Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:52 AM ( #441 )

I think someone should edit the title of this topic, since that the title is SUPER misleading. ^^;
  • ichiro.malfoy likes this

tamafan325

• tamafan325 user photo

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:58 AM ( #442 )

Yes, it is hard to believe that this is not a Tamagotchi, but a line of clothes...O.O
..clothes.
Posted Image.
Do you like them? :3

with 'what?' i meant i didn't understand what you said, lol

Edited by tamafan325, 28 October 2012 - 08:58 AM.

• tamatown123 likes this

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:03 AM ( #443 )

with 'what?' i meant i didn't understand what you said, lol

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is not a new Tamagotchi toy.

It is a proposed line of lifestyle products (clothes, accessories, furnishings etc) which is made by Sync Beatz Entertainment, similar to the pictures posted above..

This is Tamagotchi L.i.f.e:

Posted Image

and this...

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 28 October 2012 - 11:13 AM.

• tamatown123 likes this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:04 PM ( #444 )

http://i46.tinypic.com/4vibfs.png
New logo. There are two articles saying there is a new Tamagotchi range of products coming out!

Credit goes to +Mametchi+ for finding this one:
Apparel, gifts, beauty and publishing lines to launch, branded Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.
http://www.licensing...tchis-US-return

Credit goes to Tama-Star_Girl for finding this one:
Bandai Co., Ltd. to Launch New Lifestyle Product Line Based on Tamagotchi® Brand in the U.S.
http://eon.businessw...120522006230/en

What do you guys think? Personally, I think this is a great concept from the little things they have said, however the new logo design is bit more girly then I would like it to be. It hasn't said, "A new way for girls to play!" though which is awesome! Haha. In the second article they also said, “This is the right time to expand the Tamagotchi personality and experience into the daily lifestyle of the original fan base,” I wonder what that could mean! lol, I'm quite excited now. :)

This might help you out a bit as well. I think a Guide changed a bit of the topic. :)

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:31 PM ( #445 )

All I'm seeing in the new clothes, is punk (which Tamagotchis were never intended to be this way), and a bunch of pixelized skulls and hearts. NOTHING to do with Tamagotchis. Welp, time to move to Japan.
  • Amat Gotchi and bluegreen like this

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:41 PM ( #446 )

Welp, time to move to Japan.

I feel the same exact way ;_;

steenie

• steenie user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:56 PM ( #447 )

it's not punk at all.....more like LAME.

tamalover207

• tamalover207 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:03 PM ( #448 )

SQUEEE! i am soooooo happy! i guess all those "together we can save tamagotchi" pics and fan letters really helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh yayyyyyyyyy! :o :D ^_^ :) ;) :wub: :lol: :blink:

othercents

• othercents user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:28 PM ( #449 )

Helped what? For Bandai America to produce an App? I really like the standalone device because it is hard to differentiate between all the alarms I get on my phone now.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:27 PM ( #450 )

Ugh, people still don't realize this is not a new tamagotchi and more like a way to exploit the stupid "LOL RETRO!! IM A NERD XD" market?

Speaking of this horrid crime against humanity, whatever happened to Tamagotchi L.I.F.E?
  • The Ultimate Doomer likes this

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:12 PM ( #451 )

Helped what? For Bandai America to produce an App? I really like the standalone device because it is hard to differentiate between all the alarms I get on my phone now.

Helped nothing. They just misunderstood the thread for being a new Tamagotchi toy - some people just couldn't find time to read.

Ugh, people still don't realize this is not a new tamagotchi... and more like a way to exploit the stupid "LOL RETRO!! IM A NERD XD" market?

Speaking of this horrid crime against humanity, whatever happened to Tamagotchi L.I.F.E?

Still no news so far.

Do I have to post the reminder again? LOL

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 29 October 2012 - 06:32 PM.

• tamatown123 and The Ultimate Doomer like this

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:52 PM ( #452 )

I'll do it for you. You need a break. :)
Is it a new Tamagotchi toy? No. It's a set of lifestyle products.
  • The Ultimate Doomer and ichiro.malfoy like this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:09 AM ( #453 )

They've been milking the 80s nostalgia market with both hands for close to a decade now. And a lot of stuff from the 80s sucks. And I say this as someone who grew up in the 80s. It's about time they started moving on to the 90s. I'd much rather see Tamagotchi related merchandise than the umpteenth GI Joe or Thundercats T-Shirt. I'd wear Tamagotchi T-Shirts if they made them for guys. I wouldn't be caught dead in a Thundercats shirt.

