Here is a list for anyone wishing to know.
Planned release date=unknown.
Version Planned Changes Planned Release Date Major versions 1.3
- Large amount of internal changes.
- Will be able to see blocks other players are mining/breaking in MP 
- Demo mode playable through non-premium Minecraft.net accounts.
- Added Adventure Mode but it still needs more work. 
- "Large Biomes" world type.
- Creative Mode updates
- Ender Portal Frames added in Creative Mode
- While in Creative Mode, players can supply a powered minecart with fuel by right clicking it as if they were holdingcoal.
- Flying in Creative Mode is no longer affected by water and lava.
- ⇧ Shift-clicking in Creative improved.
- Potions will be in the creative inventory screen.
- Improved creative inventory screen.
- Category Tabs and Searching
- Survival Inventory Tab
- "Backpack" inventory, 2x2 crafting grid, armor, and deletion box.
[*]Commands in Singleplayer.
[*]Optional bonus chests placed close to the player when creating a new Singleplayer world.
[*]Hardcore in multiplayer (HMP).
[*]While sitting inside of a minecart pushing the directional keys will make it move the direction you are pressing.
- Only works on rails.
- Temporary, and isn't accessible with cheats off.
- Added Emerald
- Added Emerald Ore.
- Added Block of Emerald.
- Added Ender Chest.
- Drops 8 obsidian when broken without Silk Touch.
- Added Sandstone Stairs.
- Added Cocoa Plants that generate on the sides of jungle trees, which can be harvested for cocoa.
- Cocoa Beans have a new texture.
- Cocoa Beans drop from jungle tree leaves at the same rate as apples.
- Added Tripwire Hooks.
- Added Book and Quill and Written Book.
- Ability to write in Book and Quill (up to 50 pages), save them to edit later, and sign them and title them to finish off the book.
- Added a new type of Golden Apple. with attributes the Golden Apple had before 1.1.
- Added Bottle o' Enchanting to survival mode.
- Added Chainmail Armor to survival mode.
- New slabs of the 3 new plank types.
- Wood slabs behave as wood, not as stone.
- New Gravel texture.
- New Dispenser features:
- Dispensers will eject water and lavasource blocks (from buckets).
- Will also take water and lava source blocks if there is an empty bucket inside.
- Will be able to place Minecarts on rails and Boats in water.
- Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually.
- Specific names for different Wood,Wooden Planks, Leaves, Saplings,Sandstone, Stone Bricks, and Monster Eggs. (e.g. Oak Wood, Birch Plank, Spruce Leaves, Jungle Sapling, Smooth Sandstone, Chiseled Stone Bricks, Stone Monster Egg).
- Different crafting recipe for books.
- Easier item manipulation within inventory
- Brewing Stands allow use of shift clicking to put items in it.
- ⇧ Shift+clicking can now be used to wear armor.
- Empty Buckets are now stackable up to 16.
- Wooden tools can be burned in furnaces.
- Silk Touch will be able to pick up Ender Chests, Ice, and Glass Panes.
- The first 16 levels are linear, while level 17+ require more points per level to the maximum level of 30 (although one can still have more than 30 XP levels to spend).
- XP orbs can now be gained through mining ores, and using a furnace for smelting.
- Enchantment has been reorganized so the higher/stronger level enchantment is on the bottom while the lowest is on the top. (The middle obviously being in the middle of the enchantment table.)
- Maximum level for enchanting is 30.
- Added Pyramids, a new structure in Desert biomes.
- Added Jungle Temple.
- Villages spawned in Desert Biomes now have a different style.
- Stars are slightly smaller and slightly brighter.
- Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession.
- Trading with Villagers.
- Arrows "warping upwards" in multiplayer fixed.
- All multiplayer sounds have been fixed.
- Better chunk loading in SMP.
- Fishing lines are now visible in SMP.
- Fix for glitchy mob prediction in multiplayer.
- Using buckets filled with lava no longer consume the bucket when smelting items.
- Armor and Tool Enchantments now show on multiplayer.
Edited by Nazotchi25, 19 June 2012 - 05:24 AM.