Tamagotchi ID L features?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katclyde21

Reaction score
I heard you could download games on it, throughout a computer or cell phone. Our pc is too outdated so noo infrared but my cell phone is the intensity 2 samsung verizon thing. Anywho online it says that it has an infrared camera, sooo is it infrared? does it work? could I download games? How do you even download games to begin with im no computer geek so please speak english or link me to a video. big question Is it compatible for my phone or what?!Sorry im sort of aggrivated right now, i just want a quick but detailed answer.

I heard you could download games on it, throughout a computer or cell phone. Our pc is too outdated so noo infrared but my cell phone is the intensity 2 samsung verizon thing. Anywho online it says that it has an infrared camera, sooo is it infrared? does it work? could I download games? How do you even download games to begin with im no computer geek so please speak english or link me to a video. big question Is it compatible for my phone or what?!Sorry im sort of aggrivated right now, i just want a quick but detailed answer.
I wouldn't put my money on a camera. Go for an IR phone or an IrDA USB instead, which are the tried and true methods.

Anyway, first, you get the downloads from THIS topic. Save them onto your computer. Extract the files (turn them into JPEGS). I usually just click on them and my computer extracts them for me. (macs FTW!) If you use Windows, I'm not sure what you have to do. Either it works like what I do or you have to download 7zip and/or Winrar to extract the files if you don't have it already (ask a parent about extraction if you don't understand what I'm saying).

Now, you have three options:

1) Save the downloads on an SD (not SDHC) card and put it into your phone's slot.

2) Load the downloads onto your phone using a data cable.

3) Plug in your IrDA USB and beam the downloads on from there.

Compatible phones and devices are HERE.

EDIT: Some devices are compatible with SDHC cards, but very few are. If you choose to buy an SD card, 1) check to make sure that it's an SD, just to be on the safe side, and 2) that your device has a working SD card slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't put my money on a camera. Go for an IR phone or an IrDA USB instead, which are the tried and true methods.

Anyway, first, you get the downloads from THIS topic. Save them onto your computer. Extract the files (turn them into JPEGS). I usually just click on them and my computer extracts them for me. (macs FTW!) If you use Windows, I'm not sure what you have to do. Either it works like what I do or you have to download 7zip and/or Winrar to extract the files if you don't have it already (ask a parent about extraction if you don't understand what I'm saying).

Now, you have three options:

1) Save the downloads on an SD (not SDHC) card and put it into your phone's slot.

2) Load the downloads onto your phone using a data cable.

3) Plug in your IrDA USB and beam the downloads on from there.

Compatible phones and devices are HERE.

EDIT: Some devices are compatible with SDHC cards, but very few are. If you choose to buy an SD card, 1) check to make sure that it's an SD, just to be on the safe side, and 2) that your device has a working SD card slot.
So what if my computer is 10 years old, would it work with that whole thing and also my phone idk if u should look it up but it has a black window thing in the back and idk if its for sure the infrared connection thing. thanks tho

Oh also none of my computers have IR and no, we r not buying new. my cell phone may or may not have IR it is a newer model (from a year ago) so could any1 else give me tips?

So what if my computer is 10 years old, would it work with that whole thing and also my phone idk if u should look it up but it has a black window thing in the back and idk if its for sure the infrared connection thing. thanks tho
Oh also none of my computers have IR and no, we r not buying new. my cell phone may or may not have IR it is a newer model (from a year ago) so could any1 else give me tips?
There aren't a lot of people who have gotten a computer to beam things over. Like I said before, device or IrDA USB is your best bet.

What model is your phone? You could ask around if any relatives or friends have any cast off, working IR devices you can use/borrow. :) And I don't think your cell phone has IR. Again, you might want to check if it's on the list of compatible devices that I posted.

Hmmm yeah its not on there. But still, idk what a IrDA USB is :( so would your first direction work? @kuchipatchi.is.blue55 sorry i keep asking questions, im only 13!

Have you ever played a handheld Nintendo game? (Like a Gameboy, Gameboy color, DS, ect.) That little red line that is somewhat dark yet clear on the console is the IR.

So they take something like that and put it in a thumb drive like device and TA-DA, IR USB port.

You can buy an irDA USB on eBay. You download the download files onto your computer. There are links on here to Tama-Zone where all of the downloads can be found. After installing the software that comes with the USB port, you plug it into your computer, and connect the USB with your tamagotchi iD L just like you would two tamagotchis, transferring the file into the tamagotchi. Volia.

Have you ever played a handheld Nintendo game? (Like a Gameboy, Gameboy color, DS, ect.) That little red line that is somewhat dark yet clear on the console is the IR.

So they take something like that and put it in a thumb drive like device and TA-DA, IR USB port.
YES! I have a ds and I always was wondering what that weird glowing thing was!

So guys, I feel like its too risky to download stuff into our computer since its so old and slow and sometimes crashes on us. It wouldnt have enough memory and maybe ill ask friends and stuff that have a mac whereas I have a dell windows computer.

So guys, I feel like its too risky to download stuff into our computer since its so old and slow and sometimes crashes on us. It wouldnt have enough memory and maybe ill ask friends and stuff that have a mac whereas I have a dell windows computer.
Windows does work. A lot of people here have successfully gotten downloads and extracted them without a Mac. I only used Mac as an example because that's how I extract my files. :p You could save your downloads on a USB flash drive instead, so it wouldn't take up space on the computer.

YES! I have a ds and I always was wondering what that weird glowing thing was!
It doesn't glow. (The glowing red line is the power indicator)

It's on the back of the DS. (It doesn't actually have a beam but the below is an example of an IR on a DS.)

Nintendo-3DS-InfraRed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back