Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Does anyone over the age of 16 still play with tamagotchis?

tamagotchi older people

• Please log in to reply

Stefke2108

• stefke2108 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:53 AM ( #35 )

Funny thing is, back in the 90's Tamagotchi's were actually designed for adults in Japan. Only in US and and Europe they became known as a toys for children :)

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:30 AM ( #36 )

really? i didn't know that, cool!

Stefke2108

• stefke2108 user photo

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:42 AM ( #37 )

Yep, had something to do with it being so crowded in Asia and them having strict laws for owning pets. So they came up with the idea of a virtual pet because for most people it was almost impossible to have a real one.
  • Purimatchi! and Amarisje like this

nightspiritwings

• nightspiritwings user photo

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:18 PM ( #38 )

I still love them :D

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:53 PM ( #39 )

I'm almost 16 and I LOVE Tamagotchi's I almost have 50 Tamagotchi's in my Collection and a bunch of the accessories that they sold back in the V3-V4.5 Days. B)

Edited by Purimatchi!, 10 August 2012 - 07:53 PM.

TammyGooGoo

• tammygoogoo user photo

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:19 PM ( #40 )

Yes, I do I am pretty sure I'm older than all of you. :lol:

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:02 PM ( #41 )

Virtual pets hit the market here when I was in middle school, and I loved them. And well, given that info, you can imagine how old I am now, and finally getting a Tama-go! The Tamagotchis were all too hard to get around here--I remember going into Toys R' Us and walking out empty-handed may times, the Tamagotchi BINS totally empty--but I had fun with the Dinkie Dino, Giga Pets, and Nano Babies!

Is it weird I'm elated to finally be getting an official Tamagotchi? :P

maria_rose90

• maria-rose90 user photo

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:07 AM ( #42 )

I've played with them since I was little! I'm now 22!

boudicca isis

• boudicca-isis user photo

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:12 PM ( #43 )

im 18 and i still play with them despite the condisending looks from my parents..

kobieta

• kobieta user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:03 PM ( #44 )

I'm 25. I started playing with virtual pets when the first wave of Tamagotchis was released in 1997. It was only a couple of months ago that I got bored and remembered my RakuRaku Dinokun and decided to start collecting. I am surprised people are responding "Of course, I'm 17 and I still love them!" because that is still quite young and you shouldn't stop doing something you enjoy out of fear of appearing... juvenile? I guess it makes me feel a bit "dated" though, but I'm a kid of the 90's, and I love reliving my childhood (even if that means randomly watching Power Rangers and annoying my 32 year old boyfriend).

I hope more people my age post! I'd love to know we stuck with Tamas for 15 years.
  • StenoTim likes this

Hardcore Tama

• hardcore-tama user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:12 AM ( #45 )

I'm 16 but I love Tamagotchi's! I sometimes need to take breaks from them because I'll have other stuff on my plate, but I always fall back to them!
  • StenoTim likes this

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:25 PM ( #46 )

I'm 25. I started playing with virtual pets when the first wave of Tamagotchis was released in 1997. It was only a couple of months ago that I got bored and remembered my RakuRaku Dinokun and decided to start collecting. I am surprised people are responding "Of course, I'm 17 and I still love them!" because that is still quite young and you shouldn't stop doing something you enjoy out of fear of appearing... juvenile? I guess it makes me feel a bit "dated" though, but I'm a kid of the 90's, and I love reliving my childhood (even if that means randomly watching Power Rangers and annoying my 32 year old boyfriend).

I hope more people my age post! I'd love to know we stuck with Tamas for 15 years.

I know what you mean! Dinkie Dino was my favorite. And my 35-year-old boyfriend just chuckles at me, and sometimes give an, "Aww, that's cute!" when I mention something about my Tamagotchi. ...I'm secretly hoping he'll want one (or I'll just give him one eventually as a present).
  • kobieta likes this

kobieta

• kobieta user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:02 PM ( #47 )

I know what you mean! Dinkie Dino was my favorite. And my 35-year-old boyfriend just chuckles at me, and sometimes give an, "Aww, that's cute!" when I mention something about my Tamagotchi. ...I'm secretly hoping he'll want one (or I'll just give him one eventually as a present).

Get him a Star Wars Giga Pet! That is the most man-ish v-pet I think :)

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:19 PM ( #48 )

Get him a Star Wars Giga Pet! That is the most man-ish v-pet I think :)

Yep! Or maybe at least a very basic P1/P2 Tamagotchi would also be great :)

The Lost Sean

• the-lost-sean user photo

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:13 AM ( #49 )

I can imagine myself well into my 60's and still using a tamagotchi of some sort. I'm a tama-lifer...

The Lost Sean

• the-lost-sean user photo

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:23 AM ( #50 )

I'm your age! I've managed to maintain a solid love for all things tamagotchi (or rather almost all things... Some tama stuff can be entirely too 'girly') and further to pretty much all forms of virtual pets. Something about the little gadgets are just so timelessly fun, plus all of the nostalgia they tend to summon up is quite nice.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:46 PM ( #51 )

Hahaha... it's a bit comforting to see some older people here who enjoy Tamas.... I'm 26, and of course, they are pretty nostalgic for me since I had quite a few when I was younger. I talk to some of my coworkers about them, and a few of them are similar to me... they don't really think it's odd, and they even find them entertaining... while a few of my other coworkers think I'm too old for that, that it's for children. :T

I always think, if my Dad is still playing video games at 45, then I sure as heck can play with Tamas at 26! Hahaha~~
  • YumikoFang likes this