Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

King Tamachi

• king-tamachi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:56 PM ( #841 )

I don't know if I missed something or not, but how do we know the app will be an actual pet? By looking at their website, it's all about about fashion and REMEMBERING the old tamagotchis... I don't think the app will be much diferent from the website, unless I missed something.

ksh12july34

• ksh12july34 user photo

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:40 PM ( #842 )

If you check out the blog they're posting pictures of the app and it looks like a vintage tama only i color. Idk how it'll work but seems like an actual tamagotchi :)

King Tamachi

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:51 PM ( #843 )

If you check out the blog they're posting pictures of the app and it looks like a vintage tama only i color. Idk how it'll work but seems like an actual tamagotchi :)

Ok, just checked out the site and it looks like a tama! Hopefully it won cost too much, maybe even free!

Conando

• conando user photo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:40 AM ( #844 )

It also seems like they added more minigames than just that simple left or right game from the original P1 Tamagotchi. I can certainly get behind that.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:55 AM ( #845 )

I do really hope it will be free, at least for couple of days... I really can't put any money on my android/google play account.

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 AM ( #846 )

So... they're more or less rewriting the GameBoy 1997 Tamagotchi game to run on a smartphone?
  • Tama-Star_Girl likes this

sk1tt135

• sk1tt135 user photo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:27 AM ( #847 )

Seems that way... I think it's a good thing. Making tamagotchi more available to a wider range of people. Not that I have a smart phone that could run the app, but whatever. Seems like a good idea to me.

Gerbiltchi

• gerbiltchi user photo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:04 PM ( #848 )

I'm really looking forward to the app. I've been waiting for a vintage Tamagotchi app for the iPhone for almost two years! Looks like there will finally be one. :D

TamaTamatchi

• tamatamatchi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 PM ( #849 )

Guys it's planned to be released in Spring this year...... but anyways more news -

Posted Image
Heres something they've kept for awhile, but its pretty cute. They have an album on Facebook where it's all vintage characters and a little information on it, really cute here are some other ones:

Posted Image
Maskutchi
Posted Image
Kutchipatchi
Posted Image
Kutchitamatchi
Posted Image
Marutchi
Posted Image
Tarakotchi
Posted Image
Mametchi
Posted Image
And the best for last......Tamatchi! C:

-TamaTamatchi
  • Tama-Star_Girl likes this

WarOmnimon

• waromnimon user photo

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 PM ( #850 )

Just checked the recent updates, and the app does seem to be a remix of the G1 Tamagotchi with new features, included but probably not limited to...

-Color pixels
-Unlockable wallpapers and color schemes
-More games
-Collection archive to keep track of previously raised characters
-Retro mode

I'm still hoping for added characters and / or updates that add more versions or characters, but I am locking this in as a day one purchase (Or download if it turns out to be free) on my iPad. It's a good thing I got an iTunes gift card recently and still have plenty of money left over. :lol:
  • King Tamachi likes this

anzfalcontchi

• anzfalcontchi user photo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:51 AM ( #851 )

Hello! Good evening everyone!

Sorry, I've been extremely busy... So happy to log in before I go to bed tonight! I don't know if I'm allowed to say the exact date of the app launch but all I can say is "VERY SOON". I already saw and played the app because we filmed the commercial and it is a toy, inspired by the original vintage Tamagotchi but upgraded more options and customization. (You can see screen prints of it on the TL blog) I know there's a free version and 99cents without ads.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:14 PM ( #852 )

Hello! Good evening everyone!

Sorry, I've been extremely busy... So happy to log in before I go to bed tonight! I don't know if I'm allowed to say the exact date of the app launch but all I can say is "VERY SOON". I already saw and played the app because we filmed the commercial and it is a toy, inspired by the original vintage Tamagotchi but upgraded more options and customization. (You can see screen prints of it on the TL blog) I know there's a free version and 99cents without ads.

._. why would there be ads on a tamagotchi.

Savy~

• savy user photo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:46 PM ( #853 )

I still have mixed feelings for Tamagotchi LIFE and the app. I personal like taking care of a plastic egg then a app device tho

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:58 PM ( #854 )

Orandatchi, there have to be ads on apps because programming isn't free.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:59 PM ( #855 )

._. why would there be ads on a tamagotchi.

They should at least earn extra funds so that they could keep the app going - similar as to why TamaTalk also has ads. :)

King Tamachi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:03 PM ( #856 )

Someone might have mentioned this before but anyway... I found this on the tamagotchi l.i.f.e. website, und FAQ:

Will there be a new Tamagotchi toy in the U.S. anytime soon?
Bandai, the company responsible for the sale of over 78 million Tamagotchis since its November 23, 1996 debut in Japan, considers Tamagotchi a core brand and priority. Bandai is planning an exciting re-launch of Tamagotchi product timed to fit in with a dynamic new strategy.

I dont know if the 'dynamic new strategy' means the app, but it sounds interesting,,.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:10 PM ( #857 )

It doesn't really feel all much like Tamagotchi when you have ads though ._.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM ( #858 )

It doesn't really feel all much like Tamagotchi when you have ads though ._.

She mentioned an ad-free version for 99 cents. :)

TamaTamatchi

• tamatamatchi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:44 PM ( #859 )

Posted Image

A little sneak peak for you guys. It's in color, and it looks like its the layout of the P1 and P2. Meh I hope it has more features, on the bottom it says "just like the tamagotchi, but better" or something like that.....hm......

OH and it's confirmed, they will be using the blue one as the app button. :)

- TamaTamatchi

LeaChaos

• leachaos user photo

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:41 PM ( #860 )

Tamagotchi Life seems like an o.k. idea. It's kinda cute and I like how they're using all the original tama characters.
The app seems like it's going to be really cute, but alas, I can't take part in it. (way out of date cell phone and ipod)