Savy's forum account

• savys-forum-account user photo

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:29 PM ( #454 )

am I the only one who thinks they just scrapped it? I don't know it just seems like it too me since they haven't said anything about it since June...

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:56 PM ( #455 )

am I the only one who thinks they just scrapped it? I don't know it just seems like it too me since they haven't said anything about it since June...

Hmm... I've been thinking of something, maybe they'll release this "brilliant" thing during tamagotchi's Birthday..

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:44 AM ( #456 )

Hmm... I've been thinking of something, maybe they'll release this "brilliant" thing during tamagotchi's Birthday..

My guess is that they will release it around New Year or the 16th (or are we on the 17th?) anniversary of Tamagotchi.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:00 PM ( #457 )

They can read all of these comments guys. All of the negativity can really move a company not to complete purposed items. If not enough people are supporting a "purposed" idea... Why should they be released? I know you guys are wanting a tama but this was only an "idea" convention to say it for the millionth time.

They know we want a tama and I am sure they know we want color. Joining with Sync, they have someone in America who knows the trends better for chance... The headphones are $200, and they still sell many of them. This sort of backing behind a tamagotchi, killer profit. If they joined to create a tama, they get help paying for the cost of making these. I know many products in Bandai America's wing, Power Rangers in particular, are the same things as the 90's toys, just probably in a better mold... Molds are cheap, digital parts get costly because you need to program them. Sync can probably be a huge help if they go in that direction.

To make a point... To complain on a purposed thing and tamatown... It sounds like an awful lot of complaining to an adult. To put it simple.

{end grumpy rant}

othercents

• othercents user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:33 PM ( #458 )

FYI. Sync Beatz was part of the Animé Expo Los Angeles Fashion Show on July 1st. Bandai American, Inc. was also part of the Animé Expo Los Angeles Expo on 7/4 - 7/7.

You can check the Sync Beatz website (http://www.syncbeatz.com/) for the press release and pictures, however I don't think we have more information than what has already been presented.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:42 PM ( #459 )

You know, honestly, the only way I'd find this thing acceptable is if the L.I.F.E brand is for the.. uh "Adults" while BanDai themselves work on some sort of new toy for the kids(and fans, of course.)

That's what I'm hoping for at least.. I only wish for the anime to be released. With the fact that you mentioned that Sync Beatz was at a anime expo and, later on bandai, that brings some hope.. Though, do you know what exactly they were there for? Can you link me where you found the news about that? Thanks. :)

Edited by DJYellow22, 01 November 2012 - 12:43 PM.

othercents

• othercents user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:51 PM ( #460 )

The forth picture on the Sync Beatz website (http://www.syncbeatz.com/) has a caption:

Fans of Kapi•Bara•San, the cute, or Kawaii (as known in Japanese culture) fan favorite, showcased their unique interpretations of the popular brand at the Animé Expo Los Angeles Fashion Show yesterday (July 1st), with two of the models wearing full Kapi•Bara•San kigurumi (character costumes).

On the Animé Expo Los Angeles website there is an exhibitor list (http://www.anime-exp...-expo/exhibits/) which lists Bandai America, Inc. There is also a Bandai Visual, but I don't think they are related. Sync Beatz is not part of the exhibitor list.

EDIT: Also note that the SyncBeatz website under Press Release you have this statement:

Among the key drivers supporting the brand launch will be a range of digital media, including apps and Webisodes, providing a whole new level of interactivity and social media connection for Tamagotchi fans all over the world. The agency is reviewing several prospective apps including role-playing, strategy puzzle and other genres of casual games based on the characters of the original Tamagotchi property. It is also looking at multiple genres for its Webisodes, including live action and animation, which will provide a unique focus on fashion, lifestyle and cultural trends relevant to consumers.

Other

Edited by othercents, 01 November 2012 - 12:54 PM.