* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:53 PM ( #341 )

The clothing.....oh my...
I'll say this: it seems more tailored to...well...girls under 12, 13, not to women 20-29. Not that I'm saying nobody else can wear those, because it's perfectly fine to do so, but they seem more like...I don't know...things that you'd see at department stores in the Girls' section.
I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in Bandai. I really shouldn't be, because the stuff they're going to release hasn't even hit stores yet, or iTunes. Who knows, maybe we'll actually enjoy the things they're releasing.
Then again, a lot of people here are guys, and I don't think they'd be very interested in wearing shirts with sequins and flaunting "Patchi Forest Green" nail polish all over their hands.
Oh yeah, one more thing: If they're developing an app, maybe we should keep an open mind to that too. Yeah? ;)

i agree, most of the people on here are guys so i guess almost everyone hated it because they said so i guess or they didnt like it either, the clothes are a bit too...flashy (very colorful and pink girly looking) for me i'm more into darker colors but not too dark and i think i'll only buy them to wear at home and get a size bigger i'll buy anything else they sell but clothes maybe depends

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:12 AM ( #342 )

Yes, but we Americans are stubborn, stubborn people. In Japan a man who plays video games all day and is oohed and ahhed over by all females because he's got the highest score might be worshipped by other game fans, but other non-gamers would be disgusted. In Japan 70 year old women can wear sparkly pink Hello Kitty shirts and she might get nothing but complements. She wouldn't be ridiculed or anything. In America people would point and whisper and try to avoid standing near her because she's "crazy"....
And yet again, Japan is just a more open country. People can run around in TV character costumes like nobody's business, but in America, yet again, they'd be called a freak. Japan is so successful with all of their toy merchandise because the Japanese are really more into embracing their child-like side. They're not afraid of that. But lots of Americans might secretly like to be like that, yet would never admit it because they'd be made fun of.
Blah.

In the UK it's like you described America. There's a girl in my school and just because she's a slow runner and has a tooth problem people bully her and avoid her. If a 9-year-old girl, let alone a 70-year-old woman, brings so much as a Hello Kitty hat into school along with the excuse it was from her grandma when she was seven, she still gets teased.

But mature kids or adults in the UK aren't like that. I have a huge amount of aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins etcetera on my mom's side and most of them were into Tamas as teens in the late 90s. When I show them the newer versions and tell them I have 32, they have fond memories of Tamas and instead of saying they grew out of them, they say how much they used to enjoy them. I think BanDai are trying to make something new to catch people's attention.

But this is not how they should go about getting people's attention. I'm sure these relatives who used to have Tamas have seen the V6 and Tama-Go in stores, but those versions are barely recognisable as Tamagotchi. "A music star created by you"?! What kind of original fan does THAT bring back memories for? And just a glance at the kiddy design and packaging for the Tama-Go will make an old fan think "what is that toy supposed to be?" not "oh, Tamagotchi! I remember them!" They need to make a replica of the P1 or P2, saying "Tamagotchi...Transformed!" or "Tamagotchi Regeneration!" or something. Not a tacky iPhone app or a vintage Mametchi shirt.

ShiningLion

• shininglion user photo

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:15 PM ( #343 )

I see an awful lot of people here worrying about what others would think of them for having Tamagotchis and Tamagotchi clothes. If you are still a K-12 student I can understand that other students can be mean about things that are different to them. However, I'm also seeing responses from a lot of adults who say they'd be embarrassed to wear the clothes, but would wear them at home.

I want to say something about being yourself... it feels good, it makes you happy, and it keeps you from developing a whole array of psychological problems as an adult. If you love tamagotchis, you shouldn't be embarrassed. If you like wearing sort of strange and flashy clothes that might seem tacky to others, you shouldn't be embarrassed! It is your preference, your happiness, and your life, and anyone who will tease you for that is either just jealous that they are afraid to be themselves or is just a mean person whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

I'm a 26 year old guy and if any of these tamagotchi shirts were even remotely close to something a guy could wear, I'd wear one. I'm not ashamed to be into tamagotchis. I post pictures of them on my Facebook all the time, and my hundreds of adult acquaintances and friends don't think negatively of it.

