Photo
- - - - -

New tamagotchi iPhone/android app from BanDai Japan?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:17 PM ( #1 )

NOTE: THIS IS MOST LIKELY NOT THE APP THAT SYNC BEATZ IS CREATING FOR THE USA MARKET.

Well well, looks like we have some new stuff from BanDai Japan. Taken from their monthly Gotchishinbun, I found out that they they are working on some kind of tamagotchi smartphone app.

http://www.carddas.c...play_app01.html

Now, a few things I'm guessing from the page:

1. The app is going to be extremely limited. It looks as if there are only four characters(Lovelitchi, Meloditchi, Mametchi, Kuchipatchi)

2. in order to get items, you need to have QR Codes taken from the CARDDASS cards.

3. OH MY GOSH AR FUNCTIONS!!

The app is apparently gonna be on the Japanese app store something later this month, and will also be on the android market next month..

I'm seriously looking forward to this! I hope it'll be fantastic!
  • joshnemo, graficks, TicTax and 3 others like this

Replies

Views

Started

02 Jul 2012

Last Post

09 Dec 2012

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:02 AM ( #2 )

It's a cute app for Japanese Tamagotchi lovers. ^_^

I'm looking forward to seeing what the USA will be releasing in terms of mobile applications...

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:51 PM ( #3 )

looks like an Augmented reality type thing

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:57 AM ( #4 )

Whaaat, no Himespetchi? Well, this is pretty cool but I don't have a SmartPhone and I barely know what an app is. Sounds cute though.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:16 AM ( #5 )

Yay, a better Tama app for Android! The only things I get when I search "Tamagotchi" are random simple things that aren't even Tamas and random things about circuses rated 17+.
  • Purimatchi! likes this

TicTax

• tictax user photo

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:17 PM ( #6 )

looks like a awesome app! I would so get it for my iPod touch if it was in the app store here in America !

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:02 AM ( #7 )

@Everybody who wishes America had tama apps: Actually, it is possible to get Japanese apps onto iOS devices (Explained here: http://www.simonblog...apan-app-store/ and there: http://www.ifans.com...p-store.186716/ ), it just involves creating a separate account on the Japanese iTunes store, and then downloading the app you want for free. although it depends as to whether the tamagotchi app is free or not, if it's not, then it's a no-go.
  • digigirl101 likes this

Asiangotchi

• asiangotchi user photo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:09 PM ( #8 )

My Android phone is rooted, and I have an app that can re-direct the Play Store to a Japanese server and get a hold of this app when it's out. It looks really cool.
  • chrispilot2293 likes this

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:25 PM ( #9 )

@Everybody who wishes America had tama apps: Actually, it is possible to get Japanese apps onto iOS devices (Explained here: http://www.simonblog...apan-app-store/ and there: http://www.ifans.com...p-store.186716/ ), it just involves creating a separate account on the Japanese iTunes store, and then downloading the app you want for free. although it depends as to whether the tamagotchi app is free or not, if it's not, then it's a no-go.

America and other english-based countries will be getting a Tamagotchi app, it's been confirmed to be a part of the new Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. :blink:
  • digigirl101 likes this

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:21 AM ( #10 )

Well yes, we are. But then again, it probably won't be as exciting as this app. :) Considering that Sync Beatz app will most likely be a IOS version of the P1 and P2 toys, while this is its own beast ;)

misaki0709

• misaki0709 user photo

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:08 PM ( #11 )

hope there will be the english ver, and available in my android playstore ><

digigirl101

• digigirl101 user photo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:43 PM ( #12 )

This looks so cute!! I want it! I wish America kept up with this kind of stuff... Japan always has the cutest virtual pet stuff!

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:23 PM ( #13 )

Do you think this app would make it to IOS? I have recently changed from IPhone to android but found I liked IPhone better so have switched over to the IPhone 4s. I would love to have a tamagotchi App on my iphone as I am always on my phone! :D

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:44 PM ( #14 )

Do you think this app would make it to IOS? I have recently changed from IPhone to android but found I liked IPhone better so have switched over to the IPhone 4s. I would love to have a tamagotchi App on my iphone as I am always on my phone! :D

It's been out for quite sometime on the app store. To be exact, the Japanese app store ;)

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:23 AM ( #15 )

Someone should download the app from the Japanese Google Play Store and then upload the .apk to a website. I'm sure we wouldn't get in trouble, because the app is free!

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:30 PM ( #16 )

Someone should download the app from the Japanese Google Play Store and then upload the .apk to a website. I'm sure we wouldn't get in trouble, because the app is free!

That sounds like a good idea!

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:30 AM ( #17 )

I was thinking of doing it myself after I rooted my Nexus 7 (I found a trick that lets you download apps from other countries, but I think you need to be rooted in order to use it).

MusicalAngelgotchiOfLove

• musicalangelgotchioflove user photo

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:04 AM ( #18 )

It looks interesting...
I think I'll wait until (if) it comes out in English, besides, I don't know how to read Japanese (I wish I knew -_-)!
I hope it comes out in English!! :)
  • tamatown123 likes this

beccaaa

• beccaaa user photo

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:10 PM ( #19 )

Yesssss. This is good. I'm sick of playing Hatchi.

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:29 PM ( #20 )

The app has been online at the Japanese App Store for a long while. I've been playing with it :) Rather fun little app.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/data-carddass-app-happy-cards!/id539408862?l=en&mt=8

Also, of course, to have maximum fun out of the app, you need these datacarddass cards to download food and characters. Here's a link to buy a huge pack of them: http://www.amiami.co...cnt=0$pagecnt=1