Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:01 PM ( #461 )

The forth picture on the Sync Beatz website (http://www.syncbeatz.com/) has a caption:

Fans of Kapi•Bara•San, the cute, or Kawaii (as known in Japanese culture) fan favorite, showcased their unique interpretations of the popular brand at the Animé Expo Los Angeles Fashion Show yesterday (July 1st), with two of the models wearing full Kapi•Bara•San kigurumi (character costumes).

On the Animé Expo Los Angeles website there is an exhibitor list (http://www.anime-exp...-expo/exhibits/) which lists Bandai America, Inc. There is also a Bandai Visual, but I don't think they are related. Sync Beatz is not part of the exhibitor list.
EDIT: Also note that the SyncBeatz website under Press Release you have this statement:

Among the key drivers supporting the brand launch will be a range of digital media, including apps and Webisodes, providing a whole new level of interactivity and social media connection for Tamagotchi fans all over the world. The agency is reviewing several prospective apps including role-playing, strategy puzzle and other genres of casual games based on the characters of the original Tamagotchi property. It is also looking at multiple genres for its Webisodes, including live action and animation, which will provide a unique focus on fashion, lifestyle and cultural trends relevant to consumers.

Other

Hmm, hmm... Well, those all seem unrelated. None of them really have to do with each other... BanDai makes plenty of other animes, so that doesn't mean it's related to Tamagotchi.

Though, i remember hearing about webisodes and the like.. I really do wonder what those would be about. Personally of course, I'm hoping for it to be the anime release in the form of online episodes. But that doesn't seem likely, considering that this brand is focusing on the vintage era apparently. Although, the costumed mametchi is from the anime series.)

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:14 PM ( #462 )

I thought they were releasing the webisodes of tamagotchi on youtube....? English, because I remember someone calling Mametchi ... Ash, for the voice actor being the same....

The bottom part makes me think of a color tama being on a phone. Simmilar to the devil that has been around. Then turning it into some adventure simmilar to the tamawalkie... The further, the more stuff you unlock. But Its just what I think... It would be a great surprise to have out for an app by Christmas....

Instead of late Summer or Early Fall release... A quiet Winter Release in the heat of a shopping holiday? I say very probable to happen and if not, I will eat myself a bar of soap. (Not really, but you get the picture)

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:48 PM ( #463 )

I thought they were releasing the webisodes of tamagotchi on youtube....? English, because I remember someone calling Mametchi ... Ash, for the voice actor being the same....

There's another anime, one that has been airing in Japan since 2009. It has over 150 episodes right now.

othercents

• othercents user photo

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:03 PM ( #464 )

I don't really like that they are reviewing apps of other genres instead of just building a tamagotchi app. I would be willing to believe that the Tamagotchians (is that us?) would pay for a well made app with features similar to the iD L, but also maybe a choice of playing the vintage games. Shoot maybe if they made an app with all the original Tamagotchi versions (pre-connect) we would pay for it. They could even release a free P1 app that you can do an in app purchase for other versions. Now I think that is a winning combination.

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:10 PM ( #465 )

What I don't understand is that tamatalk has been the #1 forum for tamagotchi, thousands of active members. Bandai is VERY aware of this site and the fact that bandai doesn't get ideas on what they should make next from here. Do they even pay attention to the fans at all? I doubt it.

SailorRosette

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:08 AM ( #466 )

There's another anime, one that has been airing in Japan since 2009. It has over 150 episodes right now.

Yes... I have the song stuck in my head. I thought I saw them, its always possible youtube deleted them. They are so picky anymore about somethings...

As I said... Complaining will get us nothing if we keep it up.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:28 AM ( #467 )

Yes... I have the song stuck in my head. I thought I saw them, its always possible youtube deleted them. They are so picky anymore about somethings...

As I said... Complaining will get us nothing if we keep it up.

To be fair though, the newest episodes from japan are up online at a wesbite called nosub.tv . So, even if it's never dubbed, i can still watch it.

WarOmnimon

• waromnimon user photo

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:45 PM ( #468 )

My guess as to why Bandai America isn't really focusing too much on Tamagotchi as of right now, is because of the upcoming Power Rangers Megaforce toyline. It seems that a lot of their effort is going towards that, and it does make sense considering it is the 20th anniversary for Power Rangers.

But still, in my book it isn't wise to leave the other stuff (Such as Tamagotchi in this case) untouched, because then people could lose interest and there won't be the market for those products anymore.

