L, and then go from there, and to take the circuit board off to see if anything's wrong there.

To me, there isn't much visible damage as to what I've seen, all wires are in place. My only problems are 1) the knob, which bothers me, and 2) some odd marks and scuffs on the large black rectangle on the circuit board. Other than that, it seems normal to me.

IMG_0002-11.jpg
DSCN0006.jpg

DSCN0009-1.jpg
DSCN0012-2.jpg

These two are my problems: I know the one on the left isn't very clear, but the large black knob? It's partially broken off. Also, unlike a normal chip, this one seems to have a mark resembling "3" and some scuffs.

DSCN0014-3.jpg
DSCN0015-3.jpg

DSCN0017-4.jpg
DSCN0018-1.jpg

DSCN0019-2.jpg
DSCN0023-2.jpg

DSCN0025-1.jpg
DSCN0007-1.jpg

The odd yellow stuff is probably wax that is used to keep certain parts in place.

So...anything out of the ordinary?

Oh my... I tried to take my iD L apart but it wouldn't come apart, even after I undid the screws. So perhaps someone could very carefully take apart their iD L to see what's different about it from your iD L's inside.

This is tragic... I hope you find a solution. I somehow flung my iD L across the room and it landed on the wooden floor, but it still worked perfectly... I guess I'm lucky. O.O

Good luck!

It looks the same as mine.

The yellow stuff is contact cement. It acts as a strain relief, preventing the solder joints from breaking from everyday bumps and jolts.

The markings on the chip are probably to indicate which version firmware has been installed, or that the board has passed certain quality control tests.

I think that it maybe broken. However it's always worth trying to do a Rom test and seeing of it boots up. I'm sure you know what a Tom test is and how to do it. Google it and follow the instructions and then go from there.

I think that it maybe broken. However it's always worth trying to do a Rom test and seeing of it boots up. I'm sure you know what a Tom test is and how to do it. Google it and follow the instructions and then go from there.
I did a ROM test and it still didn't work. :/

2lms1nr.jpg

If I had it... I would be cleaning the stuff in the red boxes. To me, it looks like something is there... not the yellow glue stuff. Q-Tips, Tooth-pick, and gentle work. Carefully rub that stuff off... I had some stuff in a tamagotchi I bought on ebay. It fixed it right up to working condition. Except, I knew what the stuff was... unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back