I want to debug my V4.5...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Okay, so I've got a version 4.5 that's been ruined for years. It uses up all the power in a brand new battery in just one day. So it's pretty much useless, and I've decided it would be fun to debug it. I took it apart and found the word "debug" on the chip but I don't know what to do. @_@

So I'm basically asking how to debug a Tamagotchi, and what exactly happens when it's in debug mode. I'm not quite sure what goes on as this will be my first attempt as debugging, but any help is appreciated. :)

So, underneath the word DEBUG there should be 2 grey semicircles. You need to take a graphite pencil and color over all of the 2 semicircles, and color over the little line too. All you really need to do is draw a really thick line between them to connect them. What this does is graphite conducts electricity, so by coloring the semicircles, you are connecting them and that turns on Debug Mode. then put on the battery and press reset. (Put on the plastic back that has the 4 tiny screws, but don't screw them in yet!) If it beeps and there's an egg onscreen, and it is bouncing up and down normal speed, like what it looked like before you debugged it, then use the pencil on the two semicircles again. If the egg looks like it's not moving (it might have a few light gray pixels around the egg) then congratulations, you have debugged your Tamagotchi! Put on the back, and put the tama back together like normal. People say there's a way to choose adult characters from the egg screen, but i've never been able to figure it out, I just let it hatch like normal. The tama, once hatched, will be moving and growing in hyperspeed! I don't remember how much time passes every second, sorry. But anyway, make sure to feed them and clean up their poop and give them medicine as soon as they need it, because they die super-fast! And it's not fun to watch your tama die. lol. :D If you ever want to un-debug it, simply unscrew the back and erase all the pencil marks on the 2 semicircles. Hope this helps!

Just a side note-

to change the characters, as soon as the baby hatches and it says "GIRL" or "BOY" press A to scroll through selectable characters. You'll notice that there are some characters which have never been seen or heard of before, on the V3 for example, there is Hamburgitchi, I think, who like his name implies, is a hamburger with a face on it. Keep in mind that since these characters have never been developed, they lack some of the typical animations.

It's not really reccomended if you debug a V4 or V4.5. :\ It puts it on hyperspeed and it stays on even if you take it off of debug. You can't choose your character, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back