Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SodaDog

• sodadog user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:53 AM ( #661 )

Hey, i just noticed on the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E homepage about the hometown heroes thingy....

http://tamagotchilif.../denise-novack/

http://tamagotchilife.com/hero/1500/

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:10 AM ( #662 )

I think the hometown heroes idea is nice and all, but it's not tamagotchi in the slightest. Why just stick the tamagotchi brand to something like this? What does it have to do with it?
  • SodaDog likes this

meiakitty

• meiakitty user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 AM ( #663 )

I really don't like this L.I.F.E. concept to be linked to the tamagotchi brand. It has nothing to do with it.
I would justify a clothing line inspired to tamas, to include men's fashion as well, but the advertisement of business and the other stuff just sounds out of place IMHO.
I guess America is not as much into tamagotchi anymore: I see plenty of people with v2 thinking that's the last model they had made in the States....
  • Purimatchi! likes this

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:17 PM ( #664 )

Well, it wasnt meat, it was ICE CREAM!

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:21 PM ( #665 )

Well, it wasnt meat, it was ICE CREAM!

The Meat Life thing was from a youtube comment from the Londorolecasseclassynontmgc thingymajigy

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 PM ( #666 )

The Meat Life thing was from a youtube comment from the Londorolecasseclassynontmgc thingymajigy

wrong.

I cam eup with meat life. a bunch of us were in chat trying to guess what it was. I came up with it.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:44 PM ( #667 )

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but you guys might want to stay on topic. The thread's about Tamagotchi L.i.f.e., an extension of the Tamagotchi brand (despite being completely unrelated to the virtual pet concept), not about who came up with this and that. :P

Back on topic, I still can't believe Bandai gave their blessing to use the Tamagotchi name to this kind of "extension", and the over-obsession over vintages. Not that vintage Tamagotchis are bad, but they're after the vintages for the retro factor and not about the experience. Oh well.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 03 January 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:00 PM ( #668 )

wrong.

I cam eup with meat life. a bunch of us were in chat trying to guess what it was. I came up with it.

oh

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:28 PM ( #669 )

Back on topic, I still can't believe Bandai gave their blessing to use the Tamagotchi name to this kind of "extension", and the over-obsession over vintages. Not that vintage Tamagotchis are bad, but they're after the vintages for the retro factor and not about the experience. Oh well.

it is very disspointing. who and how did this even happen. was bandai all " how should we bring back tamagotchi? oh i know! CLOTHES and more junk that has nothing to do with the brand, it's brilliant!"

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:58 PM ( #670 )

You know, I would be more accepting of this brand if it included characters from the connection era. Even if its just the v1-v3, I'm cool with that!

SodaDog

• sodadog user photo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:53 AM ( #671 )

Is it me or almost all the blog posts are about fashion? this is really sending a bad consumerist message to spend spend spend.... no offence..

EDIT: i just found out that Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. is about "being fashion forward". How sexist!

Edited by SodaDog, 04 January 2013 - 11:59 AM.

• dazzilitchigirl likes this

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:03 PM ( #672 )

Yeah I don't quite get what fashion has to do with virtual pets. It seems like this L.I.F.E. Thing would fit a doll line like Barbie better than it would a virtual pet like Tamagotchi. Tamagotchi has always seemed like Science Fiction made real to me. The beginning of an age of electronic/robotic creatures existing alongside humans. Tamagotchi was a real innovation. Electronic pets had existed before. In the 80s there was the Petster line from Axlon. But Tamagotchi popularized the concept and made it more mainstream. It was the first electronic pet to really catch on. This L.I.F.E. thing just doesn't fit what Tamagotchi is about to me. Fashion has nothing to do with virtual pets. What's next? Crossdressing Furbys?
  • meiakitty and SodaDog like this

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:47 PM ( #673 )

Found this while looking through the Facebook page:

Posted ImageSarah Jean Soss Jordan. Bandai America is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy. In the interim, T-L.i.f.e. is currently developing a new App, scheduled to launch in Spring ’13, which will celebrate the brand’s legacy with a contemporary twist, and, we’re confident, will be enjoyed by everyone who’s loved Tamagotchi. Keep on coming back for updates and be the first to hear about what's coming next!

Yay!
I actually think the webisodes are getting better and better, less superficial each time. The ice cream looked really good!
But the blog is so stupid!
But it really looks like we've got a Tamagotchi coming our way!
Unfortunately I couldn't view all the stuff on the page since I don't have a Facebook. But the stuff I did see, tons of people leaving comments about wanting more Tamagotchi.

Edited by Amat Gotchi, 04 January 2013 - 11:52 PM.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:53 PM ( #674 )

Unfortunately I couldn't view all the stuff on the page since I don't have a Facebook.

You're not missing anything. ;)
  • Amat Gotchi likes this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:42 AM ( #675 )

Like I said, I wouldn't mind if the main tamagotchi series would be together with the LIFE series.. You know, us fans play with the real toys, while the LIFE brand is for the casuals. :P

And that info was posted earlier, but still, I really would appreciate a sceanario like the one I posted above.
  • robodog likes this

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:51 AM ( #676 )

Wait, there's a Facebook page for this? Wait, it has 25 THOUSAND LIKES?! *spits tea all over the laptop screen*

Okay, now that's a surprise. I really didn't think so many people liked this idea, but apparently I was wrong. Hm.

Well, I'm still looking forward to the app, anyway. It's the new year now so the app 'should' be coming soon, assuming that Sync Beatz aren't as terrible at releasing things as Bandai is.
  • Amat Gotchi likes this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:57 AM ( #677 )

I came under the conclusion that The 25 thousand likes were mostly fake accounts that are being used to help life's image. (Or maybe, random people liked it just because they "like" tamagotchi). I think this because if you look at any other tamagotchi life page, it's quite miserable looking.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:24 PM ( #678 )

25 thousand.. i'm so done

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:24 PM ( #679 )

LOL, many people don't even read what's in there. They just saw "Tamagotchi" and they're like OMG *clicks Like*. :P

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:25 PM ( #680 )

Facebook does the wonders of *ooh* le click le button
  • DJYellow22, tamatown123, ichiro.malfoy and 1 other like this