The Hunt.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeie

Reaction score
"Today. Now. Forever.

Until the day you fall victim,

to the beasts of our dimension."

Countless people ended up in this land, a land reflecting an everyday city. Gloom covered every corner, darkness for their eyes. Nobody knows how they got there, or where they are. But all they can figure out. is that it's not where they were... And they can't get out.

Monsters arrived, hunting for flesh, ready to devour the souls of the people inside the land. Their faces were that of a skull, and black mist surrounded the being, their horrific appearance stunned many, frozen in fear. The panic driven up their spine couldn't allow them to fight back, leading to the situation where their soul is devoured by the demon, adding to their power.

People fight back. Everybody that enters finds themselves with a weapon and a power, truly reflected upon who they were in their earth life. A nature-loving young girl could turn into someone able to attack using nearby sticks and twigs, a horse rider could be able to run as fast as animals, and use a whip for protection, and so on. (Use your imagination...)

Monsterly demons are only able to be defeated, when a survivor uses their weapon and slice the skull in the mist, and seperate them into two halves. After that, it's only one less demon to handle.

Some go insane, unable to control the emotions, that their entire reality had been flipped over to a new page. where everything they had learnt in their old life had disappeared, all their friends and family are gone from their lives forever, all the animals, the fresh grass, the smell of the countryside, Everything is gone, and will never return.

People loose themselves, kill themselves to escape further suffering. kill others to inherit their abilities and weapons to protect themselves. This world, is a place where new memories are made, friendships come and go in a whirlwind, alliances are the only way to live.

"It only stops once you die..."

The Hunt is set in another dimension, that the characters have no idea about. They are pulled into the world by demons who thirst for power, and the source to power is human souls. The people are armed with one weapon and a power, which reflects who they were when they were back on earth. The characters roam around, meet others and start potential alliances to team up and protect each other from the demons. But you can't trust everyone...

RULES;

1 No Mary Sues. Your character can't walk around, freely, never be attacked by demons/easily defeat ever single one of them. Make your character feel at least a little bit frightened, but hey, we can't all have the strong characters. You have to have a few wimps.

2 No god modding (controlling another's character). This also means, if your character has lost their sanity, they can't just go around killing other's character's without the owner's permission. Even with permission, you cannot speak for the character.

3 You can have up to 3 characters, but if you drop off one character, make sure you include a paragraph that states they have been murdered by a demon. This also goes for if you drop out of the RP entirely.

4 No anime links for character's appearance. You can either write down a long description or upload a picture of a realistically drawn character/ picture of a real human.

5 You can't kill all the demons, because they'll keep coming back. (Psst. The humans who die turn into demons.)

6 PLEASE try to post at least a paragraph,.. Something that others can work with. We're not picky, but it helps.

7 Characters must be in between the ages of 6 - 20.

8 Your characters must be original! So don't use Mametchi or Ash Ketchum. We want humans, nice and realistic, unique ones.

CHARACTER FORM; (Post in this thread.)

Name;

Age;

Appearance;

History;

Power; (One, use history for reference)

Weapon; (One, use history for reference)

Other;

"I look forward, to meeting you in our dimension."

Name; Luke Halland

Age; 16

Appearance; What with being a twin and all, Luke possesses the same basic features as his sister: blonde hair (although his sticks up a lot more and is much shorter, seemingly plagued with static), green eyes, fairly average height for people their age. One thing that is unique to him, however, is the almost childish aspect to him. Most of the time his green eyes are lit up with what you could describe as excitement; a desire to just fling himself at the world and see what seeps out of the holes he makes. However, ever since he came to this world, that excitement is slowly being replaced by something else: grim determination. Determination to defeat the monsters, determination to protect his twin sister, determination to just plain old survive. There's still the idea of excitement due to a game present, however - in his world, Luke was very much an avid gamer of games such as World of Warcraft, and as far as he's concerned, he's just living out that sort of game now. Well, if you suddenly found yourself actually fighting monsters with a sword, wouldn't you use a family environment as a coping mechanism?

