Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:32 PM ( #681 )

Heh, that's so true..

Anyway.. COMPAIRISON TIME!

https://twitter.com/mytamalife

20 followers. Most of them are business partners of LIFE. Latest tweet even has a error in the link it has to send out. Pretty much all content is vapid fashion stuff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TMGC_net

657 followers! Pretty much the entirety of them are Japanese fans with the exception of a few international followers. Followers are constantly going up, and interesting tamagotchi info related to the anime, toys, and other promotions!

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:17 PM ( #682 )

Out of all the quiz answers, how do you get around is one of them. Again, why not bother put car as something simple as a child doesn't have a airplane.

SodaDog

• sodadog user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:27 PM ( #683 )

that much likes?! that can't be!

I bet there is gonna be a hate mob flashing through facebook about tamagotchi LIFE.

they made fake accounts, WE make fake accounts to dislike it!

EDIT: their third webisode is out.

EWW!!!! I'm never eating pasta again.

Edited by SodaDog, 05 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:43 PM ( #684 )

Why am I thinking that the whole Tamagotchi LIFE thing is similar to what's going on with Devil May Cry fans.

Think about it:

Devil May Cry is getting a reboot that Capcom is trying to push so hard, and there's so much negativity about it from the fanbase. It's hopelessly going to fail, but Capcom doesn't listen and there's even a few fans who are saying "it ain't so bad"

Doesn't it sound familiar? Lel?

Edited by DJYellow22, 05 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

• joshnemo and Orandatchi like this

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:06 PM ( #685 )

hm..i hope new tamagotchi comes up soon :/ for north america

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:07 PM ( #686 )

I'm obvs not a love love love it fan.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:15 PM ( #687 )

I know it's not Tama related, but I just might have to drive up to that ice cream places to see what it's about. Looks interesting.

happiholic

• happiholic user photo

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:51 PM ( #688 )

Honestly, I don't even know what this LIFE is supposed to be anymore. Looking at their website just confused me more.
  • Purimatchi!, riririn and bluegreen like this

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:16 AM ( #689 )

I feel like all they are doing is advertising other random businesses
  • DJYellow22, Orandatchi, Purimatchi! and 4 others like this

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:49 AM ( #690 )

So... the Facebook page has 25,000 more likes than the Twitter page has followers? That doesn't sound right...

Unless...

Unless there was a Tamagotchi page on Facebook that already had tonnes of likes that's now been changed to the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E page? Or maybe it's because pages aren't advertised on Twitter like they are on Facebook?

Either way, it's strange to say the least.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:08 PM ( #691 )

Well, since that I've liked tamagotchi, I got LIFE in my recommendation bar on Facebook. Obviously, not everyone really looks at the pages, and just randomly likes things if they.. Well, "like" it.

I assume people have liked it because they are thinking "Oh tamagotchi!" And they just randomly like the LIFE page.. Not really knowing what it is. That's what Facebook is~ people are also speculating that fake accounts might be being used by sync beatz.

For the twitter page, most of the followers are business partners and people directly involved with it. INCLUDING the chief of tamagotchi for BanDai Japan. Rarely any "fans" follow it.

For the YouTube page.. Well, it isn't so hot. That's all I can say :P

Now, I'm starting to think that LIFE was BanDai Japan's idea.. I mean, after seeing some failures from BanDai America, they decided to work with it on their own. Of course, even the greats like BanDai Japan must have terrible ideas once in a while, eh?

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:23 PM ( #692 )

Isn't there some sort of sweepstakes thing going on where you have to like the page to enter? That might explain the numbers

XBlackIrisX

• xblackirisx user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM ( #693 )

Here is my 2 cents as a LONG time fan of tamas. 15 years in fact. I am a fan on the Tamagotchi Life Facebook page. Mostly to express my disappointment at how they don't listen to their fans. Do I think it's the end of the world? No. Am I slightly disgusted and confused. Yes. I am also on the page to watch and see what they do. Lot's of posts of vintage tamas, articles about makeup and the webisodes which I haven't had the chance to watch. I'm still scratching my head at what direction they are trying to go in. I just learned that this existed like 2 weeks ago. I've been busy this past summer so I missed the explosion.

As much as I am dissappointed in Bandai's decision - we still haven't see actual products quite yet. So let's give it time to see if it proves to be a good thing. I will hope for the best. But I am 25 and I would NEVER wear those clothes. Oh goodness. haha. XD

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:34 AM ( #694 )

Well I wish that they do something good. I will be extremely disappointed with Bandai if they just bring out the App and just keep that tiny game on TamaTown. I don't want that.

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:01 PM ( #695 )

Well I wish that they do something good. I will be extremely disappointed with Bandai if they just bring out the App and just keep that tiny game on TamaTown. I don't want that.

Agreed 100%. I don't have a smart device, and nor do many people. Only providing an app would be kind of a bad move (directed to rich, valley-girl-type 20-year olds) on their part.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:30 AM ( #696 )

Isn't there some sort of sweepstakes thing going on where you have to like the page to enter? That might explain the numbers

Yes, and that's one reason why I liked their page. And apparently I won one of the weekly drawings. I sent in my address, so I'll just keep an eye out if anything comes in the mail.

TheRoyalBanana

• theroyalbanana user photo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:08 PM ( #697 )

Oh god Bandai why...im not even sure what they are offering..i mean..clothes? an app? makeup? how to get snow cream?

And an app?! i dont want an app...

but lets see where this goes im not fully writing it off :wacko:

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:24 PM ( #698 )

This doesn't make sense anymore, honestly
what is Tamagotchi LIFE trying to do?

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:36 AM ( #699 )

I can't believe that this topic is still alive. :P

Sabaith

• sabaith user photo

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM ( #700 )

Kill me now...