Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tamaloveridl15436

• tamaloveridl15436 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:36 PM ( #201 )

I'm very pi**ed off that they are doing this! I'm a guy and i LOVE tamagotchis and if i saw someone wearing something of tamagotchi brand i would ask them what did tamagotchi start as. and if they didnt know i would punch them in the face!!!!! :angry: I'm 13 and people think im weird because i still play with tamagotchis. i just give them a nasty glare!!!!!!! BUT NOW THEY ARE COMPLETELY DESTROYING THE MAIN PURPOSE OF TAMAGOTCHI!!!!!!!! THE VIRTUAL PET NEEDS TO LIVE ON :D !!!!!!!! We should start a rebellion :D !!!!!!!! lol that would be funny if we actually did. And i think instead of clothing they make more pets!!!!!!! AND JAPAN SHOULD LET USA AND OTHER COUNTRIES IN ON IT SO WE DONT HAVE TO PAY 60 DOLLARS JUST FOR A TAMAGOTCH :angry: I!!!!! WE NEED RESONABLE PRICES :angry: !!!!!!!!!!! Lol sorry people got a little fired up there! :D

Iceland <3

• iceland-<3 user photo

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:39 PM ( #202 )

Tamagotchi L.I.E
  • chrispilot2293, TicTax, CherubHorse and 6 others like this

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:45 AM ( #203 )

In regards to the target group (that being adult women) I don't think it will stop the support from younger and/or male Tamagotchi lovers. The Tamagotchi line as a whole has been becoming more feminine recently but that does not mean us boys are not allowed to stay by its side. :blink:

And Japan should let the USA and other countries in on it so we don't have to pay $60 just for a Tamagotchi; we need reasonable prices! :angry:

We are currently not aware on how much these products will cost. We will find out soon though!

brunotchi

• brunotchi user photo

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:28 AM ( #204 )

We have been asking for old tama charecters to come back right so atleast we got some cloths line

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:27 AM ( #205 )

Wow. I'm really surprised how many people are being so negative about this. :o Even though I'm disappointed that a new Tama wasn't mentioned, there's always the potential for one? And also, don't go judging the 20-29 year old women age group and them liking or not liking Tamagotchis. (especially if you aren't a 20-29 year old woman -_- ) I fall dead center in that category. I'm a 26 year old girl with money to spend and loves vintage Tamagotchis. :)

Over the years I've seen the downward spiral the Tamagotchi brand has made and I for one am excited for Tamagotchi Life. This will hopefully reignite the life and love for Tamagotchis in the US and around the world. Bandai launching a lifestyle product line is actually pretty smart of them. Bandai America probably wants to see where this goes before making another toy, since the last one bombed. Because launching another toy too soon can be risky. To Bandai, Tamagotchi Life is less of a risk. The age range is wider and young adults are big spenders. Also, the 20-29 year age range is just a guideline not set in stone. Who knows, Teenagers and 30 year olds may like the brand too? ;) Hopefully there will be a popularity boom for Tamagotchis again and this time with a larger target audience. B)

I can't wait to wear cute Tamagotchi t-shirts and buy the home and beauty products. :D :D :D
  • joshnemo, Famous Last Words.x and TamaDash like this

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:27 PM ( #206 )

Just remember, this is the "Licensing International Expo" ... not "Toy Fair".
  • Asiangotchi, Purimatchi! and The Ultimate Doomer like this

ShiningLion

• shininglion user photo

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:38 AM ( #207 )

And also, don't go judging the 20-29 year old women age group and them liking or not liking Tamagotchis. (especially if you aren't a 20-29 year old woman -_- ) I fall dead center in that category. I'm a 26 year old girl with money to spend and loves vintage Tamagotchis. :)

I can't wait to wear cute Tamagotchi t-shirts and buy the home and beauty products. :D :D :D

