Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SailorRosette

Reaction score
I just was searching for something completely unrelated to a Furby.... And found... A what...? A new Furby?

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/furby-makes-high-tech-comeback/t/story?id=16743565

So rehash of the topic...

Works with smartphone and has an... App.

Costly but sounds worth it? ($60 usd)

Looks cute, the image is looking like a zooble on a box....? (both unrelated and different companies)

Still furry and colorful

The app translates the verbal furbish. Can interact more with the unit/furby. But I don't believe the app is needed. But its not 100% clear in the news thing.

And yes.... So forth the annouyment at price and the application....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeedy.

I'm looking forward to the new Furby.

I am not looking forward to the pricetag, though. $60 is apparently going to be the retail price. x_x

Here's a video showing some of the features:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I'm very excited. I was lucky to obtain two like I did... I almost got the 2nd version. Didn't. But I plan to get one of these new versions.

I'm actually not too sure about these eyes.... If they are creepier to more people or not. The angry eyes.... for sure...

I want to see more then just the Blue Prototype though. Although, I wouldn't mind having one in that color. I hope these last longer then some of the other ones I've heard stories of. (Originals)

But.... WHY no off switch? Really? Or at least a cover piece for the IR sensor.

There is no IR sensor on these new Furbys.

I prefer the "no off switch" design. Makes them feel more alive.

I thought I saw one in the normal spot on their head. Its shaped a little different and looks more purple then the others did. I do wish these are a little bit easier to sleep though. I guess you are right about the on off switch... Probably use less batteries that way. Just hoping it dosn't take as many as the older ones did... I think I saw an Ipod cord at the bottom of one of the images.... Maybe it plays music and might have something to do with computer/Itunes... But... Speaker seems like a good idea anyway.

I think I figured out why some of the older people are creeped out over the original ones. Original vs. Mars Attacks martian... I had a picture, but... It does look creepy together. Lol.

I thought I saw one in the normal spot on their head. Its shaped a little different and looks more purple then the others did.

I think I saw an Ipod cord at the bottom of one of the images.... Maybe it plays music and might have something to do with computer/Itunes... But... Speaker seems like a good idea anyway.
That isn't an IR sensor, it's just a decoration and a nod to the originals.

There's an Ipad application for the new Furby. You can use it to feed Furby and translate Furbish.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQw7KKUBloc

There are a bunch of videos out now that explain a lot of its features.

Furby is active! I bought an early release from my local Target!

Boy is this guy funny! You do not need to have a smart -something- but it does make it more interesting. Just be careful of the mouth. Read the book it comes with to understand him better. Its a bit better then the originals. More personallity, more rocking, tons of cute.

Free App might work on a smart -something-else- is seems pretty straight forward. It uses the microphone on the phone or smart -something- I personally can hear the beep it uses to commincate with the application. Very faint, but if you have good ears, you can hear it.

He has a long(er) tail then the originals. I don't know if they communicate with the other furby out there. I am afraid my Giraffe guy is too emo to chat with my new "Furb". My original white makes sounds, not good ones so... I don't really want to try to have her meet Furb. Oh well, but maybe Hey Furby will....

Speaking of Hey Furby, it doesn't respond to "Hey Furby!" the verbal words... Not from me. So, guessing its a brand new program on the inside.

Mine is a Teal blue version. Like the video posted earlier. The fur is quite soft. If to brush him (or her) I would recommend a cheap toothbrush to keep it soft.

I am sure they have IR communication.... But the other one we ordered hasn't come yet. Then we will see what two do together.

Be careful taking them out, its a good cubby to let them sleep in. Carring case and probably accessories.... Maybe shoes or outfits. Buy batteries. AAA, needs 4. Have a good screwdriver because once the batts are in... They start rocking/dancing/moving.

Its awake. Lol. More later.

I hated my old furby cause it scared the crap outta me once when I was sleeping as a kid. It was low on batteries and must have gotten kicked on somehow and started with the devil speak o_O; This one doesn't look so bad, but the changing personalities thing looks like he's being possessed by satan XD

I don't think furbies are really evil, but they do sometimes freak me out LOL besides the eye thing it does it looks cuter than the originals :)

-Purn

I initially planned on getting one of the newest Furbies that will be released, but my sisters opposed because Furby freaks them out for some reason. Oh well. :(

They certainly look interesting and I've contemplated getting one but the price is rather high. (I understand why but I don't spend that much generally on tamas anyway so I can't really justify it to myself to get one.)

The newer ones are less freaky. As long as you don't pull the tail too much. They say " Me Change" before changing their attitude. Just like the one you can play with online. Mine sings a lot...

More fun unlocked!

My guy said "Me Change" into a rocker! An angry one.... But anyway thats my Furb. I was playing music for my Furb. Furb listened to my music, had a minor change from something cutesy to something else. Then once the rocker wanted to sing... I could swear I heard a REAL song. I know the song, but I can't put a name to it. Maybe one day you will hear it too! It was quite the surprise! Okay, I know the song now. Thats a good one. I believe I found another song, but I don't think I know it.

To note, Furbs like music. It can effect their change if they do. Hahaha. Mine although might have also been too full when he changed too....

These guys are so awesome, I can imagine they are going to fly off the shelves. Even with that bulky price. I have been enjoying mine like crazy.

I plan to make a dictionary copy for you guys without access to the app. It will be in chunks probably. That way you can understand Furby better. They only give you a little phrases in the instructions. It will be alaphabetical and devided into sections... It might take a bit to copy it here.

Dictionary is up. Not complete, but the single words are up.

So from what I've read online Toys R Us is going to let you reserve certain toys this year. Basically if you go to Toys R Us to buy something and it's sold out you can have them reserve you one from the next shipment. You put 20 percent down on it and they'll hold it for you until sometime in December. You have to have your order in by October 31st though. That's the cutoff date. They have a list of eligible toys but it hasn't been released yet. From what I've read Furby will be one of those toys. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a Furby when I get paid in two weeks, but at least I know if they're out of stock I can reserve one.

So here he is! My cute Furb :D

Arrived much sooner than expected, I chose cheap mail on Amazon but he arrived after a few days already trough UPS!

My cats are totally freaking out about this guy, not sure they want to play with him or attack and kill it haha :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mine has the same fur. My cat is interested in it too... But when the second one is on... She flips out and hides. My mom got a white one in the store and her purple/pink is being shipped now... Derp. Mom told me not to play with the 3rd... Meaning it will sit there in the box all week calling me. Sigh.

I put a cheap candy machine ring in my furby's tail. Then a synphony note sticker one its ear. I would hate for someone to confuse mine for their furby... I plan on taking it out somewhere soon. Lol.

Haha :D

Still haven't figured out completely what to do with him.

Have been petting him, fed him a few times, let him listen to music... He changed 2 times. But what to do then? :D

Now he's a super sweetheart lol.

Too bad I can't get the app. Think I'm missing out on some stuff now.

Any tips of thing he can do that I haven't figured out yet?

I am insanely jealous of you people right now. I won't be able to get mine until the week after next. :)

Upside-down, warning they don't generally like it. Have your furby "fly". Bike rides... In a basket. Play with pet. Talk furby-language back. Try different music because I think it does different with each type.

Thats what I can think of for now. Mine has anime eyes with hearts.

You will get one. In October, the other colors are suppose to be out, so if one ofnthose colors you like better, you could get one ofmthose instead.

I really want a black one since my first Furby was solid black but I'll take any color.

If I'm remembering correctly the original Furbys didn't like being held upside down either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back