History; Luke will freely admit he's nothing special. For the first sixteen years of his life he's done... Well, nothing really of note. An average performer in school, he'd much rather spend his time sitting inside on some sort of game than doing anything productive, as mentioned earlier. One thing he does really care about, however, is his sister Lily. Even though they're the same age, he still sees himself very much as 'the big brother', and can often be found helping her out with various things to the best of his ability whether it be schoolwork or providing feedback for a piece of art. He'll even pause a game for her. Since they came to this world, naturally this has been turned up to eleven - he's not protecting her from the projectiles of the young kids next door, he's protecting her from monsters that want to eat them both. As Luke puts it, it seems 'more than a little unfair to drag Lily into this too'.

Power; Luke's speed and agility has been kicked up a notch, thanks to the enhanced reflexes and what not he developed from his time spent clutching a controller or mouse.

Weapon; A sword. Granted, it's a small sword, as he's not the strongest person in the world, but it's still a sword.

Other; Don't expect him to take too much seriously. Expect twin to arrive shortly.

Name;

Lily Halland

Age;

Appearance;

Lily has a very lithe body, which is a slightly different physique than her twin brother, Luke. Be that as it may, she has a very similar face. Her face matches his to the point where if she were a bit taller with short hair like her brother, no one would be able to tell them apart. Her long blond hair falls just at her waist and is almost always messy, unless someone is able to hold her down and force a comb through it. Her eyes are a cool green and they portray Lily's calm mind. She's always found with a small smile on her face, even when she's in danger or upset. She mainly does this to reassure Luke that she's okay.

History;

Lily is the type of person who would rather sit in her room than go out, and that's exactly what she spent most of her time doing. She is a very talented artist and would spend hours in her room, only coming out to go to school, show Luke her artwork, or spend time with him. She was always shy and quiet at school, clinging to her brother's side at all times. She constantly carried her sketchbook around with a pencil or two tucked in her pants' pocket. She drew many different things, from her brother, to a random piece of scenery. She had an excellent eye for art and could pick out the most abstract things in an area. The way she would always stay in her brother's shadow gave her the demeanor of the younger sister, even though she and Luke were the same age. She looks up to Luke, however, and respects him.

Power;

Due to her artistic eye, her eyesight is advanced to very high levels, allowing her to see things much better than others can.

Weapon;

She has a marker with which she can draw up weapons to use. However, she must be good at drawing said weapons. For example, if she only draws the simple outline of a gun, it will come out as a rubbery outline-type-thing (for lack of a better name) instead of an actual gun.

Other;

~

(Your forms seem all good. Thank you for joining! ~)

Name: Emily May Hughes.

Age; ​15

Appearance; Emily looks like every 15 year old, brown hair that brushed the top of her shoulders. She has misty hazel eyes, that have a calm, yet saddening look around their marble-like appearance. The only difference between her and other teenagers, is that her right eye has a grey eyepatch around it. Because of this, she is unable to detect exactly how far an object is away from her, clearly affecting her battles against monsters. Because of this, she often relies on others in the dimension to help her. She can still be found wearing a pink bow in her hair, along with her old school's uniform, a red skirt, white and short sleeved t-shirt with a brown scarf around her neck. Emily's usually looking down in silence when alone, always in thought since she found herself in this new world, but isn't afraid to speak her mind to others.

History; Emily was born in France, but was flown to Australia after a year of life. She lived happily, being an only child living with her Mother and Father. Her ideal was that her family would always be happy, always. After Emily turned 11, unexpected fights had come out of her parents. The mother and father weren't on good terms after the 9th year of Emily's life. Her father clutched a beer bottle in one hand, and smashed it over a table, shards of glass shot out, and hit Emily's right eye. The father walked off, seeming not to care any more as Emily clutched her eye in pain. Her mother took her to the hospital, the doctors told her she was blind in her right eye. Emily found no use in showing everyone that she had red cuts all over her eye, she invested in an eyepatch using a small amount of money she had made from household chores and brought an eyepatch to wear. She lived the rest of her three years trying to be happy, as her mother and father had divorced, her family life she had loved so much was gone. She lived with her mother, her only support to keeping her family life happy. But she seemed to have gotten 'lost' on her walk to school, and wound up somewhere she had never seen... Alone.

