Tamagotchi ID L questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brento

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm currently saving up for a Tamagotchi ID L, I've read about it a little but I'm kinda confused on some things and have some questions. :huh:

1. Download? I've seen people say a lot about downloading things onto the Tamagotchi, but I'm confused. Can someone pretty much explain EVERYTHING about this for me? :D

2. Characters? Can someone post a picture of all the Tamagotchi characters you are able to get? :wub:

3. Rooms/Designs? Can someone tell about all the rooms they have, and also the designs. Another thing about designs are you able to change the design of the top/bottom little icons?(EX: they are stars, but can you change them to something like a heart etc...)

4. Tamatown? Does this version of Tamagotchi have a Tamatown you can connect to?

5. Any new things I might not know to expect?

Thanks in advance to those who reply :hitodetchi:

P.S. If you have a Tamagotchi ID L. Post some pic? I love seeing pictures of them :ichigotchi: :D

1. Download? Well I haven't downloaded so I wouldn't know exactly, but you go to a Tamagotchi download site and download them to your computer. Then you need to buy an infra-red USB port to transfer them to your iD L.

2. Characters? Can someone post a picture of all the Tamagotchi characters you are able to get? :wub:

iDLMales.png

iDLFemales.png

These charts were made by... I dunno... binary...?

3. Rooms/Designs? You can buy all sorts of different room designs for the main room, kitchen, toilet room, bathroom, and bedroom. There are various designs but you can download more. And yes, you can change the icon theme but you have to raise lots of characters to unlock different themes.

4. Tamatown? I believe there is a TamaTown, but it is called Tamagotchi! Town and you do not need a login password... Not sure about this one.

5. You can dress the characters up, let your Tamagotchi adopt a Tama Pet, unlock locations to visit, and more!

Q. TamaTown site?

A. There isn't a TamaTown web site for the Tamagotchi iD L. There are so many travel destinations on the Tamagotchi iD L that we consider TamaTown to be built into the Tamagotchi iD L.

Q. Downloads?

A. You can add new content to the Tamagotchi iD L: games, living room wallpapers, meals, snacks, toys, fashion accessories, clothing, travel destinations, etc. These originate as files posted to Bandai Japan's web site. Typically, two or three new files are added every other day. (So far, Bandai has posted 1068 download files.) Some items are available from the site for only a limited time. To preserve them for everyone, we've been collecting them as soon as they become available, then re-posting them, here: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=24523 and here: https://www.gotchiworld.de/ As Eternal Mametchi Fan mentioned, these have to be beamed over to your Tamagotchi iD L using IR. There's a list of compatible IR devices here: https://tama-zone.com...showtopic=22536 Step-by-step instructions how to transfer a download item from various phones to a Tamagotchi-iD L can be found in this tama-zone.com topic: https://tama-zone.com...dpost&p=3420444

Note: there are several versions of the Tamagotchi iD L (original version, 15th Anniversary ver., and Princess Spacy ver.) They're all functionally the same, but have different characters you can raise, different built-in foods, minigames, travel destinations, etc. Tamagotchi iD L download files work on all versions of the Tamagotchi iD L.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone, I'm currently saving up for a Tamagotchi ID L, I've read about it a little but I'm kinda confused on some things and have some questions. :huh:

1. Download? I've seen people say a lot about downloading things onto the Tamagotchi, but I'm confused. Can someone pretty much explain EVERYTHING about this for me? :D

3. Rooms/Designs? Can someone tell about all the rooms they have, and also the designs. Another thing about designs are you able to change the design of the top/bottom little icons?(EX: they are stars, but can you change them to something like a heart etc...)

4. Tamatown? Does this version of Tamagotchi have a Tamatown you can connect to?

P.S. If you have a Tamagotchi ID L. Post some pic? I love seeing pictures of them :ichigotchi: :D
1. You can download them at Tama-Zone, and the purpose of them are that they add more content to the iD L, making it more fun. You also have to have a infra-red phone to send the items over.