Just because you fall in the demographic doesn't make you any more or less suited to speak for the rest of the demographic. Sure, you are a 26 year old woman who loves to spend money on Tamagotchis, but you're also a member of a Tamagotchi forum and have a steady interest in it. When I talk about "most women in that age" not caring about Tamagotchi brand items, I am talking about the vast majority of girls in this age group that aren't on Tamagotchi forums, or aren't spending their money and time buying and raising vintage Tamagotchis, who have likely forgotten it exists and don't feel anything is particularly missing from their life without it. Anyone can make an observation and chip in their opinions on something like this. I have a female friend in the same age group who loves Tamagotchi but is not at all interested in the new product line. I am not basing my argument on that though, I just honestly do not feel this will hit big with that age group. I really don't. There are a lot bigger fascinations for most women of that age, and Tamagotchi is not a common one. It is a niche market.

Also, that's all the more reason why you'd surprised at other people's negative reactions. You fall in the demographic. The products will probably appeal to you because they are targeted at you, so naturally you're excited. There likely will not be any apparel for males in this product line, and I'd venture to say that 99.99 percent of males will not be interested in Tamagotchi makeups. Maybe they'll like some of the bath products, and maybe they'll be interested if they make little novelties like keychains, and maybe the app too, depending on just how targeted at the 20-29 female demographic it is... I just think it's perfectly obvious why a lot of people are disappointed, especially guys in this case. There aren't going to be as many products that guys will want to buy from this line, and to be honest, I don't think I'm the only one here who could care less about Tamagotchi novelties. Some of us just want a new virtual pet toy. I might find myself liking some of these new items, but I'm not sure how much I'll be willing to spend money on them. I'd rather spend my money on another Tamagotchi, even if I have to buy an old one or a foreign one off eBay. I don't think I have enough enthusiasm for the franchise as a whole to buy a lot of extra merchandise aside from the virtual pets. Perhaps if they were releasing an updated version, I would be more enthusiastic and excited to by Tamagotchi lifetsyle products, but I don't see the point in getting enthused over a franchise that will likely be a dead end for me soon.

I hope everyone who is excited about this product line enjoys it, but I honestly don't think it's going to re-kindle the franchise and get them making more actual Tamagotchis. That's just my prediction. If you look at current market trends and what's popular it's a lot more likely they'll continue the series as phone apps or video games rather than invest in another tamagotchi handheld device. The last two versions weren't all that successful in the US. I think the franchise is going to evolve into something different than it originally was. I have to say though, I think they are making a huge mistake, because as many have said on this forum, a huge chunk of the people interested in Tamagotchi are children and teenagers. It is a product line that has always been targeted specifically at that age group, and only as the product has aged (along with the original target group) did they begin to consider addressing the needs of older customers. They'd do better to realize that children and teens usually don't have smart phones, and a lot of adults don't, and most people in the original Tamagotchi age demographic would probably still be excited for a traditional Tamagotchi if it was stand-alone, and updated with color and backlight. Kids are raised on some pretty impressive video game graphics these days. The least they could do to make the line more successful would be to put a color backlit screen on there, not some archaic looking black LCD that is mostly only seen on sports watches these days. When tamagotchi first arrived, it was pretty cutting edge technology. Back then, even Gameboys still had a black and white, non lit screen. The problem is Tamagotchi needs to update their technology and get with the times. Black LCDs are hard to view without a lot of hard light and are really just obsolete. There are plenty of small electronic handheld games and toys at toy stores still, and while I think the adult market is more interested in cell phones and console video games, I don't think this is necessarily true of children and many teens, who are the ones Tamagotchi was created for in the first place. If only Bandai would give them a more attractive Tamagotchi device, ALONG with a lifestyle product line, I'm sure they could breathe new life into the franchise. I don't see it happening without both of those conditions met at the same time.

Tamagotchi L.I.E, I like that. Haha.

Edited by ShiningLion, 17 June 2012 - 02:01 AM.

