Which Tama should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabi-wasabi

Reaction score
I can't decide between Tamagotchi Familitchi V5, Celebrity V5.5 and Music Star! I can only buy one and all 3 are about the same price online. Which one should I get and why? Some one help!!! :( :huh: :( :huh:

The V5 and V5.5 are similar. They are both versions in which you have three characters, and you have to keep the bond percentage high. They both have 4 games, two of which you can only play if you are higher than 1 generation. You cannot see the pets' age or weight. Also, the games are tedious and hardly give you any money. The items don't do anything interesting, unlike the Music Star, where each character does something different with the items. :)

I personally prefer the Music Star, although it is very challenging to look after. There are different skill levels that increase when you play games, take your Tama to school, or practice an instrument. You must also keep the stress level low. However it is hard to make money as the mini-games don't give you Gotchi points - You only get money if your Tama is a successful musician as an adult. :)

I love the Celebrity V5.5. You can do the set time bonding trick with it, but it bonds at different times than the v5. Also, I like the new characters, especially the ones that were household items anthropomorphized into characters (like Glassitchi, who looks like a wine glass) and there are more games than the v5, but some of them don't make much sense. I love the v5 games, all of them, but like EMF said, you hardly earn any points and stuff is super expensive. On the Celebrity, the point system is a little better but not by much, it's very similar to the iD-L.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THE V5 IS MY LEAST FAVORITE TAMA THAT BANDAI HAS EVER MADE!!!!! IN MY OPINION YOU SHOULD GET THE MUSIC STAR, BUT THE V5 IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. IN THE V5 ALL YOU DO IS WATCH OVER 3 DIFFERENT TAMAS, AND THEY ALL HAVE DIFFERENT ISSUES. THE GAMES ARE BORING, THE TAMA CHARACTERS ARE ALL UGLY (just saying :p ) AND WHEN I WAS PLAYING AROUND WITH MINE (all adults btw) THEY ALL EVOLVED INTO FAT SLUGS FOR NO REASON AND THEY EVOLVED BACK TO THEIR ORIGINAL SELVES LATER, PRETTY MUCH DEAD. IT IS FILLED WITH BUGS AND IT ISN'T ANY FUN AT ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally prefer the V6, but I'll give an opinion on both.

On the V5 (and V5 Celebrity) you raise up to 3 characters (3 on the first generation) and it has the normal evolution stages. There are a variety of characters, and bonding (selecting an item for your family to play with at a certain time) determines what characters they will become. They do not die easily and aren't very needy, but keep in mind there's no weight factor and only a few built-in games. The V5 takes a long time to get the hang of and in some aspects is very confusing, even for experienced Tama owners.

On the V6/Music Star, you have to raise a single Tama character to become a music champion. It is one of the neediest Tamas around and needs lots of attention. The V6 has its own special TamaTown but this has been broken for most people for over a year and that doesn't show any signs of changing.

It really depends what you like. If you want something complex with a lot of characters to go for, V5 all the way. If it's the school holiday and you have nothing to do, definitely V6.

personally v5 is the worst Tama I ever played its boring... ALL THE ITEMS DO THE SAME THINGS (pretty much) the games were ok (I guess) mine broke pretty fast (not my fault) 3 characters... triple the fun? no not really. They can change into different adults, one minute you are so happy with your evolutions then you leave them for a while, come back and you have the pette family (or the ninja family) No I didn't have much fun with this.

SO GET THE V6!!!!!!!!!!

they are awesome fun, games (I love the 3rd one) skills, instruments, toys, items are useful (again) interesting characters. Things to do when they grow up. a (somewhat) fun tamatown ^ _ ^ what more could you possibly want (except slot from v2 I STILL WANT THAT GAME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back