Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:42 PM ( #421 )

It's not a VPet. : o

Plus, I'm still not liking this, since that it is not going where the Japanese series is.

Chry

• chry user photo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:26 PM ( #422 )

Are there any pictures of this new tamagotchi? Or any solid information? :)

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:00 PM ( #423 )

Are there any pictures of this new tamagotchi? Or any solid information? :)

Well, earlier it was confirmed to just be a crappy iPhone app that's based on the P1 series, and also a clothing line aimed towards the "XD IM SUCH A NERD!!!" Crowd

Sorry.. I'm just bitter about this thing, :/

sonicfan253

• sonicfan253 user photo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:12 PM ( #424 )

I don't like kids that walk around in school wearing stupid poorly-ironed on promotion art t-shirts. Seriously, do people even know what they are doing when they slap...say, Mario or Sonic on a shirt?

My friend has a very...colorful variety of Phineas and Ferb and Mario shirts. And I don't even think he knows when the Mario art on his shirt was made. 1992.

Chry

• chry user photo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:03 PM ( #425 )

Well, earlier it was confirmed to just be a crappy iPhone app that's based on the P1 series, and also a clothing line aimed towards the "XD IM SUCH A NERD!!!" Crowd

Sorry.. I'm just bitter about this thing, :/

Oh dear...Talk about lame lol.
Here I was hoping for a brand new tama D:

Ah well, Tamagotchi P next month lol

Dizzie

• dizzie user photo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:50 PM ( #426 )

Part of me wants to say to give the company the cold soldier that is putting out all this commercial crap, but I kinda know if it sells bad that will strengthen bandai's reserve to not release any more tama's in the US.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:01 AM ( #427 )

Well, if TamaLIFE sells well, Bandai America will just think that people don't care about new Tamagotchis and just want vintage garbage. :(

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:12 AM ( #428 )

Brand new Tamagotchi or reissues of the old ones. I really don't care which. I just want to be able to walk into a Wal Mart or Toys R Us and buy a Tamagotchi again. I currently don't own any. I've pretty much given up hope on finding the ones that were lost. I want a Tamagotchi again. Online ordering isn't really an option for me.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:54 AM ( #429 )

My veiw... The clothing line does well. (one could hope) the better, the larger chance Bandai America will make a new tama. Might not be color but anything at this point would probably be accepted. The Tamawalkie hasn't arrived, that could be better then letting things go. The other japanese items in Black and White could be nice too... Profy, the Pink Phone... The random computer things every show seems to have. (that I watch, some are quite fun)

I still find Music Stars... Not Tama-go. Its like Tamas never left somedays in the amount of Music Stars. Usually the Black shell in a bundle pack.

I am waiting for the holiday fever to come and something to be queitly released. Even if its a playset for the tama-go figures...

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:01 PM ( #430 )

I agree. If the clothing line does well then Bandai America might see how popular Tamagotchi is and release a new version or at the very least reissue the originals as a sort of nostalgiac item. I still haven't totally given up hope on a new Tamagotchi. The Tama L.I.F.E thing was announced at a licensing show. Toys aren't usually announced at Licensing shows. They usually save toy announcements for Toy Fair. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a new Tamagotchi announced at Toy Fair early next year.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:00 PM ( #431 )

I am bias against this product line I'll say, why? Because well, I'm not a fan of the entire tamagotchi brand.

I don't like the vintage series. Simple as that. I didn't grow up with it at all.

