Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:46 AM ( #401 )

I think Bandai should've made more Tamagotchi videogames. I really enjoyed Tamagotchi connection corner shop (I like the dentist game xD) and it's sequel.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:56 AM ( #402 )

There are many, many tamagotchi video games out. Well, on Japan. :)

Ameliasaur

• ameliasaur user photo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:14 PM ( #403 )

I'm a 21 year old female & I would not buy any of that stuff.
It could just be me but I think they're going about it the wrong way if that is their target age group.
I don't like graphic tees- I can't wear those to work & I wouldn't wear them out & about. Personally, I've just never liked graphic tees & I try to keep a more professional/tastefully stylish look most days. Why would I want tama make up? If I were a kid & wanted some play make up- yeah, sure. But I'll stick with well established brands whose whole "life" (no pun intended) is cosmetics. I also wouldn't buy tama furnishings for my house. That isn't the direction I'm trying to go with my home decor.
Maybe I just take myself a little too seriously or something, but I like Tamagotchi for the Tamagotchi. None of that stuff holds a place in my life.
Key chains & stuff would actually be pretty cool, I like key chains (I currently have a Hello Kitty key chain). Any little knickknacks that tastefully add a little fun & tell someone about your personality: I'm game. But as a professional adult in their target age group, I'm not interested in most of that stuff.
I'm pretty disappointed.
But that's just my 2 cents.
  • joshnemo, booboo1, tamatown123 and 1 other like this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:34 PM ( #404 )

I completely agree.
Who would buy TAMAGOTCHI clothes? They normally go to the shops in the local shopping malls - I don't get who will buy Tamagotchi clothes. Plushes, keychains, Tamagotchis themselves are all whats in Tamagotchi. Before this project came in I didn't even think (even for a moment) that it was going to be about clothes. I'm sure it would of been fine if there were some Mametchi Clocks, Memetchi Pencil Toppers etc. Although I think clothes - well, its gone too far.

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:04 AM ( #405 )

Could you just imagine having Tamagotchi furniture in your house?
Posted Image
  • booboo1, Astromeno, +[ b r u t a l ]+ and 4 others like this

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:46 PM ( #406 )

Posted Image

I'd feel guilty breaking wind on it. ...too far? :tarakotchi:
  • Astromeno likes this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:02 PM ( #407 )

This fake optimism really makes me sad.

BanDai America has nothing to do with this, they aren't making another toy probably. And if they are, it'll be based on the vintage series. Which quite frankly, I don't care about it.

Why can't it be based on what japan has been doing? :( I mean, the anime, arcade games.. But no, we won't be seeing any of that! Just more vintage crud! Cause you know, EVERYONE grew up with those and not the connection era or even the modern era! NOPE!

Without "that vintage crud" you wouldn't have the aspects of Tamagotchi you DO like. Keep that in mind. Without the success of the original there would be no connections, no anime, no new merchandise period.

Edited by robodog, 17 September 2012 - 01:08 PM.

• Astromeno and StenoTim like this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:44 PM ( #408 )

Without "that vintage crud" you wouldn't have the aspects of Tamagotchi you DO like. Keep that in mind. Without the success of the original there would be no connections, no anime, no new merchandise period.

Yes, and all of that stuff I do like from tamagotchi are stuck in Japan, which is where they innovate with each release. BanDai America's releases gone stale, and then they decided to go the cheap easy way and just market retro crap, cause you know, that's what IN right now!

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:24 PM ( #409 )

You do make a good point. I do wish Bandai America would concentrate on improving Tamagotchi rather than just release a bunch of retro merchandise. Merchandising should be used to help make people aware of the product not replace the product entirely. Why have Tamagotchi clothes and furniture when actual Tamagotchis are nowhere to be seen on store shelves? I'm still hoping that an actual Tamagotchi is in the cards though. If it is it probably won't be announced until Toyfair early next year.

GotchiGuardian

• gotchiguardian user photo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:54 AM ( #410 )

-_- There better be a new tamagotchi! I really don't want tacky furniture invading my room. All that Bandai is into is making money. I think I'd better start stocking up on tamagotchis before the prices go
BOOM!

steenie

• steenie user photo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:37 AM ( #411 )

they better make key chains at least!!! or hair accessories lol
but other than that it looks disappointing.....

Ameliasaur

• ameliasaur user photo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:18 PM ( #412 )

Posted Image

Haha, I feel the need to feed it.
Maybe even walk it. Wipe the cushions.

That's some needy furniture.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:58 AM ( #413 )

Even releasing old versions is better. I would buy old versions if they were in stores, why can't they just do that?
  • robodog likes this

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:56 PM ( #414 )

I wonder why Bandai/SB has stopped releasing information about this line of products, considering they've participated in the Licensing Expo several months back?

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 23 September 2012 - 06:12 PM.

• Astromeno, Purimatchi! and riririn like this

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:11 PM ( #415 )

Bandai seriously needs to do a customer survey to see what people ACTUALLY WANT.

Not some random bull about kids' makeup and furniture....
  • bluegreen likes this

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:19 AM ( #416 )

Obviously, there hasn't been any other information released about Tamagotchi LIFE.

Edited by Purimatchi!, 30 September 2012 - 11:19 AM.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:56 PM ( #417 )

Also, Tamatown is down.

Just what could Bandai be doing? At least they should've said something on their blog to keep us updated.

Ashiya

• ashiya user photo

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:57 AM ( #418 )

I actually really like the jacket, it's very retro (I'm almost 27). The other clothes look totally normal to me, too, and yes, appropriate for my age (maybe we live in different worlds? lol). But I wouldn't be able to tell it has anything to do with tamagotchi, actually, more with Atari and general early 90's pop culture.
Sounds like Bandai is scared of releasing actual toys. While I'm not in the US so Idk how things are there, guess they don't see demand for the virtual pets much. They closed Bandai Entertainment too which released dvds, manga, etc who knows what they're planning now. I was hoping those Aquapets would inspire them to release pet stuff outside of Japan.

teardroponfire

• teardroponfire user photo

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:30 AM ( #419 )

I wish Bandai would create or bring back to life some of the older Tamagotchis but refreshed. How about a Devilgotchi and Angelgotchi Connection? They grow and you connect them to battle perchance? Good vs. Evil Posted ImagePosted Image
  • Ribonitchi and Purimatchi! like this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:17 PM ( #420 )

With the new Furby appearing on Christmas hot toy lists it wouldn't surprise me at all if Furby's success inspires Bandai to get off their butts and release a new and improved Tamagotchi. I mean these are the two hottest electronic pets ever made. It'd be great to have them both on store shelves again!
  • Purimatchi! and riririn like this