* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

drfromgalffrey

• drfromgalffrey user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:45 AM ( #361 )

Im kind of dissapointed...
This isnt a game its clothes, furniture, makeup and other Items that you cant play with

Layolalotus

• layolalotus user photo

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:47 PM ( #362 )

Good point. I've always wanted a color tamagotchi in my language!

Hopefully the UK will see it too! Proper hard to find tamas in UK.

booboo1

• booboo1 user photo

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:07 PM ( #363 )

did anyone even read what ichiro said or what

If you guys have read the article thoroughly, Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is launched and posed as a set of lifestyle products.

It is basically just Bandai giving permission for Sync Beatz to use the "Tamagotchi" brand for their items.

so bandai might have plans for a new tamagotchi toy, they're just trying to get more tamagotchi merchandise out there by giving sync beatz permission to help make more stuff

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:22 PM ( #364 )

Personally, I have the thought that bandai America is done with tamagotchi, and they just handed the brand over to some third rate company.

Pretty depressing really. The merch is NOT modernized tamagotchi stuff. It's based on Vintage Tamagotchis. So, the chances of this leading up to the anime, color toys, and the other stuff bandai Japan has? Zero.
  • kuromametchifan123, TicTax, Orandatchi and 4 others like this

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:13 PM ( #365 )

So what will happen to Tamagotchi if Bandai's not really doing anything to make new interesting products related to it?

Edited by bluegreen, 27 July 2012 - 10:15 PM.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:11 AM ( #366 )

You're looking at it right now. A awful company takes the series and makes silly clothes about it.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:37 PM ( #367 )

"Health and Beauty Products" ...I sense Tamagotchi medicine pills and Memetchi shampoo. (Shampoop)
  • TicTax, Iceland <3, Choco Monkey and 1 other like this

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:13 AM ( #368 )

Theres going to be a New Tamagotchi in Japan but not in America? wow this sucks Bandai needs to make a tama like I have a idea how about remake the p1 or p2 and make it color THAT WOULD SELL
  • dazzilitchigirl and Orandatchi like this

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:46 PM ( #369 )

Theres going to be a New Tamagotchi in Japan but not in America? wow this sucks Bandai needs to make a tama like I have a idea how about remake the p1 or p2 and make it color THAT WOULD SELL

Tens, perhaps hundreds of TamaTalkers have been having that idea for years and BanDai hasn't. We are obviously a lot better at marketing than them - there are enough health and beauty products already, and they are silly and overpriced and overrated. Why doesn't someone make an educational, fun game for all ages that will sell too? Why is it everyone thinks only stupid overpriced perfume will make any money? Why is it almost everyone in the UK and USA is overweight but they still buy loads of beauty products? Why is it every time someone comes up with a good idea it gets exploited and turned into a meaningless fashion brand? The answer to this question is that our society is too developed for its own good and kids like us can do nothing about it. It's people who want to exploit others who get any say. It's people who want a fun and affordable hobby who get ignored. No prizes for guessing which one of those TamaTalk is.

What BanDai and Sync Beatz are doing is not trying to create something new for Tamagotchi's biggest fans - far from it. The way they see it, the current fans are mostly kids with hardly any money who get teased at school for having an unfashionable toy. Does a brand become popular when that is their fan base? No. So they aim to leave us old fans behind and attract new ones, fashion-conscious young women who will spread the word of Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. All companies want to attract people with three things: Money, popularity, and silliness. Money because then they can buy stuff. Popularity so they can spread the word of the new fashion. Silliness so they can be exploited and spend a lot of money on overpriced make-up. Those three things are precisely what current Tamagotchi fans DON'T have. And that's what Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is doing. Filtering out us unfashionable kids and pulling in self-conscious women.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:17 AM ( #370 )

What I guess Bandai's thinking about right now: "Huh huh huh this is the best idea evur huh huh huh were gonna make more money huh huh huh a big profit huhuhuhuh we don't care about tomaguchi anymore"
  • TicTax and riririn like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:17 AM ( #371 )

No it wouldn't...Some people, like me, don't like vintages. Besides, TamaLIFE is all about vintages, so making a color based on a vintage would seem to support TamaLIFE. <_< I want NEW Tamas, not remakes of old ones XD

I haven't heard much more info on this, like exactly what stuff there will be and when.

asmexus

• asmexus user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:23 PM ( #372 )

To be honest, I'm not really sure how to react to Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. The release of the Tama-go was one of Bandai's last attempts at reviving the community, after the Tama-go's failure to be popular, I think Bandai just gave up. They are really on their last legs here letting Tamagotchi be licensed to Sync Beatz. I think that they were taking a turn in the right direction to go back to the older versions of the Tamagotchi, but with clothes, furniture, and make-up? Fans definitely won't be satisfied with that. But I don't think there is much Bandai can do about it. If it doesn't bring in money, then what is the point for them? After all in today's community, keeping their faith in a product that isn't a money maker is worthless. To be straight, I had given up on Bandai long ago. After the release of the Music Star, the popularity really plummeted. I mean they don't even sell them at Target anymore, I used to always see them there. And giving away merchandise every year at our community festival, they are probably just getting rid of them. (Not that I mind really, I like to take tamas off their hands.) I am a saddened to see Tamagotchi treated this way, but I'm not sure Bandai can do much about it, although they could surprise us with something new someday (I hope). So I am outraged as many of you are, and I really want a new toy to be released, but this was pretty much to be expected.
  • Astromeno, Purimatchi! and Toad like this

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:11 PM ( #373 )

As long as Japan keeps releasing new ones, I'm fine~ haha~

asmexus

• asmexus user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:15 PM ( #374 )

I would get the Japanese ones if I had the money. >.<
I can only wish.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:55 AM ( #375 )

sync beats = sync butts atm.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:35 PM ( #376 )

I personally don't blame Sync Beatz nor Bandai for this weird concept. Bandai seriously needs to do something to re-market Tamagotchi into the market again, while Sync Beatz basically specializes on lifestyle products and not toys.

The thing I find questionable is Bandai's choice in giving license to Sync Beatz for the Tamagotchi brand. I think both are good companies, but not the right chemistry, if you get my drift.
  • booboo1 likes this

TylerS

• tylers user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:10 PM ( #377 )

I wish it was a new tamagotchi.
I hope this goes well enough for them to make a new tama but not forgetting boys.

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:44 AM ( #378 )

I don't get what Bandai was thinking, why not just make a new Tamagotchi toy? Or perhaps an ENGLISH iD L or Plus Color?

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:17 AM ( #379 )

I don't get what Bandai was thinking, why not just make a new Tamagotchi toy? Or perhaps an ENGLISH iD L or Plus Color?

Why not waste thousands of dollars producing or developing a $40-50 product nobody will buy? Because Bandai US has already been burned twice by the Tamagotchi brand (thrice if you count the end of the Tamagotchi fad around 1997-1998). With this deal, at least Bandai US won't lose more money of this fails.

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:30 AM ( #380 )

Why not waste thousands of dollars producing or developing a $40-50 product nobody will buy? Because Bandai US has already been burned twice by the Tamagotchi brand (thrice if you count the end of the Tamagotchi fad around 1997-1998). With this deal, at least Bandai US won't lose more money of this fails.

So, no new tamas for people outside Japan? That stinks.