I grew up with the connection series, and well, currently I'm a huge fan of the Tamagotchi! anime series and the Anime related merchendise. Without those things, well, I won't be interested in L.I.F.E

I want us to have the same things as BanDai Japan does for the series, not some cheap stupid "LOL RETRO!!!" Crap that's "In" right now.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:14 AM ( #432 )

I didn't grow up with vintage Tamagotchi either. In fact I was somewhere in the vicinity of 18-20 when Tamagotchi came out so Tamagotchi wasn't a part of my childhood in any form. And yet if I could go back to any period in time I wouldn't go back to the 80s when I grew up, I'd go back to the late 90's to very early 00's when things like Furby and Tamagotchi were everywhere. Those were probably the times when I had the most fun. I love Connections too and I think Bandai would do well to release a new and improved Tamagotchi the way Hasbro has done with Furby, but I have a lot of respect for the vintage as well. It was the vintage that started it all.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:26 AM ( #433 )

It's the least they can do. Tamagotchi is not a very strong product for Bandai America. But for Bandai Japan, they consider Tamagotchi as a main company for them. It seems like Bandai America just doesn't care about it anymore. I hate to be negative. Btw guys, you have to remember that Bandai America probably did this for us. They may have even viewed this topic. Seeing many people who disliked this idea, may have been the reason they shut it down. It may be the end...since they don't have any plans right now.

Edited by tamatown123, 26 October 2012 - 06:48 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:52 AM ( #434 )

Just a reminder for people who do not have time to backread...

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is a proposed line of lifestyle products by Sync Beatz Entertainment. Bandai America has given them permission to use the Tamagotchi brand in these products.

It's just tiring to see some repeated posts which are totally unrelated.

Is it a new Tamagotchi toy? No. It's a set of lifestyle products.

I don't mean to step on somebody's toes, but if anyone still wants to discuss the things they'd expect Bandai America to do/what they should do, this is not the appropriate thread - I'd suggest make a new one for it. :)

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 26 October 2012 - 09:03 AM.

• tamatown123 likes this

othercents

• othercents user photo

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:23 AM ( #435 )

Why would they produce a lifestyle product without having a product? Especially if the market that remembers Tamagotchi wouldn't ever wear a lifestyle product like that. Typically you would have a lifestyle product release at the same time as the primary product that they are going to sell. The only thing we don't know is if Bandai America is planning to release a Tamagotchi.

tamafan325

• tamafan325 user photo

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:09 AM ( #436 )

HI! :)
I'm new here, I created an acount 15-30 minutes ago.
But what I also want to say is: Wow! A new tamagotchi!? Sounds great! But I hope the new tama has the option to keep a pet like bagubagutchi like on the ID and ID L, I also hope it's gonna be launched international and not only in Japan like the ID and ID L, I was lucky to get an ID L on the internet from Germany :) now i'm wondering which characters it will have and how many.

Edited by tamafan325, 27 October 2012 - 11:10 AM.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:49 AM ( #437 )

HI! :)
I'm new here, I created an acount 15-30 minutes ago.
But what I also want to say is: Wow! A new tamagotchi!? Sounds great! But I hope the new tama has the option to keep a pet like bagubagutchi like on the ID and ID L, I also hope it's gonna be launched international and not only in Japan like the ID and ID L, I was lucky to get an ID L on the internet from Germany :) now i'm wondering which characters it will have and how many.

Hello! Welcome to TamaTalk!
I just wanted to say that if you scroll up a bit you can see Ichiro's post - Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is a proposed line of lifestyle products by Sync Beatz Entertainment. Bandai America has given them permission to use the Tamagotchi brand in these products.
So it is not a Tamagotchi Toy, but it is a line of lifestyle products. :) This is only in America.

Edited by tamatown123, 27 October 2012 - 11:50 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:55 PM ( #438 )

I suppose I should post a reminder every page --- and maybe use larger fonts LOL :P

Yes, we have yet to hear from Bandai America if they're still planning to release a new toy.
  • tamatown123 likes this

tamafan325

• tamafan325 user photo

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:58 AM ( #439 )

Hello! Welcome to TamaTalk!
I just wanted to say that if you scroll up a bit you can see Ichiro's post - Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is a proposed line of lifestyle products by Sync Beatz Entertainment. Bandai America has given them permission to use the Tamagotchi brand in these products.
So it is not a Tamagotchi Toy, but it is a line of lifestyle products. :) This is only in America.

what?

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:43 AM ( #440 )

what?

Yes, it is hard to believe that this is not a Tamagotchi, but a line of clothes...O.O
..clothes.
Posted Image.
Do you like them? :3