- - - - -

Homemade Tamagotchi Accessories

recycling craft accessories

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ShiningLion

• shininglion user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:09 PM ( #1 )

Does anyone else make their own accessories for their Tamagotchi? If you do, please share some ideas and pics here!

I sit at my computer desk a lot during the day, so I wanted some sort of stand that could hold up my Tamas so that they are at a good viewing angle. I can't view them well when they are laying flat, so I decided to design this stand for them. It's made using the clear plastic from the blister pack they come sealed in. All you need is that and a pair of scissors, though you could probably just as easily make these out of note cards or card stock, or some thin cardboard like a cereal box. Just cut out a square of the plastic, fold it in half and use something to press the crease tight (I run a pencil along the crease while pressing it against the desk). Then you just cut the folded piece into sort of a hook or J shape with a flat base like you see below. Unfold it and you've got a little stand. If you are a kid or are making this for a kid, you'll want to round off the top point. It's a little sharp. I wish I could give you a pattern, but I don't really have one. I just do it by eye.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-Lion

Edited by ShiningLion, 03 June 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Replies

Views

Started

03 Jun 2012

Last Post

04 Jun 2012

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:54 PM ( #2 )

I like it. Too bad I just tossed out tons of my plastic.... hahaha. Its so simple, I love the idea. Maybe next time I get some pokemon cards, I will do that for one of my connections. Cleaver!

jenjen182

• jenjen182 user photo

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:12 PM ( #3 )

Very cool- my tamagotchi is very large though (I have the tama-go).

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:11 AM ( #4 )

That's a very clever idea, I love it! I like making Tamagotchi accessories too, like little bracelet thingies to put around the aerials of versions 4 and 5. :)

ShiningLion

• shininglion user photo

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:45 PM ( #5 )

Very cool- my tamagotchi is very large though (I have the tama-go).

I know what you mean. It's nice that the Tama-go stands on it's own, but it's not usually the best viewing angle sitting on the desk still. It needs to be tilted back a bit, but I couldn't figure out a way to make a stand for it yet because it's so big. Instead, I have this shelf just above my desk, and I put a nail in it so I could just hang the Tama-go by its chain. It just dangles above my computer monitor at eye level so I can easily see what's going on with it when I'm using it. Haha.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recycling, craft, accessories