I just feel a duty to say this. I spent a lot of my youth hiding my interests and hiding who I really was because I was very different from others, but as a teenager I began to stop caring about what others thought and just express myself for who I am. As long as you are kind to others, you'd be surprised how much people are willing to accept you, even when you are very odd or different. I actually became quite respected by many people at my school for not fitting into a specific mold and being myself. My teachers admired me for that too. Don't feel discouraged to be yourself and like the things you like. There is little in life that feels better than that, and there are plenty of people who will love you just the way you are.
  • TamaMum, kuchipatchi.is.blue55, caomi and 1 other like this

Turtlestarf

• turtlestarf user photo

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:03 PM ( #344 )

I hope that this is real and not just a fake. But anyways, I really am excited for this! Finally I can go to the store and see tamagotchis! I wonder if it will be in color.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:59 AM ( #345 )

I hope that this is real and not just a fake. But anyways, I really am excited for this! Finally I can go to the store and see tamagotchis! I wonder if it will be in color.

Sadly, as many have said here... It's real, but it's not a tamagotchi toy. Rather a clothing line under the tamagotchi brand. (A really crummy one, I might add.)

Turtlestarf

• turtlestarf user photo

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:19 PM ( #346 )

Sadly, as many have said here... It's real, but it's not a tamagotchi toy. Rather a clothing line under the tamagotchi brand. (A really crummy one, I might add.)

Yeah, i figured that out last night... It's really depressing, but it looks like Bandai US is going to stop making Tamagotchis. Welp, time to move to Japan!
  • Ribonitchi, Purimatchi!, caomi and 1 other like this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:09 AM ( #347 )

We have to remember that if Tamagotchi America is done then its not like our american Tamagotchis are going to dissapear just because its gone. We can still get them from Ebay, no problem! Remember - Tamagotchi Japan is not over, so we just have to count on them ;)

bannasplit22

• bannasplit22 user photo

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:46 PM ( #348 )

This is probebly put of txt btw.OK I'm out so done I've had it up to here with bandai there seriously messing with people so tama Id here I come I commented on the video everybody should also like the comments that are telling the truth about what we want and not what they think we want they should get there heads out of the clouds and think of the fans!!!!! I am devistated tamas were apart of my childhood and theyve ruined there name!! Srry if this was to mean.... This probably means no more playing on music city and I finally got back into tamagotchi I'm gonna go cry in a corner now....

The funny thing bout this is when this epically fails we can say we tryed to help but no. Srry 4 two in a row

Edited by SailorRosette, 17 July 2012 - 11:09 AM.

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:43 PM ( #349 )

Bandai is one of those stupid companies that never listinens to the fans Posted Image
  • Bubbles11, booboo1, Orandatchi and 1 other like this

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:22 AM ( #350 )

I see an awful lot of people here worrying about what others would think of them for having Tamagotchis and Tamagotchi clothes. If you are still a K-12 student I can understand that other students can be mean about things that are different to them. However, I'm also seeing responses from a lot of adults who say they'd be embarrassed to wear the clothes, but would wear them at home.

I want to say something about being yourself... it feels good, it makes you happy, and it keeps you from developing a whole array of psychological problems as an adult. If you love tamagotchis, you shouldn't be embarrassed. If you like wearing sort of strange and flashy clothes that might seem tacky to others, you shouldn't be embarrassed! It is your preference, your happiness, and your life, and anyone who will tease you for that is either just jealous that they are afraid to be themselves or is just a mean person whose opinion doesn't matter anyway.

I'm a 26 year old guy and if any of these tamagotchi shirts were even remotely close to something a guy could wear, I'd wear one. I'm not ashamed to be into tamagotchis. I post pictures of them on my Facebook all the time, and my hundreds of adult acquaintances and friends don't think negatively of it.

I just feel a duty to say this. I spent a lot of my youth hiding my interests and hiding who I really was because I was very different from others, but as a teenager I began to stop caring about what others thought and just express myself for who I am. As long as you are kind to others, you'd be surprised how much people are willing to accept you, even when you are very odd or different. I actually became quite respected by many people at my school for not fitting into a specific mold and being myself. My teachers admired me for that too. Don't feel discouraged to be yourself and like the things you like. There is little in life that feels better than that, and there are plenty of people who will love you just the way you are.

