Tamagotchi P's. Another new tamagotchi in Japan?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Oh. But anyway, that just means people shouldn't complain about the Tama-Go because that's made by the same Bandai that makes color Tamagotchis. X3
I think people complain because the Tama-Go pales in comparison to the color Tamagotchis. Even the most basic color one I think has more in it than a Tama-Go does. Makes people feel that America is behind the times of Japan and Tamagotchi technology. And because the Tama-Go was such a flop, it's what sealed the fate of Tamagotchi and thus ended it in America--now it exists only as an app and apparently a fashion trend.

I can see both sides. I can understand how the TamaGo can be hated, considering it was still black and white when Japan was getting color Tamagotchis, required the purchase of additional figures, was way bigger than it needed to be and is often blamed for Tamagotchi's disappearance from American shores. But I don't think the TamaGo is a bad little pet and I can also understand why it has fans. I don't regret purchasing my two TamaGos at all.

I think that I've said this before (perhaps on Tama Zone), but I'll say it again... I don't think Bandai Japan should be in any rush to try to better the P's. Technically it is the best (most advanced) Tamagotchi release to date, and how they've created the concept of being able to introduce new characters, locations and items through the pierces is a fantastic idea that they really should exploit while they still can. The P's are still popular, the pierces are still selling, and people still want to buy them and use them, so if anything releasing a new Tamagotchi at this point in time would be unwise. There isn't the need to, as they've been able to keep the demand for the P's constant throughout the year with the release of the pierces every other month.

When they do make a new release (perhaps March or November 2014), the only thing that I can really see them implementing in order to "better" the P's is a 3D-screen similar to that of the 3DS. They should keep releasing the pierces though; and make all pierces currently released for the Tamagotchi P's compatible with the next release.
Actually, I imagine the best addition (in my opinion) would be a Bluetooth connection. They could keep the infrared feature so it could connect to other devices, then add the Bluetooth feature for downloads (and possibly connections as well?).

That would make downloads a million times easier since Bluetooth devices are more user-friendly and readily available (for most people) than infrared devices nowadays.

But I think they should still keep the IR download capabilities since there are IR devices out there and it is good to have more connectivity options.

ok so back on complete topic, has anyone seen or has links to any pictures or charts of the Disney, anniversary or aikatsu 2 deco pierces...and they are coming out with a device that allows you to design clothes and access. and download them to the tamagotchi p's...I forget what the device is called, but its the gadget that the two new girl characters use/own... yeah I know sooo not descriptive O.O

Anniversary Pierce Poll

https://tamagotch.channel.or.jp/event/event_anniversarycontest/

To vote, click on the one you want and then press the blue button and your vote will go into the poll :D

PS: Vote for Amakutchi ;)

lXQZEC3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh they all look cute apart from Kuchipatchi he looks a bit silly, its nice that they were all done from children's drawings :)

Just got my P's yesterday! ^_^ I got the Aikatsu set and Sanrio pierce.

I'm surprised to see that it doesn't need much attention. It barely poops or gets hungry and hasn't called for me since it was hatched.

ok so back on complete topic, has anyone seen or has links to any pictures or charts of the Disney, anniversary or aikatsu 2 deco pierces...and they are coming out with a device that allows you to design clothes and access. and download them to the tamagotchi p's...I forget what the device is called, but its the gadget that the two new girl characters use/own... yeah I know sooo not descriptive O.O
I hope someone finds a picture soon. I don't like Disney but it might be good fused with tamagotchi... I hope it will have Stitch.

The device is Tamagotchi Pentouch Pocketbook Designer, it's up on AmiAmi for 7,100 JPY or 8,700 if you get it as a set with a cover. They don't have any pictures up though. I want it but I'll be lucky enough if I can get the new pierces.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling that if Stitch is involved, he'd be Spaceytchi.

But something tells me Spaceytchi would most likely be Dolan Donald Duck. ;)

Ah man, I just heard about the Disney pierce.. This makes me want to buy a P's and I've already spend to much money this month :rolleyes:

Presumably, it'll be like the ID Station, but for P's.

Ra,
I can confirm this - as based on the Bandai page, it says it can design up to 1 million items (different colour combinations, perhaps) for the P's. The screenshot further confirms this as there is a "Connect" button.

The device will be operated by a stylus pen.

Looks really neat but then again, it's sooooo pink. :p

Hmmmm it seems kinda cool now, still not sure if I will give up £56 for it though thats pretty much what I payed for my P's in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back