I can say that even if Bandai America has left Tamagotchi for the time being, we're not too far off from a new Digimon toyline as there is a new Digimon TV show coming in 2013, so I'm still hopeful that they'll do something. After all, Digimon partially spawned from the popularity of Tamagotchi... ^_^

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:49 PM ( #469 )

But will the Digimon toyline be actual virtual pets or just action figures and things like that? I'd love to see them bring back an updated version of the Digimon virtual pets but the days when I cared about action figures and other things like that are long gone. I'm a huge TMNT fan for example, but I have no interest in collecting the toys. All my toy money these days goes toward electronic pets.

SailorRosette

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:25 PM ( #470 )

But alas Digimon continuation for the digivice is stuck on color again yes?
Power Rangers in reruns with splashy comic stuff. Reused stuff I remember from my childhood. My friend had everything... They might be repainted/remolded... Etc.

I hope they come up with a surprise for us in America. I am just crossing my fingers for more then what they sorta announced. I am ust trying to be peitient for what maybe released. This point, any tama might be acceptable from many users who are unhappy with Bandai America. A nano or tamawalkie I think would be nice and fairly simple to release here.
  • robodog and Purimatchi! like this

WarOmnimon

• waromnimon user photo

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:09 AM ( #471 )

Just a quick reply in regards to the whole Digimon thing.

I'm pretty sure there will be a new handheld of some kind to go with Digimon Fusion, as there is a Digivice in the show (Digimon Xros Loader as it is called in Japan). I'm guessing there will be drastic changes from the Japanese version though, as it had both a color screen and SD card / MP3 player capacity.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:20 PM ( #472 )

But alas Digimon continuation for the digivice is stuck on color again yes?
Power Rangers in reruns with splashy comic stuff. Reused stuff I remember from my childhood. My friend had everything... They might be repainted/remolded... Etc.
I hope they come up with a surprise for us in America. I am just crossing my fingers for more then what they sorta announced. I am ust trying to be peitient for what maybe released. This point, any tama might be acceptable from many users who are unhappy with Bandai America. A nano or tamawalkie I think would be nice and fairly simple to release here.

I'm the same way. I've probably said this a hundred times but I'm still hoping some kind of new Tamagotchi will be announced at Toy Fair in February. This Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. thing was announced at a licensing show. Toys aren't usually announced at those kinds of things. If nothing is announced at Toy Fair I'll probably give up hope for a new American Tama in the forseeable future. I may not like the direction Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is taking but it does give me hope for a new Tamagotchi. Why create merchandise based around a toy that isn't even on store shelves? I have to think Bandai might yet have something up their sleeve.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:25 PM ( #473 )

I just want the anime dubbed at least. >.>

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:10 PM ( #474 )

I haven't been on here in months, and I come back to find no news regarding Tamagotchi L.I.F.E... not that I want news on Tamagotchi L.I.F.E anyway, since it looks just horrible :P

Anyway, this is totally like Bandai to do this. I must have been... about half a year since Tamagotchi L.I.F.E was announced. Judging by the lack of news, they've either moved on to other things, as per usual, since Bandai has a habit of prioritising other products instead of the production of new Tamagotchi products... or they've scrapped the idea completely. This is kind of a reminiscent of Tamagotchi Music Star: World Tour Edition, I suppose.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:35 PM ( #475 )

Oh, I completely forgot about the MS: WTE! Man, I was sooo excited about it, and soo disappointed when it ended up as... either fake idea or just cancelled one, I don't remember.

Sigh... Reminds me times when tama forums were more active.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:17 AM ( #476 )

I just want the anime dubbed at least. >.>

The first 26 episodes have been dubbed to English and the reruns are being shown on TV, but only here in Australia and not in America. The show first started airing here since the end of 2010, but there's still no sign of more episodes being dubbed, released in America, or put on DVD. It's a shame, really. And what's more, it's on at 5:30am in the morning so lots of people can't be bothered to watch it...but at least I recorded all the episodes. :P TamaLIFE doesn't promise anything about the anime. x_x

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:21 AM ( #477 )

I thought this was going to have stuff like Makiko/Memetchi curlers, the pink scarf that Kuromametchi wears, even a plain T-Shirt with a Tamagotchi Logo on..

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:45 PM ( #478 )

Makiko and Kuromametchi aren't "vintage".

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:41 PM ( #479 )

Makiko and Kuromametchi aren't "vintage".

Yup, they are not. Btw, I thought that they were going to have those kind of stuff before I found out vintage stuff are going to be in it..XD

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:45 AM ( #480 )

In Japan, they DO have stuff like Tamagotchi shampoo and clothes and stuff like that, but it's actually FUN stuff. You know, bright and colorful with pictures of the anime characters. TamaLIFE, however, is boring and the closest it gets to Tamagotchi is having a pixelated skull on a shirt X_X Lol, I found some Mametchi-shaped containers of bath salt on an online Japanese store XD