I agree with you. "Don't tease people for being different, tease them for being the same." -anonymous because I don't know who said it
But I don't get it what's with weird clothes? Do they have glitters, because I hate glitters, not everyone likes glitters you know. :angry: Why Bandai? Why? Y U no make Tamagotchis?

Edited by bluegreen, 18 July 2012 - 04:26 AM.

Hoshi★tchi

• hoshi&-9733;tchi user photo

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:14 AM ( #351 )

I am so confused I don't know if I should be happy about Tamagotchi L.I.F.E or sad...
Maybe it will help Bandai see that people still care about Tamagotchis

Pokefan

• pokefan user photo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 AM ( #352 )

I would buy a plain T-shirt with a kuchipatchi on it XD

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:47 AM ( #353 )

^lol XD . Oh well who knows? Maybe it's a new, strange marketing strategy, to reintroduce the brand: Tamagotchi.
Kids will say: what's that, parents will answer ofcourse, because they know what it is.
If it sells maybe they will make a new tama again and sell it again in the USA, UK and maybe, just maybe, they will come back to Europe.
Well if it would just be the UK, I wouldn't mind. I would buy a ticket to London and run to the toys r us shop, lol.

Edited by Amarisje, 19 July 2012 - 10:47 AM.

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:13 AM ( #354 )

I wish they made a Mametchi or Mimitchi hat. I like hats. IIIIIIII liiiiiiiiiikeee haaaaaaaaaaattttttsssssssss. (especially animal/ cartoon character hats with ears on them) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by bluegreen, 20 July 2012 - 05:13 AM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:49 AM ( #355 )

Maybe you guys can list what types of things you want (or directly) and do a list with other users... Then you guys can send it off to Bandai and Beats... You might not know what all they have in store for us. A list of wanted items can be very helpful to large companies.
  • booboo1, TicTax, caomi and 1 other like this

LittleChocoWolf

• littlechocowolf user photo

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:26 PM ( #356 )

To those who are outside of the US, I'm sure Tamaogtchi "L.I.F.E" will come to you guys, but not soon.

Anyways, I'm not excited for this. Yeah, sure its cool "WOOOO". No.
I mean, really? I doubt they're going to be making a new tamagotchi and I'm sure the merchandise is going to be aimed at children and/or have nothing to do with tamagotchis at all. I mean, yeah I have a smart phone so an app would be cool, but a virtual pet blows an app away, it's not the same.

Even if they were to release a new tamagotchi, it'd better be good or else this is probably their last attempt.

All in all, if they release a Tamagotchi toy, Bandai knows it has to be great since tamas are dying in the US. I don't know a single kid thats under the age of 10 and knows what a tamagotchi is. -____-;;
In person, internet doesn't count.

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:13 AM ( #357 )

Sadly, Tamagotchi isn't only dying in the U.S. I think it's dying in the Philippines too. The only place where it's not dying is in Japan but I think you need to have a visa to go there. Hopefully Tamagotchi L.I.F.E will be better than expected and people will like it again and Tamagotchi will be alive. But is Tamagotchi L.I.F.E really just clothes? No virtual pets? If it is than we're screwed.

Edited by bluegreen, 24 July 2012 - 03:18 AM.

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:40 AM ( #358 )

But don't you think it's a bit strange? Releasing Tamagotchi L.I.F.E just as a clothing brand?
Everyone knows Tamagotchi in this country, the adult ones, not the kids.
It could be a last attempt to make Tamagotchi popular again. They reintroduce it with clothing, maybe the cartoon will come to here as well.
And maybe then, just maybe we will find a new Tamagotchi virtual pet in the toy stores again?

I just know that if they do reintroduce one, in uk or in europe, I'm going to make a run for it in the toy stores, lol XD

Edited by Amarisje, 24 July 2012 - 03:41 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:41 AM ( #359 )

If you guys have read the article thoroughly, Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is launched and posed as a set of lifestyle products.

It is basically just Bandai giving permission for Sync Beatz to use the "Tamagotchi" brand for their items.

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:52 AM ( #360 )

:( We may never see a new tamagotchi toy outside of Japan ever again.