Power; Emily can close her eyes, and see what is around her, even what is on another side of a wall. This makes her able to see monsters before they come.

Weapon; Emily owns a long glass pole, when smashed, shards fly in all directions, the pole regenerates after the glass is broken. It is also used for a swordlike weapon to swing at an opponent to damage them.

Other; N/A

(I'll just double post to keep my form separate from the entrance post. I just... I dunno. Just to get the RP going.)

Emily ran around aimlessly, her legs growing incredibly tired. Her weapon clutched at her waist as she fled from an area overloaded with demon-like monsters. She still couldn't figure out where she was... And how she got here. The last thing she remember was crossing that dirt road outside of her home, but everything else was blank. Her mind was full of empty memories. A week without seeing another person, a week of watching these monster fly over her, trying to take something from her. Why was she alive? It had been a week without food, and she still didn't feel hungry. Something told her gut instinct, that it's not just the panic driven up her spine that is blocking out her hunger...

(awwwwwww yea)

"Stay- still!" The words sounded aggressive, but one look at Luke's face told you that he was being anything but. Slowly and carefully, Luke pulled the hastily drawn comb out of the tangles of his sister's hair, lifting it back up to the top after a quick glance around confirmed that they were still alone in their little hiding place. For now, anyway. With a small laugh, Luke started pulling the comb down again, the familiar action giving off an illusion of normality. "Wow, Lily, combing your hair was difficult enough in our world, never mind this one!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Luke, let me go! I hate this!" Lily yelled, reaching back and trying to snatch the comb from her brother's hands. "I like my hair better when it's messy!" She eventually gave up and let her hair be combed through. To get her mind off it, she began fiddling around with her marker. She pouted and flinched a bit when Luke caught a large knot in her hair. "Ow! It's bad enough that you forced me to draw the stupid comb!" she grumbled, slumping over. "I make combing my hair difficult just for you, Lukie." she said with a small, innocent smile.

"Shh!" Sighing, Luke put the comb down before gently threading his fingers into Lily's hair and beginning to work out the knot as gently as he could. As he carefully pulled strands apart, he returned his sister's innocent grin, only his has a small twist of sarcasm to it. "Thank you so much, dearest Lily." He gave another sigh, shaking his head. "Oh please, you've been drawing kittens and such for ages. A comb won't kill you." Another glance around. "Tell me if you hear anything suspicious, yeah?"

"You're welcome, Luke." Lily replied, the smile still on her face. She stared down at her marker, thinking about the various animals she's drawn. "Well, I actually enjoy drawing kittens and other animals. Not combs, though. Combs are absolutely horrible!" She looked at her surroundings and nodded. "Yeah, I'll tell you."

"Well like I said, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with it! I'm nearly done!" Luke raised in hands and trailed his fingers through the now-smooth hair before handing the comb to Lily. "Here. You can snap it in half and throw it away as you wish." He grinned, sitting back down and running a hand through his own hair. Then he groaned. "Please, no more kittens. I dread to think what happens to them... at least make it a toy next time? How useful..."

Lily flipped the comb between her fingers. She then stuck the comb into Luke's hair, pulling a bit and catching a know or two. "See? I'm not the only one with knotty hair!" She sighed and tilted her head. "But I really like drawing them... And kitten toys aren't any fun." She looked off into the distance, examining the surrounding area when she spotted it, a monster. She whimpered quietly and looked down, popping the cap off her marker and sketching up a knife she could use. Once she was finished, the knife took form and she picked it up. "Luke, a monster, we need to go..." she whispered.