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:01 AM ( #208 )

I get that I'm only one girl out of millions in the 20-29 year old age group and that my opinion doesn't count for all of them. I know it's a matter of opinion. Half of those girls might not know what Tamagotchi's are, but they could still end up buying the products if they find them interesting, stylish and cute. I know guys weren't considered into the equation, but most 20-29 year old guys might not be interested in Tamagotchi's either. I could see them making more masculine looking t-shirt designs and furniture options for the guys though.

Maybe people should be somewhat grateful that Bandai America hasn't let the Tamagotchi brand die. At least they're trying to do something to stir up interest again. Would everyone be happy if they didn't produce another Tamagotchi product ever again? Tamagotchi L.I.F.E may lead to good things. You never know. I'm just gonna take what I can get at this point. :)
  • Pantheratchi, Purimatchi! and Princess Lovelitchi like this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:58 PM ( #209 )

WHOOOOH joshnemo GUYS STICKIN TOGETHER WHOOO!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • joshnemo likes this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:08 AM ( #210 )

I'm mad at this topic again! Why can't tamagotchi L.I.F.E make something for guys! i mean we are a small part of the contributing people! They should make guy tamagotchi t shirts in like rock and roll style or anything like that. Because honestly if this comes out and these things r only for women i'm going ti make my mom or dad buy it as a gag gift! I have a new idea for bandai to make for it's new tamagotchi if its coming out. The should call it tamagotchi rainbow! as in you can chnge the color of the pixels with the gotchi points you get and when you take extra good care of 10 or 15 generations you should get a rainbow pixel screen!! And it should have some characters from the idl. That's a product i would happily pay 30 dollars for.
  • CheesyNoodleTama likes this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:11 AM ( #211 )

Keep in mind... The clip wasn't very long at all. They usually don't get all the time they need to say what they want. Just a quick blip.... Its not the toy fair.... Its only the lisencing fair. Gotta have a lisence to produce and sell...
As I said earlier, hold your pants. I'm holding on....

My side is for the hoping... Not directly what I was thinking, but I do expect more.... My gut... It says more.... If not its hoping for more.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:37 PM ( #212 )

I'll say it again.. I'd hope they would announce a new toy or something at Toy Fair.. But then, tell me, why would they be releasing a clothing line for 21-29 year old women, and then announce a new toy?

ShiningLion

• shininglion user photo

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:41 PM ( #213 )

I really hope it's more than what most of us have been led to expect, but most of all I just want a new Tamagotchi! :(

Also, they may as well just be doing a gender neutral product line. I don't think less girls would dislike the product line if there was less pink, or if they made a unisex t-shirt, or things like that. I don't even mind pink! I just think the shirts will probably be all girls fitted t-shirts. You know, with the shorter sleeves and less shoulder space, more chest space, etc. If it was a normal fitted t-shirt I wouldn't even mind buying from the girl's section, if they had a few sort of "neutral" designs of the less feminine characters.

We will just have to wait and see. I just hope there's at least some cute things for everyone, but seriously ... Tamagotchi color, why can't they do this? Want. D:

Edited by ShiningLion, 18 June 2012 - 06:41 PM.

• Tamaloveridl15436 likes this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:58 PM ( #214 )

I agree with you completely!!!!

MusicalAngelgotchiOfLove

• musicalangelgotchioflove user photo

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:42 AM ( #215 )

Well, Dazz, I guess I see what you mean...
Even if you do like Tamagotchi just being a pet, though, think of it this way.
All those second and third graders (or whoever else thinks Tamagotchis are "baby toys") are about to see LOTS more people with Tamagotchi stuff... They're about to see Tamagotchi clothes on every person, Tamagotchi furniture in their friends' brothers' or sisters' rooms, and with the re-release of all this TAMAGOTCHI stuff, of course it will make some people want to find their old Tamagotchis! Ebay won't be able to keep P1s and P2s in stock for more than a day because of all the people buying them! Who knows, maybe this will escalate to people buying iD Ls...?
With more people buying Tamas, of course, this will expand the audience of Tamatalk. So, Tamatalk, whether you like it or not- even if Bandai IS just releasing clothes, furniture, and apps- it will make people reminiscent enough to want to find their own Tamagotchis.
I'm certain this re-release can be nothing but good.

