Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:34 AM ( #381 )

So, no new tamas for people outside Japan? That stinks.

There were no new Tamas for people outside Japan since 2010. :P

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 22 August 2012 - 08:34 AM.

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:19 PM ( #382 )

All this nonsense, and they can't manage to get distribution rights for the English Tamagotchi iD L we now know exists? On one hand, I'm glad the Tamagotchi name is getting out there. But on the other, much larger hand--err, so to speak--this is just not very exciting.

In the end, I do hope that a Tamagotchi revival is on the way for the North American/Euro market; however, I'm fairly certain that this isn't going to do it, not by a long shot. <_<

Edited by StenoTim, 23 August 2012 - 08:12 AM.

Hardcore Tama

• hardcore-tama user photo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:09 AM ( #383 )

I agree with StenoTim, HOPEFULLY the Tamagotchi names DOES get out there so that it may encourage Bandai to release a new Tamagotchi toy.
If they successfully raise enough attention, they may be able to get new customers, and then advertise for a new toy. I think Bandai believes there are not a large enough mass of fans would would buy a new Tama (even though look at the number of members on TT!) Honestly I hope that a new toy will be released by the summer of 2013, but it may just be wishful thinking.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:47 AM ( #384 )

Bye Tamagotchi America?

Edited by tamatown123, 07 September 2012 - 12:47 AM.

The Lost Sean

• the-lost-sean user photo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:51 AM ( #385 )

Bye Tamagotchi America?

Probably. There just isn't a big enough market in the US.
  • tamatown123 likes this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:53 PM ( #386 )

First of all they can take their app and shove it. I don't care how good it is it's not a real Tamagotchi. Part of the appeal of Tamagotchi is it's like a real living creature. It can't be turned on and off. It's always there. It's real. A phone app isn't the same thing. It isn't even close. It's just a video game. I can get attached to Tamagotchi. I'd even talk to them and hug them. There's no way I'd do that with a freaking cell phone. Give me an actual physical Tamagotchi toy or nothing. A phone app would be sterile and soulless. It would have no heart. Don't lump Tamagotchi in with overrated garbage like Angry Birds. Tamagotchi deserves better.
And as for TamaGo and Music Star failing, that was more the fault of the designs than the actual Tamagotchi brand. Tamagotchi started out as a pet. That concept is what got it it's popularity. Trying to turn them into rock stars or whatever drifts too far from the original concept. I want to adopt a pet not manage a band. What's next a Tamagotchi who let's it's fame go to it's head, turns to drugs and alcohol and is then found dead in a hotel room somewhere? As for TamaGo, they shot themselves in the foot with that one. Having to spend extra money to unlock a lot of the content may have been a good idea on paper from a financial standpoint but it turned a lot of folks off. I never owned a Music Star or a TamaGo. I hated the rock star concept and I thought the whole having to buy additional figures was a blatant and pathetic attempt to squeeze more money out of people. And don't get me started on the fact that they never advertised the things.
The concept behind Tamagotchi is still sound. It could probably still make money if done right. The problem is that the past couple of models were simply NOT done right.
The clothes are an eyesore but I'm not against Tamagotchi merchandise. It's having Tamagotchi merchandise without an actual Tamagotchi toy to back it up that I find idiotic.

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:46 PM ( #387 )

What's next a Tamagotchi who let's it's fame go to it's head, turns to drugs and alcohol and is then found dead in a hotel room somewhere?

Now, that sounds like what a Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. ought to be! :hanatchi: ...and I really love the Music Star.

I just think they're not willing to risk another flop by spending money on production of the toy units, themselves. It really sucks...but at least we have access to the Japanese releases (and now apparently the Honk Kong releases).

Edited by StenoTim, 07 September 2012 - 03:46 PM.

icewolf113

• icewolf113 user photo

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 PM ( #388 )

You know, I honestly think they need some of this stuff, maybe not the cheap bath stuff or make up but almost everything has t-shirts. I have wow t-shirts and diffrent anime t-shirts. The fact that they are supposedly targeting 20-29 year old women is silly, I agree. I think they need to target teens to adults and both genders. I may be 25 but I think they need to have clothing for the younger generation who enjoy tamagotchi as much as the adults do. Now comeing from a retail bussiness aspect, what they are doing is right, they are trying to bring back the awareness, who knows they may come back with another tamagotchi in a year or two. We wont know till we see it. I am not saying to be happy about it or disappointed but this is what must be for tamagotchi to come back to the states. As for the smart phone app I think that is a wise way to go. I have apps, I would love to have a tamagotchi app on my iphone. And if they do come out with t-shirts I will proudly wear one, in a walmart at 2am and not act like an adult just for those looks... Ok maybe not but i will still wear it all the time, just like i wear my fruists basket shirt.

