Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:03 PM ( #35 )

Kinda sad, though I'm so happy! Tamagotchi should ALWAYS be on a hand-held toy like it is presently. It just keeps it a "Tamagotchi"....things on ipads and iphones to me are just silly.

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:11 PM ( #36 )

I actually do agree with you. However Bandai JP has released all of the clothes and other merchandise and they have been a big hit with the Japanese so maybe Bandai US and Bandai Europe think that it will be a big hit here to. Tamagotchi has not just been a Virtual pet since its creation though. Its also been a lot of other stuff, looking on ebay I can see mugs, stickers, books ect that say from 1998.

What are your views on this people?

-JB-

Yes, but we Americans are stubborn, stubborn people. In Japan a man who plays video games all day and is oohed and ahhed over by all females because he's got the highest score might be worshipped by other game fans, but other non-gamers would be disgusted. In Japan 70 year old women can wear sparkly pink Hello Kitty shirts and she might get nothing but complements. She wouldn't be ridiculed or anything. In America people would point and whisper and try to avoid standing near her because she's "crazy"....
And yet again, Japan is just a more open country. People can run around in TV character costumes like nobody's business, but in America, yet again, they'd be called a freak. Japan is so successful with all of their toy merchandise because the Japanese are really more into embracing their child-like side. They're not afraid of that. But lots of Americans might secretly like to be like that, yet would never admit it because they'd be made fun of.
Blah.
  • dazzilitchigirl likes this

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:54 PM ( #37 )

**SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!**** SOOOOO HAAPPPPYY THAT BANDAI HASNT GIVIN UP ON US!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDD YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!
  • kuromametchifan123, TicTax, SprinkleDough and 1 other like this

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:59 PM ( #38 )

I wouldn't get too exited. For all we know yet it could just be a lipstick and a few stickers. I think that we should all just wait and see what Namdai brings us. At least they haven't forgot about Tamagotchi and are bringing Tamagtchi related things back :P

chrispilot2293

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:03 PM ( #39 )

true... i hope its not just that...

Princess Lovelitchi

• princess-lovelitchi user photo

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:09 PM ( #40 )

I just had a thought. What if they are trying to turn Tamagotchi into something like Angry Birds? (no offense to Angry Birds fans at all, just comparing) Like, buying the tamagotchi app then wearing a tamagotchi t-shirt without even knowing what a tamagotchi really is? :o I think Tamagotchi should always be the pet, not the app. But, I guess we really won't know until June what they are doing exactly.
  • Asiangotchi likes this

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:56 AM ( #41 )

Exactly. That's what I agree with 100%. Tamagotchi has always been a VP, but in Japan it's been more. Bandai are trying to bring that over to Europe and the states. I think although it is a good idea, it wont make it much more popular.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:29 AM ( #42 )

The idea of a few tamagotchi T shirts in my wardrobe appeals to me (pixelated original Mametchi or Ginjirotchi for preference ;) ) - maybe we could persuade Sheldon Cooper to wear one in The Big Bang XD
... and maybe a tamagotchi hold all or bag - not so much for shopping or books but maybe to keep my tamagotchis in place ?
Sounds cool (and fun) to me :)

TM Edit: ... and yes, of course I would wear a tamagotchi t shirt in public!
There are Superman and Spiderman and TinTin t shirts around - why not tamagotchi shirts?? XD

What sizes will the t-shirts be in, though? XD

Anyway, I can't say for certain what I think of this until June 12-14th. They MIGHT make a new Tama...

Some of the stuff sounds cool but apps and domestic goods sound... lame. 0.o

The Ultimate Doomer

• the-ultimate-doomer user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:16 AM ( #43 )

I am, for once, in disagreement with EMF. I'm not at all excited about this...in my opinion it's defacing Tamagotchi. I'm surprised all the people who have been into Tamas since 1996 aren't being incredibly skeptical about this...because I am. It throws away everything Tamagotchi stands for, and everything in Tamagotchi that I stand for. It's supposed to be a virtual pet, not a clothing brand or anime or anything. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish the anime, movie and accessories had never happened. I got back into Tamagotchi aged 8 because I didn't want to become one of those fashion-obsessed teenage girls who gets completely ripped off by cosmetics companies - and yet Tamagotchi is turning into one of the rip-off cosmetics companies before my very eyes. Yes, it is exciting and I would love to own Tamagotchi clothes and apps and furniture, and you could argue that this new stuff is just progress, but once I drew my room with Tamagotchi furniture and me with Tamagotchi clothes, and I hated it and ripped it up. Tamagotchi should always be the pocket virtual pet...not the trendy new fashion brand.

Does anyone else feel the same way...?

Tamagotchi is drifting away from a virtual pet to something slapped across random items that are not entirely related to Tamagotchi. What if "Tamagotchi" will soon be associated with apps and goods rather than virtual pets? It does in fact seem like it's becoming one of the rip-off cosmetics companies.
  • kuromametchifan123 likes this

jcerana

• jcerana user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 04:41 AM ( #44 )

Cool! Bandai will Make Tamagotchi again!!!! Hopes that this version will be awsome and everyone will like!!!

CherubHorse

• cherubhorse user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:52 AM ( #45 )

Bandai should just listen to their customers already. I'm not so sure that if they did a poll, many consumers would ask for cosmetics....you can get every color, shape, size and flavor cosmetic on the market, so why stick Tamagotchi in there? Anyway, if there's Tamagotchi cosmetics, they'll probably be very childish. Yano, the colorless lipstick and purple powdery eyeshadow.
  • kuromametchifan123 likes this

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:54 PM ( #46 )

Reading more into it the Tamagotchi LIFE isn't a new tamagotchi and no where does it say it will be.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:44 PM ( #47 )

I thi bandai have moved onto other things now, this could be the final straw for Tamagotchi and bandai are trying to see/to please fans. It hadn't been mentioned that a new version will be released so let's not all get our hopes up untill we know for deffinate. :P

chrispilot2293

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:10 PM ( #48 )

made this Posted Image

Edited by chrispilot2293, 28 May 2012 - 03:13 PM.

• TicTax likes this

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:38 PM ( #49 )

Keep in mind; it says this 1 of the articles.

Global toyco Bandai has appointed L.A.-based Sync Beatz Entertainment

as the exclusive US licensing agent and brand manager for its

hit virtual pet-themed Tamagotchi property and is set to launch

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. (Love is Fun Everywhere), a new range of lifestyle products.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a Tamagotchi, it's a line of merchandise and lifestyle products.

• tama0424 likes this

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:41 PM ( #50 )

We know that Orandatchi, Were just hoping that maybe with all this extra stuff, it may lead to a new Tamagotchi being released. Maybe this is a test from Bandai to see if Tamagotchi is still popular before they spend money on releasing a new Tamagotchi.
  • kuromametchifan123 and tamatown123 like this

Gerbiltchi

• gerbiltchi user photo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:49 PM ( #51 )

I'm not all that excited about what these articles say Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. has to offer. At the same time, I won't be all that disappointed if they are not making a new toy. I wasn't very satisfied with anything released after the V4 in the U.S., but I'm happy that I was able to enjoy what Bandai had to offer. Getting my first Tamagotchi Connections led me to find out about the vintage Tamagotchis (and other digital pets), which I was able to enjoy. If I want to use a Tamagotchi, I know I already own a wide variety of them, and I can simply put in new batteries and use them. I know it's common for fans to want new versions of their favorite products to be released, but as we have seen, new isn't always better. Also,this still doesn't confirm that Bandai is giving up on making Tamagotchi toys, so for those of you who were looking forward to one, don't be too disappointed.