Anyone for a bit of punk?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Decotchi

Reaction score
I noticed that the majority of users on here listen to music that...well, that doesn't really butter my muffin, so to speak. So I was wondering, are there any fellow fans of genuine punk rock? I'm talking about the original founders. The Sex Pistols, The Clash...etc.

And I have to add, that Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink 182, etc. DO NOT COUNT AS PUNK. The genre of punk was officially laid to rest at the closing of the career of The Clash, which was in the early 80's. Those bands are, at best, pop punk.

And as a side note, any fans of the Manics or Echo & The Bunnymen, are you out there???? Just out of curiosity, since I don't find many fellow fans often.

If I posted this in the wrong part of the forums, I apologize. I'm new to forums in general, so I am completely lost.

hm...well i don't know if you would count these bands as punk, but i'm in love with mayday parade, hollywood undead, linking park, asking alexandria, and a few others. :eek: :blink:

hm...well i don't know if you would count these bands as punk, but i'm in love with mayday parade, hollywood undead, linking park, asking alexandria, and a few others. :eek: :blink:
Linking Park and Asking Alexandria are more post-hardcore. Which is the stuff I listen to.

I'm not really into Punk, but I do like a few Sex Pistol songs ^^.

I'm not to sure about Blink-182 being punk but it does come up as punk on itunes. I don't have the Sex Pistols on my ipod because I have it all on vinyl :-( sad times. I love Public Image Ltd. But I'm pretty sure their Indie rock. I just love John Lydon (when he was a younger)

Beck is one of my favorite artist and i am a big fan of The Clash

The Stranglers I think were my favorite punk band.

I used to listen to a lot of Ian Drury & The Blockheads, Ultravox and Elvis Costello & The Attractions; the Pistols too - though I always found them a bit to "shouty" and out of tune :p

Pop punk is one of my favorite genres :mellow: I could listen to it all day. <3

Does Rancid count as punk? I love them.

i have a youtube channel where i cover some of my fav. hardcore punk / crust punk bands :p

Hollywood Undead are hip-hop, too :b

Punk music is my absolute favorite genre!

I guess my favorite band is pop punk...But whatever. Im a punk. I dont need your rules of what punk should be! :p

I also like Punk Ska a lot. Its so up-beat!

Also the punk "style" (clothes,hair, whatever) Is really rad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back