Honestly, I hope you all who are disappointed see why they are turning this way, since tama-go kinda did a flop they feel they need to try and bring the awareness back. I am disappointed myself, but I know this is just the way of life for the retail world.
  • Purimatchi! likes this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:40 AM ( #389 )

I'd gladly wear a Tamagotchi T-Shirt if they made them for guys. I'm long past caring what other people think of me. I used to wear my Tamagotchis on a leather cord around my neck right there for everyone to see. I'm glad they're doing something with the Tamagotchi brand. I just wish there was a new Tamagotchi toy to go with it. I'm still holding out a bit of hope that something will be announced at Toy Fair next year.
  • icewolf113 likes this

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:27 PM ( #390 )

First of all they can take their app and shove it. I don't care how good it is it's not a real Tamagotchi. Part of the appeal of Tamagotchi is it's like a real living creature. It can't be turned on and off. It's always there. It's real. A phone app isn't the same thing. It isn't even close. It's just a video game. I can get attached to Tamagotchi. I'd even talk to them and hug them. There's no way I'd do that with a freaking cell phone. Give me an actual physical Tamagotchi toy or nothing. A phone app would be sterile and soulless. It would have no heart. Don't lump Tamagotchi in with overrated garbage like Angry Birds. Tamagotchi deserves better.
And as for TamaGo and Music Star failing, that was more the fault of the designs than the actual Tamagotchi brand. Tamagotchi started out as a pet. That concept is what got it it's popularity. Trying to turn them into rock stars or whatever drifts too far from the original concept. I want to adopt a pet not manage a band. What's next a Tamagotchi who let's it's fame go to it's head, turns to drugs and alcohol and is then found dead in a hotel room somewhere? As for TamaGo, they shot themselves in the foot with that one. Having to spend extra money to unlock a lot of the content may have been a good idea on paper from a financial standpoint but it turned a lot of folks off. I never owned a Music Star or a TamaGo. I hated the rock star concept and I thought the whole having to buy additional figures was a blatant and pathetic attempt to squeeze more money out of people. And don't get me started on the fact that they never advertised the things.
The concept behind Tamagotchi is still sound. It could probably still make money if done right. The problem is that the past couple of models were simply NOT done right.
The clothes are an eyesore but I'm not against Tamagotchi merchandise. It's having Tamagotchi merchandise without an actual Tamagotchi toy to back it up that I find idiotic.

They did Advertise them, you just didn't see the commercials (Obviously)

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:18 AM ( #391 )

I think robodog was exaggerating; we know that Bandai put out a couple ads for the products, but overall it seemed like they put no effort into promoting the Music Star or Tama-Go whatsoever.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:58 PM ( #392 )

I'm not sure about the Music Star, but I did see a commercial once about it. To me, it seems like they did a lot of work on the promotion of the Tama-Go. Check out Bandai's Blog. They toured parts of the US, teamed up with Tamatalk to put up a contest, put up their own contest and other stuff. I suppose that wasn't enough either.

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:54 PM ( #393 )

I called Sync Beatz today, they said new stuff about Tamagotchi Life was to be announced "in the coming weeks" so, brace yourselfs...

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:03 PM ( #394 )

I called Sync Beatz today, they said new stuff about Tamagotchi Life was to be announced "in the coming weeks" so, brace yourselfs...

Sync Beatz is a company that produces lifestyle products, so I guess we already know what to expect from them. <_<

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:09 PM ( #395 )

Competition. In the end, it will help the tamagotchi brand as a whole or dig it down deeper.

My gut says something in the fall. A possible tama... For the anniversary and such. I wouldn't know anymore then you guys... But with new things comming out towards Christmas.... The possiblity of a new tama can come. (or for C-mas)

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:16 AM ( #396 )

A very low chance, I guess? Maybe Bandai is doing this as a test. A test if its good enough to spend money to make another Tamagotchi Toy.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:20 AM ( #397 )

The odd thing is... I would expect to start seeing items anytime. I would have thought they would be out by now though. These shirts need a tamagotchi pocket.... Lol.

Maybe these will be the fall release.... But I am still crossing my fingers for a tama. Even a non-working keychain. (like McDs 97' toys) i really want a new one... These big gaps between releases I am sure aren't helping Bandai America....
  • tamatown123 likes this

purpurn

• purpurn user photo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:12 PM ( #398 )

I don't know about you guys, but I heard a little Tamagotchi beep in that video at about 1:40-1:45. :rolleyes:

I totally heard that too LOL I was going to point it out if no one else had heard it too XD

This is VERY strange. In my opinion its like Nintendo turning into a Supermarket. Tamagotchi IS NOT: Clothes, make-up, furnishing etc. Its...TAMAGOTCHI!!! Tamagotchi is: Virtual pets, Figurines more Tamagotchis, Anime. They only put A BIT of Tamagotchi into this Tamagotchi L.I.F.E line :P

Actually nintendo has put out a ton of stuff over the years like candy, plushes and toys, and shirts, bath soap, and stuff. We used to have a clip art from Nintendo on our Apple IIE....

I think what people have to remember is that this was a licensing expo - in other words, they are talking about selling the rights to use Tamagotchi characters and likeness to other companies........ Bandai owns the rights to Tamagotchi already, why would they need to license it out to make another toy?? Why would they mention it at this type of expo???

They still might come out with another Tamagotchi pet, but they might use this form of marketing to generate a buzz before taking that leap. They haven't said that they AREN'T coming out with a new Tamagotchi pet. They might want to keep as much on the DL as they can till it's about time for release to keep other competitors from knowing what they are doing.

-Purn

Edited by purpurn, 12 September 2012 - 12:19 PM.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:46 PM ( #399 )

This fake optimism really makes me sad.

BanDai America has nothing to do with this, they aren't making another toy probably. And if they are, it'll be based on the vintage series. Which quite frankly, I don't care about it.

Why can't it be based on what japan has been doing? :( I mean, the anime, arcade games.. But no, we won't be seeing any of that! Just more vintage crud! Cause you know, EVERYONE grew up with those and not the connection era or even the modern era! NOPE!

Cieletchi

• cieletchi user photo

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:24 PM ( #400 )

this better be English. -_-