Help with osutchi?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

triforceman

Reaction score
I got my osutchi and mesutchi in the mail today, and when I untabbed the osu I couldn't get it to go to the time set screen, I hit reset and and it beeped but I still couldnt get it to work. When I hit the A button it would make a noise, but when I hit the B or C buttons it wouldn't. I took the back off and one of the batteries was corroded. I don't have any to replace it right now, but was that the reason the buttons didn't react when I pressed them? Any help would be great!

Considering where you got it that is your problem!

My "new" morino I got started out the same way. Then it went down hill from there.

The only thing I can suggest to you now is make sure the corrosion didn't get on any of the metal parts or parts inside ... ie leak further into the toy.

New batteries would [hopefully] fix this problem.

Or it could be defective.

Make sure it is clean, get new batteries and go from there.

I also hope you have not left the seller feedback until you are positive if it works or doesn't.

It's not the batteries, I tried putting fresh one in and it was the same result, I also noticed the circuit board was a darker almost brown color then most tamas. I'm going to take it apart and look for any corrosion on the inside. I think it is that something on the button contacts.

my suggestion would be to use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol on the areas where the buttons are and see if that works to fix it.

Well, I tried cleaning the contacts, all of the rust spots, all of the whole motherboard and still, nothing. Im getting really annoyed. If anyone can think of ANYTHING for me too try, PLEASE say something!

I am honestly not surprised!!! I will say it again;

You got it from Jason's store. The same one where I got the defective morino. I would contact him.

If he does respond he will tell you to send it back to him. You have some options here:

Take the loss and try to resale it for cheaper on eBay.

Contact Jason, learn he wants you to send it back, send it back

1]Send it back regular shipping and probbaly never get your refund or hear from Jason again

2]Make a case and send it back with a tracking number. Spend roughly about $30 on a tracking number.

You can trying cleaning and all the batteries and the world but it will still probably mess up. Sounds like something is defective or wrong with the curcuit board. At least that was what I was told about my Morino.

Bottom line is JC_RC is NOT a reliable sorce for vintage Tamagotchis no matter what the price is. I can't say about any of his other stuff but it sounds like the old Tama's he is selling clearly all have something wrong with them

I am glad I only lost $20 in the long run. A lesson very well learned.

If I were you I would leave negitive feedback and warn others about this.

My error was I left feedback too soon. I gave him positive without waiting a while during the testing.

I did follow up on my feedback.

He will NOT respond to any of my message. How he is still selling on eBay is beyond me.

Keep in mind all these things I say about his store are from my personal opinion and experience. If you want to risk it and buy from him because of his low prices be my guest; I will not say what you should do either way.

I am just saying to anyone reading this thread; I would NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS buy anything of any sort from him EVER again.

I would rather pay more and be on the safe side!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back