Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:07 AM ( #501 )

Not a very good product.

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:53 AM ( #502 )

I'm still sticking with it being a new tama for the following reasons
1. L.I.f.e. is not run by bandi so it won't mean that.
2. Why would they relese a figure / accessory say for the Tama_go as it is the most recent but was released such a long time ago and it was a flop so why waste money on a failed product?

Therefore I predict new tama for 2013 :)

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:04 AM ( #503 )

I'm still sticking with it being a new tama for the following reasons
1. L.I.f.e. is not run by bandi so it won't mean that.
2. Why would they relese a figure / accessory say for the Tama_go as it is the most recent but was released such a long time ago and it was a flop so why waste money on a failed product?
Therefore I predict new tama for 2013 :)

You know, not everything a company does ends up being so swell, I'm just saying.

However, there is a little glimmer of hope. Remember the English ID L? Those were made to test sales to see if there is a demand for them. Perhaps they did decently, and they are planning to release a English color tamagotchi here? That's very wishful thinking, but who knows.

Even so, with that possibility, I still think Tamagotchi LIFE is horrible, and quite frankly, I don't think it'll attract anybody to it, so.. Yeah,a huge waste of money!

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:13 AM ( #504 )

However, there is a little glimmer of hope. Remember the English ID L? Those were made to test sales to see if there is a demand for them. Perhaps they did decently, and they are planning to release a English color tamagotchi here? That's very wishful thinking, but who knows.

That market test is being conducted by Bandai Asia and not America.

riririn

• riririn user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:41 AM ( #505 )

They disabled comments on the youtube video lol

But the website is final online and its every bit as bad as the video
http://tamagotchilife.com/

They aso say this in the FAQ so all is no bleak
Will there be a new Tamagotchi toy in the U.S. anytime soon?
Bandai, the company responsible for the sale of over 78 million Tamagotchis since its November 23, 1996 debut in Japan, considers Tamagotchi a core brand and priority. Bandai is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy.

here is the world premier "episode"
epic fail.

http://www.youtube.c...&v=TVc-_jkLz6A#!

Posted Image
  • joshnemo, robodog, Orandatchi and 3 others like this

steenie

• steenie user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:51 AM ( #506 )

^^^ i would've done that but i have a new laptop :P
  • Purimatchi! likes this

booboo1

• booboo1 user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:56 AM ( #507 )

oh my god no why how no

but seriously im not giving up yet, i signed up to get email offers and im gonna get the app when it comes out. maybe the app wont be too bad??

i don't know, just trying to keep up a bit of hope here. unu
  • Purimatchi! likes this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:03 AM ( #508 )

That market test is being conducted by Bandai Asia and not America.

Then I guess all hope is lost : o

Oh well, just keep on supporting bandai Japan's far superior efforts. BanDai America messed up by going with these.. These sync beatz people.. So, yeah, they kind of deserve this backlash

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:14 AM ( #509 )

What I don't understand is that tamatalk has been the #1 forum for Tamagotchi thousands of active members. Bandai is VERY aware of this site and the fact that bandai doesn't get ideas on what they should make next from here. Do they even pay attention to the fans at all? I doubt it.

Just because we're 18+ now doesn't mean we want to wear a bunch of terrible clothing, and not everyone has or wants an android phone. Sorry but I'll stick to virtual pets, and thankfully to bandai japan who finally started to release English versions of their new models. at least SOMEONE gets it. ALSO the video made it out for like 10? year olds. That was just awful. Also that gender inequality, wth? I know LOTS of boys who played with tamagotchis way more than girls back in the day, even when they came out with the Tamagotchi connection most of my friends with them were guys. This was the worst fail and the biggest waste of money. I would never in my life buy any of that garbage. Yesh i love virtual pets but no I'm not going to change my INTIRE lifestyle to look like a tamagotchi.

We are not 18+, although quite a lot of our younger members have got annoyed by people saying we are. And 10 year olds have every right to like Tamagotchi. I agree that Tamas should not become childish and ONLY for young children - but in the same way, young children should not be excluded from enjoying Tamagotchi. I agree with all you said except that, though.

