Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Tamagotchi L.I.F.E, New from Bandai

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

anzfalcontchi

• anzfalcontchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:45 PM ( #732 )

I do believe you should get a tamagotchi p's by the way, they really are cute, and maybe even posting about them on your personal blog or twitter would be cool.

I do believe you should get a tamagotchi p's by the way, they really are cute, and maybe even posting about them on your personal blog or twitter would be cool.

Yes! I wanna get a Tamagotchi P Love and Melody set soon! Still don't know if I should just order them at TamaDepa or I'll wait, since I might visit Japan on June. Yes, I'm actually plan to make a video for my personal channel or blog talking about Tamagotchi's I own.
  • DJYellow22 likes this

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 PM ( #733 )

So do you have any ideas about this new app? Wil it be simmilar to the older Tamagotchi App?
Have they considered on remaking/recreating the older mobile cell phone games? Like the Devilgotch or Angelgotch simmilators?

Beagee

• beagee user photo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:56 PM ( #734 )

Hi Bea!

Thank you so much for your kind words, I really appreciate it! It's really geared to the fans who grew up playing Tamagotchi because right now we only have license to the digital characters... I have no control with the show we have a director and script writer, even my personal friend and family think I host a kids show! Hahaha But no offense taken at all, I hope the webisodes improve more and also Syncbeats could get the license for the anime characters soon. Yes! Let's all hope for the best a brand a products that all of us can enjoy!

You're very welcome, it's clear you're very dedicated to this project and I definitely appreciate that. I know you don't have much say in the script and such and I think you do your best with the material. I don't think the material matches the demographic, we're adults now. But you do your best and that's all we can ask of you.

You should definitely check out the P's, they're so cute and so much fun. And I look forward to seeing your collection! ^-^
  • Purimatchi! likes this

anzfalcontchi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:58 PM ( #735 )

I would also like to apologize if some of my statements appeared too harsh, it's just that I am firmly stating my opinion.

As a Tamagotchi male fan, I was part of the demographic that was completely singled out by the L.i.f.e. concept, and similar to Beagee, I have no idea in which direction this brand is going into. And based on the webisodes, I'm somewhat questioning how Tamagotchi-related they are. We got somewhat confused.

You don't have to apologize for being honest, I know all of you are clueless of what it is all about.

I'm really sorry about that, I hope my recent post on why its geared to women was already explained. This will expand the way we wanted, but this campaign needs support.

Tamagotchi LIFE right now is a lifestyle brand with the Tamagotchi digital characters(We only have license on those)
  • Purimatchi! likes this

anzfalcontchi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 PM ( #736 )

So do you have any ideas about this new app? Wil it be simmilar to the older Tamagotchi App?
Have they considered on remaking/recreating the older mobile cell phone games? Like the Devilgotch or Angelgotch simmilators?

No, I have no clue to be honest on what the app look like or what it actually is. All I know Namco-Bandai Japan is already working on it.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:06 PM ( #737 )

Heh, it's fine if you are not able to. ^^;

By the way, I recommend also coming to tama-zone.com since that there's plenty of members there who don't come here. ^^ They might have questions also.

edit: OH! By the way, I remember sync beatz representives posted on their Facebook a long while ago about tamagotchi products being released by BanDai. Do you know anything about that?

Edited by DJYellow22, 22 January 2013 - 11:08 PM.

anzfalcontchi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:13 PM ( #738 )

I think most of the confusion and dislike is we don't know exactly whats going on or what we are being offered, my first impressions weren't great but im open to how it will develop^u^ i Got my first tama for my birthday the year it was released and loved them since. Im cheering on and hope it will work out for all of us Tama fans new and old!

Sorry my wifi is extremely slow, didn't noticed I accidentally skipped your reply. It's okay, I hope I did put some light on things. I'm happy that you're open! This campaign really needs support from the fan community, to bring TamaDepa products everywhere. Let's all hope for the best!

anzfalcontchi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:18 PM ( #739 )

Heh, it's fine if you are not able to. ^^;

By the way, I recommend also coming to tama-zone.com since that there's plenty of members there who don't come here. ^^ They might have questions also.

edit: OH! By the way, I remember sync beatz representives posted on their Facebook a long while ago about tamagotchi products being released by BanDai. Do you know anything about that?

