Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:00 PM ( #281 )

If things aren't Too Girly I wouldn't care getting stuff, obviously NOT The Clothes, but maybe the other products...

-Puri-

Tamaloveridl15436

• tamaloveridl15436 user photo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:34 PM ( #282 )

yeah me 2

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:36 PM ( #283 )

Bandai and anybody else who were involved with the market/target research of this line did a very poor job. Those clothes don't look at all to be modern-day clothes but instead clothes from the early 90s. <_<

If more information and photographs are unveiled for Tamagotchi L.I.F.E and continue to be disappointing, I think TamaTalk as a community should just exclude all talks about it.

TamaTalk was created to discuss those virtual egg shells, not clothes lines and other merchandise. :(
  • riririn, Tamaloveridl15436 and Toad like this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:56 PM ( #284 )

Bandai and anybody else who were involved with the market/target research of this line did a very poor job. Those clothes don't look at all to be modern-day clothes but instead clothes from the early 90s. <_<

If more information and photographs are unveiled for Tamagotchi L.I.F.E and continue to be disappointing, I think TamaTalk as a community should just exclude all talks about it.

TamaTalk was created to discuss those virtual egg shells, not clothes lines and other merchandise. :(

yes josh i completely agree. Bandai only having 1 target group is obsurd. and those clothes have nothing to do with tamagotchi. Its like they are trying to bring back the retro look like uve said. And i dont think bandai has the right to call this tamagotchi. This website was created to discuss those egg shaped bundles of joy
  • joshnemo likes this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:08 PM ( #285 )

Well, I meant little coin bags or basic keychains. (like the McD's toys)

@ Ribonitchi
Please stop calling the age they are aiming at "old" we aren't that old... I know we seem that way to you, but its not a very friendly thing to call us. We have no control over the Bandai America products or our age. We age just like you and one day... You might take it as rude to you. Okay? Not yelling, not being mean, but I do want you to be aware it can be rude/hurtful.

I can't wait to see more of the secret items. I am pulling for secret items. Bandai Japan does it so well.
  • Pantheratchi, Famous Last Words.x, Purimatchi! and 1 other like this

Peanut05

• peanut05 user photo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:52 PM ( #286 )

Wow. Wow. WOW! This is sooooo exciting! I WANT A TAMA THEMED ROOM! This is gonna be epic!
  • Famous Last Words.x and Purimatchi! like this

Guard

• guard user photo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:28 PM ( #287 )

I am planning on sending a...5 page letter or so to Bandai America complaining about this ridiculous new "fasion statement" of theirs. I just think that if the clothes deal escalates, we should'nt even talk about it on TamaTalk. AT ALL.

I MISS THE VIRTUAL PETS SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY!!!! :( :( :( :(

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:49 PM ( #288 )

Please stop calling the age they are aiming at "old" we aren't that old... I know we seem that way to you, but its not a very friendly thing to call us. We have no control over the Bandai America products or our age. We age just like you and one day... You might take it as rude to you. Okay? Not yelling, not being mean, but I do want you to be aware it can be rude/hurtful.

I can't wait to see more of the secret items. I am pulling for secret items. Bandai Japan does it so well.

well i guess sorry? idk lol. i dont really know how it feels to be called old, it wouldnt bother me to be called old unless its for like health because i dont wanna think about dying Dx
i respect your honesty and won't say old anymore but what other way can i put it i guess adult's (doesnt really sound right in my vocab but i'll just use it so i wont be rude to are more "mature" group of fans haha i didnt use the word :D hurray i prop myself im so strange)

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:50 PM ( #289 )

what sailorrosette said^
yeah but still it would be nice if they could give tama mini. But ur idea isnt that bad id like to have keychains

Edited by Tamaloveridl15436, 28 June 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:29 AM ( #290 )

Yeah... TamaTalk is a Tamagotchi site, not a dodgy "fashion" site. XD I hate to say this, but it's better for Tamagotchi to be discontinued than to be turned into an awful clothing line. At least they'll still be loved and always be remembered as awesome toys, and not dumb clothes. :(
  • Peanut05 and Ribonitchi like this

The Ultimate Doomer

• the-ultimate-doomer user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:15 AM ( #291 )

Posted Image

ಠ_ಠ...(no comment)

From digital pets to just happy smiling girls in eye-burning clothes. That's not cool.

They could have at least put stuff like T-shirts with Kuromametchi, Himespetchi, etc.

