Ban dai tamagotchi 1997 packaging

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defaudio21

Reaction score
I have noticed some digimon tamagotchi listings on eBay like the solid green ones are labeled "the original battling digital monsters" while the majority of listings say "the original digital monster" on the package. Can it be a fake? the packages look identical except for those words. Please help! Thanks!

Well, packages have been known to say slightly different things in different countries... Like Usa and Europe... Both English, but might speak differently sometimes.

Probably the case here... Watch the prices though many are over priced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I bought it for about 50 bucks compared to others selling for 2-3 times more. The packaging also says "battle connect" rather than "dock n rock" I read somewhere that they eventually changed the name in packages but I'm not too sure how true that is. It's new unopened also so I though the price wasn't too bad.

That seems way better then I usually see them...

I'm think they might have simplified the connection lingo.

Dock and rock makes me think of like a computer connection.... Like the (english for sure) season 3 digivice connected to the computer with a program. I believe the season 4 version did that too. Although, I know the user create and support of the game(s) is gone... And you have the cord that came with them.

I'm pretty sure nothing before the season 3 did connect with the computer.

Although, if you had a wonderswan (japanese) and the certain digimon game (and cord).... With a special season 2 digivice... Those connected. (its a good read to see all what the winderswan is...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, generally the packaging can vary from region to region... For example, the 2004 Tamagotchi Connection was called a 'Connection' in USA, but almost everywhere else it went by the name of 'Connexion', and in some Asian countries, 'Plus'. It can vary. Generally, as long as the BanDai logo is there, you're usually pretty safe.

Feel free to post pictures / links to ebay listings on the forums in future if you're unsure of the legitimacy of the Tamagotchi/Digimon/Virutal Pet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back