I guess people from TamaZone have the same questions too, I don't know if I'd be able to juggle so many accounts online. I'm free right now that's why I can respond to everybody right now. Is it possible to redirect people who have questions about Tlife here?

My bosses are very discreet about releases of products, not sure if they mean "The app" on that one.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:26 PM ( #740 )

I have a super off the wall question that's bugging me.

That yellow Tama around your neck. Is that real? If so, broken? Gutted and turned into a necklace? I'm just wondering, it doesn't look on. I'd be nervous to wear pets around my neck for fear of them coming off the chain or me leaning into something and banging them into stuff.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:32 PM ( #741 )

That yellow Tama around your neck. Is that real? If so, broken? Gutted and turned into a necklace? I'm just wondering, it doesn't look on. I'd be nervous to wear pets around my neck for fear of them coming off the chain or me leaning into something and banging them into stuff.

I have necklaces for my p's lol They are quite nice..

And sure Anz, I can do that. ^^.. I am somewhat looking forward to the app as well.

anzfalcontchi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:48 PM ( #742 )

HAHA! REAL and working, but I turned it off because it keeps beeping and my microphone is always on my chest. It's one of the first wave of Tamagotchi released in Japan. I always use thick necklace chains for my TMGC toys ever since, I've seen a lot of people in Asia that does the same thing back in the days and up to now.

anzfalcontchi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 PM ( #743 )

@beagee Happy to share as much information as I can. Yes! Goal is to have TamaDepa store in all corners of the earth! Haha!

@DJYellow22 I appreciate the help, you don't know how thankful I am. Yes can't wait to see the app too that their working on.
  • Purimatchi! likes this

-Ra-

• ra user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:35 AM ( #744 )

Anz,

I'm one of the administrators over at Tama-Zone. When a member over there mentioned your participation over here, I thought I'd drop a line. I'd first like to reiterate a point some others have already mentioned, and that is that no one personally holds you responsible for anything. You're actually doing the best you can with what you're given, and that's saying something. As for this new and rather puzzling direction the Tamagotchi brand has taken with the L.I.F.E. apparel line, I'm sure it won't come as a surprise to hear that it has left all of us puzzled and somewhat disappointed. I'm a Marketing student at University, and on that note, I'm not sure how marketing might differ in Japan, but here in the U.S., it is generally considered poor practice to exclude an entire demographic. Both as a target audience and financially, it doesn't make much sense. But as you've said, it's really Bandai JP's decision on that matter, so I'll just leave it at that.

Should your bosses ask in the future though, perhaps it may be something to mention to them? Also, not being a girl I can't be 100% certain, but those of us who were kids in the 90s are in our 20s and early 30s now, and I just can't somehow picture this age group finding the clothing line too appealing. It seems to be aimed more towards a teenage crowd. But anyway, once more good job with all that you're doing and I wish you the best of luck.

Ra,
  • joshnemo, Ribonitchi, Purimatchi! and 2 others like this

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:03 AM ( #745 )

You keep mentioning, and maybe I'm somewhat out of the loop, but what is this TamaDepa store? Something like the Pokemon Centers they used to have? (Not sure if any still exist in the US anymore.)

Tama-Star_Girl

• tama-star-girl user photo

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:10 AM ( #746 )

You keep mentioning, and maybe I'm somewhat out of the loop, but what is this TamaDepa store? Something like the Pokemon Centers they used to have? (Not sure if any still exist in the US anymore.)

Tamagotchi Department Store, 3 stores in Japan that sell a range of many Tamagotchi goods. Toys, food, plushes, bags, clothing, books, the list goes on and on.
http://tamagotch.cha...or.jp/tamadepa/

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:14 AM ( #747 )

Ahhh okay, so it is basically like the Pokemon Centers. Neat. :D

anzfalcontchi

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:26 AM ( #748 )

@ -Ra-! Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you stop by here at TamaTalk. if I have extra time to spend online I would love to join TamaZone too, because I heard there's more older fans there just like me. Before the project was offered to me, Tamagotchi LIFE was already conceptualized and approved by JP. I don't really know when and who exactly brainstormed the whole thing... Sorry. -_-

Again thank you so much! I'll try my best to keep mentioning them all the opinions of the fan community.

@Midorime TamaDepa is Tamagotchi Depo/Department store in Japan! They basically sell anything that's Tamagotchi, from toys, food and all sorts of products.