Exactly!! You make such a good point! I didn't even think of that!
Now people will know what we mean when we say Tamagotchi is awesome (even though they already are).

Edited by MusicalAngelgotchiOfLove, 19 June 2012 - 12:44 AM.

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:24 PM ( #216 )

I was discussing this with my mom, who is an expert in marketing and sales....she agreed that Bandai is doing something very risky by marketing for WOMEN AGES 20-29 ONLY. She said that even though there are tons of Tamagotchi fans on this forum, how many of us are actually going to BUY new products like this? Our fan-base is very tiny considering how many people live in America....and women ages 20-29, well usually the ones not on TamaTalk, are too busy taking care of their children, husbands, pets, and working....not everyone can have such a fun time with Tamagotchis like we can. However, there ARE still women on Tamatalk who do what I described earlier.
And if you DO have a family, you might want to buy useful things for them instead of soap and nailpolish and earrings that are Tamagotchi-themed. And also if you are going to spend on Tamagotchi items, they're probably going to have their prices jacked-up sky-high and be very cheaply made. I'd much rather spend $60 on a Tamagotchi Color in English than buy 2 t-shirts and a few lipglosses for $60.....Bandai is pathetic.

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:29 AM ( #217 )

yeah they r

ShiningLion

• shininglion user photo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:20 PM ( #218 )

I'd much rather spend $60 on a Tamagotchi Color in English than buy 2 t-shirts and a few lipglosses for $60.....Bandai is pathetic.

I second that!

Guard

• guard user photo

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:32 PM ( #219 )

Usually, when something like this seems too good to be true, it is. If this is really coming out, I want it hands down. This just seems like an app or a video game.

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:02 PM ( #220 )

I'm mad at this topic again! Why can't tamagotchi L.I.F.E make something for guys! i mean we are a small part of the contributing people! They should make guy tamagotchi t shirts in like rock and roll style or anything like that. Because honestly if this comes out and these things r only for women i'm going ti make my mom or dad buy it as a gag gift! I have a new idea for bandai to make for it's new tamagotchi if its coming out. The should call it tamagotchi rainbow! as in you can chnge the color of the pixels with the gotchi points you get and when you take extra good care of 10 or 15 generations you should get a rainbow pixel screen!! And it should have some characters from the idl. That's a product i would happily pay 30 dollars for.

If they called it that people might Make fun of the boys for liking it. calling it rainbow ... is not the best of ideas if you want the Boys to be counted in.
I'm sorry If I seem to be rude but it sounds kinda .... weird.

and my opinion on this is Yes I want a new tama, BUT there is Merchandise coming out! I'd like to have some stuff. I LOVE TMGC and I hope the Furniture isn't GIRLY, I hope that the Shirts are ok and the Fashion line takes off so they'll re-consider the Tamagotchi line and release a New Tamagotchi. I think that them cutting out Boys/Men from the equation is very ignorant, them targeting a Certain Age group and only one gender at that is not very smart. I honestly Hope that they make some boy Merchandise, it'd be nice, that way I wouldn't feel like a girl. I'm sorry bandai but I think targeting such a small group of people will get you close to no where. Now If everything isn't as girly as I thought I'll buy the Merchandise. and be more than happy when i have friends over Drinking out of my tamagotchi Cup sitting on my Tamagotchi Couch and them sitting on my tamagotchi chair and a tamagotchi Lamp illuminating my room. Maybe they will make a tamagotchi Store in America and other English Countries. I'd love to work there!

-Puri-