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:37 AM ( #510 )

Posted Image
Sorry but when I saw that they wanted your "childhood Tamagotchi sotries" I just had to
Oh but I guess we shouldn't complain too, much, after all, they're just trying to help us be "hip and happening," you know, to keep up with the times
Posted Image
(sarcasm intended)

Edited by Brittygotchi, 21 November 2012 - 11:41 AM.

• joshnemo, Purimatchi!, tamatown123 and 2 others like this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:43 AM ( #511 )

Sorry but when I saw that they wanted your "childhood Tamagotchi sotries" I just had to

Oh my god, we should all do this.. ^^ Just to show them how really bad this is!
Edit:
Posted Image

Edited by DJYellow22, 21 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

• joshnemo, riririn, Amat Gotchi and 2 others like this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:48 AM ( #512 )

There needs to be a like button to click for Britty's post there. I'm a derp, I just saw it, lol.

Honestly I'm not a fashion person. I'll stick to my Wal-Mart clothing, thanks.

Edited by Midorime, 21 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.

• Purimatchi! and Brittygotchi like this

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:51 AM ( #513 )

Don't worry, you guys --- we still have Bandai Japan :D

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:09 PM ( #514 )

here is the world premier "episode"
epic fail.

http://www.youtube.c...&v=TVc-_jkLz6A#!

No.

Nonononononono.

What. The. Heck. Bandai America?!

What did I see? An app that looks like a pink version of the mobile Photoshop app with stickers, short shorts, poor, pathetic excuses for Tamagotchi, and some guy talking about pants.

I'm not even sure that's exactly what he was talking about, I was laughing too hard.

This is sad, Bandai America seriously thinks we we want this? That this was the Tamagotchi we were looking for? Short shorts, jackets, and webisodes about some girl and her friends?

Then those pixels they threw in, just so they could still tack on the Tamagotchi name?

Unless there's an actual physical Tamagotchi involved, I'll be sticking with Bandai Japan. They actually know what their fans want.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:30 PM ( #515 )

Okay... Well the direction seems to be a vote of no-confidance. (clothing) not my cup of tea either but...

I am looking at the stories page... They are digging for ideas. What was something you liked about the vintage tamas? Features and stuff... Maybe they will combine it into a new tama.? I see it happening, maybe not right now, but its possible. People have been petitioning to "Bring Back Vintage" (tamas) well....? Maybe they want those stories in a more formal, collected and in memorable way. if they have the proof under their nose, ideas comes easier.
  • robodog likes this

steenie

• steenie user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:45 PM ( #516 )

@britty: i was thinking that we all need to do that as well!

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:54 PM ( #517 )

They disabled comments on the youtube video lol
But the website is final online and its every bit as bad as the video
http://tamagotchilife.com/
They aso say this in the FAQ so all is no bleak
Will there be a new Tamagotchi toy in the U.S. anytime soon?
Bandai, the company responsible for the sale of over 78 million Tamagotchis since its November 23, 1996 debut in Japan, considers Tamagotchi a core brand and priority. Bandai is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy.

This sounds like there may be hope for a new US Tamagotchi afterall. As I've said before I'm hoping something will be announced at Toy Fair in February. That stories page they have may well be Bandai trying to gage the level of interest for Tamagotchi in the US as well.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:55 PM ( #518 )

Maybe they want those stories in a more formal, collected and in memorable way. if they have the proof under their nose, ideas comes easier.

This is very agreeable, although I find it questionable because if we remember correctly, Bandai America put up an online petition to release the +Color in North America. Apparently it didn't push through... I wonder how much "proof under their nose" do they actually need, considering many Tama fans have responded to it?

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:45 PM ( #519 )

We are not 18+, although quite a lot of our younger members have got annoyed by people saying we are. And 10 year olds have every right to like Tamagotchi. I agree that Tamas should not become childish and ONLY for young children - but in the same way, young children should not be excluded from enjoying Tamagotchi. I agree with all you said except that, though.

When tamagotchi FIRST came out ( p1,p2) which is who the tamagotchi l.i.f.e is targeted at are now 18+

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:45 PM ( #520 )

When tamagotchi FIRST came out ( p1,p2) which is who the tamagotchi l.i.f.e is targeted at are now 18+

18+ girls. How about us guys? :P
  • Purimatchi! likes this