Photo
- - - - -

Furby 2012!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:22 PM ( #154 )

Wait a minute... The ones with the hair top, they are the party rockers? If so... We have those all over the place here. I like the auqa/pink one... But I thought those were more of the first release. They pulled a fast one on me? As much as I love Furby, weird...

New app in Feb? Haha. Sweet.

asmexus

• asmexus user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:06 AM ( #155 )

A lot of things have no practical use, even one could say Tamas don't. And yet people are out there, buying super expensive cars, expensive homes, yachts, etc, and for what? Oh it's not really super practical, they just want it. Better example would be collecting things like war memorabilia--what's the point? To show it off or other reasons. Is it practical? Nope!

I used this argument as well, but my parents continue to say no. I guess they are more afraid that if they buy it, I'll only use it for a day or something and abandon it. They've bought me some pretty expensive Tamas before so I don't really see why they are against it now. Maybe they are just shocked by how much they cost. Whatever, I guess. I suppose their arguments are valid.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:06 AM ( #156 )

Sigh... I really want a party rocker, but not only they are FOR NOW waay more expensive than the the normal ones, I don't think my mom will agree on me getting one. Heck. she already promised me P's anyway for no particular reason, so I don't think I should hope for any 2012 furby soon.

But it's a nice feature that each generation does something different!

triforceman

• triforceman user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 AM ( #157 )

Wait a minute... The ones with the hair top, they are the party rockers? If so... We have those all over the place here. I like the auqa/pink one... But I thought those were more of the first release. They pulled a fast one on me? As much as I love Furby, weird...

Actually, the party rockers are these: http://furby2012blog...png?w=300&h=258 (Check http://see.walmart.com/furby for a better picture.)

Sigh... I really want a party rocker, but not only they are FOR NOW waay more expensive than the the normal ones, I don't think my mom will agree on me getting one. Heck. she already promised me P's anyway for no particular reason, so I don't think I should hope for any 2012 furby soon.
But it's a nice feature that each generation does something different!

On Walmart.com it shows the regular furbies and the party rockers both at $54.

Edited by triforceman, 03 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:22 PM ( #158 )

I just grabbed two pairs of Furby Frames (the plain black and yellow one) and I say the plain black one looks cute on my teal Furby :D ... although it tends to go out of place a bit when it laughs its belly off :P

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 PM ( #159 )

You guys are making me wanna start up my old ones, lol. Can the new ones chat with the old ones?

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:54 PM ( #160 )

I doubt it. The new ones seem to react to sound whereas the old ones communicated through infared signals. A new Furby would react to the sound an old one was making, but they wouldn't really be communicating the way two old ones or two new ones would.

Edited by robodog, 03 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

SailorRosette

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:00 PM ( #161 )

Oh thank you... Those look a bit weird, cute... I don't know if I want one of those too. My mom might get one if she knows they are comming. She bought 2 of 3 in the house... Of the 2012. I don't know who bought the other two. (Likely my mom)

Ya... Those who have a functioning older Furby, maybe check? I tried, one is emo and one I think is ill with breaking when the batteries are inside.

I want plush Furby too. Bigger Furby bag might be nice too. I saw the Aqua bag and own the White/pink... Like a backpack carrier.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:03 PM ( #162 )

I need to get a couple of those Furby bags. I've been carrying mine in an old orange medicine bag that my Diabetic monitor equipment came in. But the Wal Mart I've been frequenting doesn't have the bags. I need to try Toys R Us or another Wal Mart.

Ahcigar1

• ahcigar1 user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:15 PM ( #163 )

I didn't know that there were bags can carry your furby in. I have been too all the big box stores around here in search of the furby color that I want and haven't seen any "accessories" I guess you could say. Where can you get the bags?

SailorRosette

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:36 PM ( #164 )

They both have been in Walmart. The bags were $10 and the Glasses $7. I think some of the stuff clearanced too, like the chairs. Aqua and Magenta colored. Although I don't believe a Furby can sit comfortly in the chair without being watched. They seem just a tad smaller then they should be. I haven't seen them anywhere else but walmart. TRU might...

Fair warning about the bags... They are like handbags. Atleast they have spots for the ears and holes to see the eyes. I haven't taken any out in the bag because of the reason. I have a bag big enough to take Furby in now though. Vynil bag for girls so if it does rain/snow its protected. Maybe for the guys, a lunch bag might be better in some cases. The bags don't seem like they would shield the Furby if it was to rain/snow... Or get cold for the matter.

triforceman

• triforceman user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:03 PM ( #165 )

I've seen the bags and chairs at Walmart, seem like a waste of money to me, but that's probably because I'm 13 and its pretty hard for me to make money.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:52 PM ( #166 )

I think I'll stick to the bag I have then. If that falls apart I can probably make something to carry them in. The bag I have now is well padded and has vinyl on the inside. My Furby should be safe in that.

SailorRosette

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:17 PM ( #167 )

You could always wait for stickers or patches. Find some that you like and place them. I thought about doing that but I do have other much older bags I could use.

The Furby bags. The handles aren't very big either. They have headphones or earmuffs (whatever they are) that come with it. I haven't gotten them to stay on a Furby. Just like the glasses, akward fitting.

Ahcigar1

• ahcigar1 user photo

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 PM ( #168 )

Oh my gosh. I'm so excited. I just got the aqua blue/green furby. I wanted this one originally but online sites like amazon have been selling it for $80+ dollars, which I think is outrageous. Patience does pay off in the end because I just got one for only $47. YAY! I can't wait to get him.

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:45 AM ( #169 )

I'm not really carrying my furby anywhere.... because I don't go out anywhere anyway. Having the bag would be cool but quite pointless. (Plus my country is too intolerant to ever accept someone over the age of 12 playing with any type of a toy...)
Also it's expensive.

Only official accessory for my furby I want to get are black glasses, but I'm not sure if it's worth it to get it off from ebay with outrageous shipping fees...

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:17 PM ( #170 )

Whenever I go somewhere I always have a Furby with me. I love taking them places. Of course I don't keep batteries in when I take them. They'd make too much noise. I like having a pet that can go anywhere.

EDIT: I just noticed that Target.com has the Furby Party Rockers at $20. They aren't for sale yet. They have them as coming soon. They're supposed to be out this spring. They don't change personalities like the current Furby. They have only one personality each and there's four different ones. Kind of makes sense that they'd only be $20 each. They don't seem to be as complex as regular Furbys.

Edited by robodog, 04 January 2013 - 02:42 PM.