2. As Eternal Mametchi Fan posted above, there are 32 characters on the iD L.

3. There's the default set that you get from starting up your iD L, which all pieces of this set is free, the Cloud set which cost 1000 Gotchi per room,

the Schoolroom set, which is 5000 Gotchi per room, the Submarine set which costs 4000 Gotchi per room, and a bunch of others.

4. This version doesn't have a TamaTown, but you can unlock locations from TamaTomo Stamps.

5. The Happy Symbols feature. Each character has their own happy item.

I have one, and I can show it, but just don't expect the pearls to come with it, I put them on. Since I resized it and it's not working, I'll just put the link.

https://i1110.photobu...23/IMG_0701.jpg

P.S. You might want to take a look at the 15th Anniversary Ver. and the Princess Spacy Ver. as well, because they are special versions of the iD L.

Hey there!

I'm just going to fill in some info here:

1) Basically, you have to get the downloads from Tama Zone, found HERE. What you have to do is extract the ZIP files so they become JPEGS. On Macs, if you simply click the folder that the downloads are stored in, it automatically extracts it for you. :) On Windows, I'm not entirely sure. They might have an "extract" option when you click on the file once or you might have to download 7zip or Winrar if you don't have it yet.

Once your files are extracted, you can 1) send it to an IR device via USB cable (list of compatible devices is HERE), 2) put the files on an SD/SDHC card (depending on if your device is compatible with SD/SDHC cards; most are only compatible with SD), or 3) save the files on your computer and use an IrDA USB to beam them over.

3) I just want to note: destinations are unlocked with every 4 unique characters that receive ALL their happy symbols, thus resulting in more icons.

4) No TamaTown. The iD L has a little TamaTown all on its own.

5) It's all in Japanese? xD I know this is really obvious, but DON'T. DROP. IT.

We'd be happy to answer any more questions. :)

Oh, you asked for pictures:

My iD L, before it, you know, broke

IMG_1800.jpg

Still all pretty and unopened. :p

IMG_1803.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

^iD L's current home. :<

Thanks again for the answers everyone :wub:

But about the downloads, is it possible to get it to the Tamagotchi without using a phone or buying something extra? If you can can someone explain it to me?

The only way to transfer files to the iD L is through the infrared port on the top of the device.

You will need an infrared-capable device such as a phone or a USB adapter to be able to "transmit" the files.

Thanks again for the answers everyone :wub:

But about the downloads, is it possible to get it to the Tamagotchi without using a phone or buying something extra? If you can can someone explain it to me?
If you have a laptop with a built in IR port, that might work, although it might take some time.

Blue tama1234 said:
Yes you can change the id l's icons the one it comes with is the trees and houses but almost every tamatomo you get gives you a new icons.Some of the new icons are green and red apples,music notes ect.
After 8 unique characters=apples

After 12 unique characters=music notes

After 20 unique characters=Waru Cafe

After 32 unique characters=King's crowns or something...

Thanks again to those who helped me :wub:

I just ordered my Blue Tamagotchi ID L and a USB IrDA :D

Hope everything works ^_^

@kuchipatchi.is.blue55

May I ask how your Tama broke? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again to those who helped me :wub:

I just ordered my Blue Tamagotchi ID L and a USB IrDA :D

Hope everything works ^_^

@kuchipatchi.is.blue55

May I ask how your Tama broke? :huh:
I have dropped it countless times on tile, carpet, linoleum, at a stadium (don't ask). Well, one morning, I was bending down to pick something up and I was in a rush, and my Tama Go and iD L fell out of my giant pocket onto tile, where they...bounced....@.@

Anyway, my Tama Go was fine, but something must've gotten bumped, loosened, broken off, etc. from that last hit on my iD L, and that was the end of it. :(

That's why I told you not to drop it. Because I don't want anybody else to do what I did.

Ironically enough, I easily won an eBay auction for a 15th Anniversary iD L about a week or so later. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back