Those clothes are so bad I need to wear shades to look at them else I go blind. The Japanese Tama clothes are much better.

Edit: See my avatar? I just noticed that that's the expression I have when I see that picture, "Ew, those are Tamagotchi clothes? Not in this lifetime".

Edited by The Ultimate Doomer, 29 June 2012 - 06:23 AM.

• kuromametchifan123 likes this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:30 AM ( #292 )

ikr i feel your pain

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:48 AM ( #293 )

Posted Image

ಠ_ಠ...(no comment)

That + memories of my first Tama in 2006 = more upsetting than all those films that are rated 18+ because they are upsetting.

I don't care whether those clothes look far beyond awful or not - which they do - I'm still almost in tears at that. Fwoggy won't be too upset, like anyone who's been into Tamas for no more than 10 months. But I have been into Tamas for more than half of my life. I've grown up with them and they've changed me. I was into them to escape from becoming a money-spending machine like all the other girls I know, and now what I considered a safe refuge from expensive designer brands is turning into one before my very eyes.

I will always be loyal to Tamas and TamaTalk, and even if I leave this new stuff behind I will never forget the things that shaped my childhood. But it's going to be very hard to keep Tamas at the top of my hobbies list from now on.
  • Tamaloveridl15436 likes this

SailorRosette

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:40 AM ( #294 )

well i guess sorry? idk lol. i dont really know how it feels to be called old, it wouldnt bother me to be called old unless its for like health because i dont wanna think about dying Dx
i respect your honesty and won't say old anymore but what other way can i put it i guess adult's (doesnt really sound right in my vocab but i'll just use it so i wont be rude to are more "mature" group of fans haha i didnt use the word :D hurray i prop myself im so strange)

Its okay, but I wanted to point it out that it could be picked up as rude... thank you. I am sure you didn't mean for it to be rude.

Those clothes... They just don't seem like a tama. I would expect more tama characters on them. Even patches on them would make people feel better. Those would probably be a bigger hit then these clothes...
  • Peanut05 and Tamaloveridl15436 like this

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:49 PM ( #295 )

Its okay, but I wanted to point it out that it could be picked up as rude... thank you. I am sure you didn't mean for it to be rude.

Those clothes... They just don't seem like a tama. I would expect more tama characters on them. Even patches on them would make people feel better. Those would probably be a bigger hit then these clothes...

definetly i would prefer a new tama over everything though too bad :/ but im hoping they do make one later on hopefully

SailorRosette

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:41 PM ( #296 )

Yes indeed. I am hoping for a Bandai Japan ploy. Wait until day before release... Or shadow images. I am crossing my fingers. Even if it was yet another greyscale... Hopefully smaller, i think we would be a little happier.

Peanut05

• peanut05 user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:19 PM ( #297 )

I think that if Bandai is going to start making Tamagotchi clothes, they should at least have Tamas or the Tamagotchi Logo on them! Otherwise Tamagotchi will be remembered as something completely different from what Tamagotchi actually is.

Yeah... TamaTalk is a Tamagotchi site, not a dodgy "fashion" site. XD I hate to say this, but it's better for Tamagotchi to be discontinued than to be turned into an awful clothing line. At least they'll still be loved and always be remembered as awesome toys, and not dumb clothes. :(

I agree 100%.
  • Tamaloveridl15436 likes this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:36 PM ( #298 )

i know they r ridiculous

Peanut05

• peanut05 user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:59 PM ( #299 )

I don't understand why a brand that has had so much success making toys has to change into a clothing line! What is the big idea? If they made the clothes Tama-themed that wouldn't be too bad I guess. But people might be too embarrassed to wear stuff like that because they don't want people to think their weird. They might drop making clothes pretty quickly if that happens. I just hope they don't drop Tamas altogether.

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:18 PM ( #300 )

I don't understand why a brand that has had so much success making toys has to change into a clothing line! What is the big idea? If they made the clothes Tama-themed that wouldn't be too bad I guess. But people might be too embarrassed to wear stuff like that because they don't want people to think their weird. They might drop making clothes pretty quickly if that happens. I just hope they don't drop Tamas altogether.

me too i think i would be scared to wear those clothes cause i don't wanna look so retro, though if this becomes the latest trend i don't mind wearing it outside actually i'll still where the clothes but i'll have to buy the plainest shirt they got in tamagotchi life so it won't look like im wearing too much but yeah i hope they make pajamas :D