"I'm a boy! I'm allowed!" Luke protested, crossing his eyes as a small hair charged with static drifted into view. Shaking his head in an attempt to get it back to normal, he rolled his eyes. "Well... draw different toys then! How does that marker thing even work, anyway?" How did anything in this world work, anyway? Monsters, his new powers, being given a sword... one that might have to be used very soon. "How far away is it?" Luke murmured, scooping up his sword and automatically pulling Lily behind him. "We're either gonna have to run or fight, depending on that fact..."

Lily peeked out rom behind her brother, narrowing her eyes. "I-it's not that far away and I think it's spotted us..." she whispered, shrinking back behind her brother. She decided she might need more than a knife this time. Thinking this, she began sketching up a replica of her brother's sword. "Hey, Luke. I drew myself a sword like yours." she whispered. "A-and the monster is getting quite close... I think w-we need to fight..."

"Nice one." Luke muttered, although they probably both knew Lily would never be able to use it. As for him, however, his mind was already at work, picking out escape routes, thinking up ideas and strategies, the same sort of stuff he used to churn through during those nights sat at the computer. However, this was very real and very dangerous. "Get back in that alcove there." Luke instructed, raising his voice a little - no point in being stealthy now, the monster was practically upon him.

Name; Mars

Age; 11

Appearance; Red hair, brown eyes, she only has one eye.

History; unknown

Power; Has the power to see up coming disasters

Weapon; Spear, sword

Other; none

Last edited by a moderator:
(lovetchi3035, even if it's awfully short, I'm not going to let you roll with no history... And is that 2 weapons? Because you're only allowed one... Sorry. ;A;)

Emily ran faster and faster from the area, her legs pounding hard against the hard city road, she hadn't the slightest clue where she was, or how she was going to escape from these monsters, no matter how fast she would run, they could easily catch up. Emily was frightened, she was lucky to have survived a few days. She still questions whether she is alone, if god has truly destroyed her reality and corrupted her present. Her weapon, a glass pole seemed weak and powerless compared to the demons, Emily still had yet to use it for defensive purposes.

Lily nodded, slowly walking back and tucking herself away. She watched Luke carefully, making sure that he didn't get hurt. Even though she knew she wouldn't be able to properly handle the sword, she held it in a ready position to assist Luke if she was needed. She also watched the monster, closely examining the way it moved and whatnot, trying to learn it's strategy which it possibly shared with other monsters like itself.

Luke had a few seconds to prepare himself before it was time for him to act - gritting his teeth he swung the sword forwards, only managing to cut the strange mist and deflect the monster slightly as it turned around. He wheeled around and struck it again before it could sneak up behind him, deflecting its arms (?) and trying to make sure the mist didn't touch him, just in case. "Are there any more?!"

Emily shut her eyes as she ran, searching for any other signs of life, other than monsters. Nearby, she sensed a hoard of monsters, next to... 2... 2 not-monsters. She didn't know what the energy she was receiving was. Should I investigate? Emily thought, it would be one heck of a risk... But what if they're people like me... Emily fluttered her eye open, the other eye too sore to open from under her eyepatch, and stood there and pondered.They could be some elite monsters... I'd be screwed if I came across some more monsters.. Emily clutched the glass pole in her hands tight in frustration, "I... I don't know what to do! Bloody hell... Mother... Please help me..."

Luke didn't wait for Lily's answer - he had no choice, really. How did you actually defeat these things?! Eyes narrowing in determination, he used the power that had been given to him, darting forwards at an unnatural speed for a human and swinging his sword around in an attempt to chop the monster's head off. The blow hit, the mist dispersed. Trying to catch his breath, Luke straightened up - only for the monster to reform behind him. "Argh!" If he hadn't received a speed boost that enabled him to jam his sword backwards in a deflection, he probably would have been taken by the thing right there and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back