Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Does anyone over the age of 16 still play with tamagotchis?

tamagotchi older people

• Please log in to reply

slynnski

• slynnski user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:59 PM ( #121 )

24 and still digging the Tamas.  :wub:

jvdas

• jvdas user photo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:46 PM ( #122 )

I'm 19 now. Apparently my aunts got me several original tamagotchis when they came out, but I don't remember that.
I started playing them again around 12 years old? Maybe 13. I started with a v2.

I stopped after the tama go's and music stars, but I recently got back into it.

ZombieButterflies

• zombiebutterflies user photo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 PM ( #123 )

27 and I have had an on again off again relationship with Tamagotchi since 2007. Before that I was pretty obsessed and ran a few at a time. I usually start up a tamagotchi once a year now. Hoping to change that though, I ordered a tamagotchi iD l tonight and have plans on ordering a Tamagotchi P in the future.

stvn6

• stvn6 user photo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:59 AM ( #124 )

28 here...and yes...seems to be only once every few years, but..yes :-)

Edited by stvn6, 24 April 2013 - 10:59 AM.

TamaLover1990

• tamalover1990 user photo

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:50 PM ( #125 )

Im 22 yrs old that still addicted to play tamagotchies. Your not the only one who plays with tamagotchi. I will always play with my tamagotchi no matter how old i am. 

violetvioletchi

• violetvioletchi user photo

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:04 PM ( #126 )

19. :) I don't think anybody is ever too old for them...I think it's okay for everyone to have hobbies regardless of what they are and I don't think age should determine anything. :)

• magicboa likes this

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:54 PM ( #127 )

i am 23 years old just abo 24 and i have tons of them, i collect tamagotchi's, video games, nintendo stuff....i love super mario and monster hunter, war hammer, forge world etc... i am married with 2 children and i love my life! haha i will always play with the tama's i have 7 running right now lol...i have 11 more tamagotchi's comming in the mail...i work as a L.P.N nurse and i have two other small jobs on the side..so i am a very busy woman <3 and yet i make time just abo every day to log on the tamatalk and look after these guys haha...NO ONE IS EVER TOO OLD TO ENJOY THERE LIVES THE WAY THEY CHOOSE!!!!!~~~ <3<3<3

• magicboa and ForeverWaiting like this

Yellowmoodtama

• yellowmoodtama user photo

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:04 PM ( #128 )

I'm turning 17 in two months but I still plan on playing with them :)

Inter5tella

• inter5tella user photo

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:38 AM ( #129 )

i'm 17 and ALWAYS end up coming back!! I'm selling a bunch of stuff just to get a p's and some deco pieces

prilla2k

• prilla2k user photo

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:26 AM ( #130 )

lol 27 here .. and i still just love tamagotchis .. i think they are so cute and adorable.. i just wish they were still big in stores.. waiting for them in the mail SUCKS lol.. i use to have like 14 of them when they came out back in 1997 .. i was like 11 years old and crazy over them.. i only wish my mom wouldve kept all my stuff from back then.. lol i prolly had so many rares who knows ;)

DeltaHero

• deltahero user photo

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:53 PM ( #131 )

16 turning 17 this month and I'm running my Music Star and going to buy a V3 soon on ebay...so yeah... 

Stay_gold_

• stay-gold user photo

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:08 PM ( #132 )

Of course ! tamas are classic fun for any agee  :wub: 

abokado

• abokado user photo

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:40 PM ( #133 )

I'm 22 and currently I'm waiting for 7+ tamagotchi's to come in the mail. So yeah.

oddsandendswithlove

• oddsandendswithlove user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:59 PM ( #134 )

26 and just got back into them a few months ago :) I'm married have a 6 month old son, pay bills and have a full time demanding job and still love these little guys. A lot of people assume that when you have kids/get married/start a career that you are too old for toys...but I want to stay as young as I can and enjoy these things so I can enjoy them with my son when he is older. I'd rather be buried in a pile of GI Joes, cars and dinosaurs playing with my son than rambling on with a bunch of talking heads about politics :) i hope my son can enjoy my collection as much as I do when he gets a little older. My husband just shakes his head and says I'm cute when I get excited about tamagotchis or virtual pets lol. I find it interesting that a lot of people our age have recently been getting back into toys of our childhood. I bet there is something interesting psychology behind it.

AGREED! I will be 24 in july and I have two sons and a husband, im working two jobs and going to school full time right now and I LOVE tamagotchi's,video games I have every gaming console out there,i plai table top war games such as warhammer and forgeworld...my husband and I collect and paint the minatures. in fact they are all over my house haha my husbands and mine bedroom is Nintendo themed for the most part haha....to be honest I wouldn't trade any of it for the world! I always say that you should enjoy your life as much as you can,and just because you are grown doesn't mean your DEAD!

• magicboa, *Hayden* and Lamb like this

LaraBrox

• larabrox user photo

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:29 AM ( #135 )

I'm 20 and just dug mine up again. I could never not love these things! :)

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:57 PM ( #136 )

I'm 21 and I've been obsessed with vpets since I was 6... xD

cmarie

• cmarie user photo

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:06 AM ( #137 )

I think I might take the cake on this one, LOL. I am 26 and married and still play!  SO there is hope for everyone :)  I kept my collection going ever since I was a little kid when the first ones came out and over the years I'd buy a handful of each new version so my collection is getting pretty big, at least for me because I think last time I counted them all there were nearly 30 or so and there is about one from each version still in the packages.  I used to get embarrassed when someone would make fun of me for playing but I'm over it.  Matter of fact, last weekend we went on a family camping trip and when my brother and his gf laughed at me when I pulled one out of my tent I threw another at each of them and got them to start playing too! 

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:00 AM ( #138 )

I'm going to be buried with my Tamagotchis. They are a permanent part of my life. They'll be with me even when I'm old and in a nursing home.

wbingham08

• wbingham08 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:05 AM ( #139 )

Love my tamagotchis. They still give me that rush when I first discovered them in 1996/7. I'll be 28 in a month and some change. 

Skygryph

• skygryph user photo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:11 PM ( #140 )

Definitely. I'm in my mid-twenties and still love them to pieces. And actually, my younger brother (who's also above 16) loves them as well. I do sometimes get comments from strangers when they see me playing with it in public ("You're too old for that," etc), but to be honest, most of the comments I get are very positive. A lot of people talk about how much they used to enjoy them and think they're adorable. Some mention that they still play with them. So I don't think it's nearly as uncommon as some people (the negative ones) would make you think. Tamagotchis are downright cute and fun; what isn't to love about them?